Latent Group Memberships

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Couldbe Yue reminded me recently of a group that I created and, ultimately, gave to her. It prompted me to look through my listing and realize that I still belonged to some archaic groups (listed below). Second Life groups are a premium for some accounts but have normally served as a luxury for me. Tell us about some of your older groups that are still around for no apparent reason.

Americana created by George Busch - "from the prohibition days of 1930's Chicago, to the glittering lights of Las Vegas, this group is dedicated to create the feel of America through the eras and areas that are synonymous with America and the American Dream." This group was used by the Taberians between Taber being Candie's Bingo hall and a Medieval village. This is most ancient history.

Anarchism created by Jai Nomad - "We believe in maintaining freedom from all forms of resident governance, and a promotion of individual rights. Let those that wish to be governed, achieve this through Group membership - we will walk our own path." We should probably just let this one describe itself. I still have the T-shirt and am pretty sure it's copyable if y'all want one. Seems like everything was copyable in those days.

Poor Impulse Control also created by Jai Nomad - "Do we choose to to have Poor Impulse Control? No, We are just made that way." This was a group for people who didn't frequent Black Sun because it didn't exist because that would be FIC and this was pre-FIC kthxby

Second Life Sailors created by the God Loki Pico - "Boat owners and enthusiasts interested in promoting boating and preserving the waterways of SL." This was the original boating group IIRC created primarily as a PAC to lobby the Lindens to secure waterways through all thirty-something sims that existed at the time. They didn't. Wouldn't do that for the RR group either.

Fun days those were. List some of yours. We promise to not laugh, well, we probably will ha ha ha

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I still belong to Pixeldolls, the Unhinged event group, and.... on my oldest account - my old shop group which for some reason belongs to a deceased family member and not me... I ought to log into that account and fix it.

• 1Like
Reactions: Khamon

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
After a quick check...

I am a member of "Nintendo Club". I have no idea when I joined this, but I wanna say it was a long time ago for someone opening an I world Nintendo Hangout and inviting random people to visit.

I am still a member of Hero Tech Avatars, which I am pretty sure is long gone, but they made some neat, functional, Transformer Avatars. I think that was this group.

Speaking of Transformers. When the first movie launched in 2007, they had a region and a group called Sector 7, that I am still a member of.

• 1Like
Reactions: Khamon

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I belong to a group called Pumpkin Sluts, which we formed way back in 2003 for reasons that elude me. I do remember it involved running around wearing a pumpkin costume and nothing else.

Also, I'm in the There Refugees group, which was for people from There.com who migrated to SL after it closed.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU

We had an Asheron's Call refugee group as well but it didn't last long because SL didn't support uber mega power leveling. The URU group was, probably still is, full of interesting people. I attended some of the There refugee meetings even though I was never actually there.

Last edited: