Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Oi...

Lamar Odom Says He Used Prosthetic Penis to Pass 2004 Olympic Drug Test
Former NBA star Lamar Odom says he used a prosthetic penis in order to pass a drug test prior to the 2004 Summer Olympics.

Odom made the revelation in his forthcoming memoir, Darkness to Light (via People's Natalie Stone). He said USA Basketball had called to inform him an official would be coming by to perform a drug test. He added he had "been smoking weed every day that summer" and thus began panicking about the test.

"We started googling 'fake penises' and studied different ways to beat a drug test," Odom wrote, adding he selected a prosthetic that would arrive the following day.

Odom used urine from his trainer to place in the prosthetic.

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
So the only reason I can think of for this guy needing a fake penis to pass a drugs test is that he's expecting a better than even chance that the tester is going to be staring at his junk while he pees. This jibes exactly with similar comments I've seen sports professionals make over the years. Female swimmers get it particularly tough. Because the suits they wear are so tight, they generally have to be strip entirely for post-race testing. Now consider that at the elite ranks many of these swimmers are around 14 to 16, with all the body image issues that age involves...

In school, or in any other profession, putting people through this wringer would be an incredible abuse of power and almost certainly very, very illegal. Yet, because it's sports, we collectively shrug our shoulders and say "if you don't like it, don't compete." There is something deeply wrong about this.

Cate Foulsbane

SL Rez
I agree that the WAY they test is a mess...but I think testing is necessary. I have NO tolerance for athletes (or their trainers) who cheat. If you can't win with what you've got, then accept that you can't win.

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
I assume that weed is a euphemism for "other fucked up shit i won't admit to taking".

• 1Agree
Reactions: GoblinCampFollower

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
I assume that weed is a euphemism for "other fucked up shit i won't admit to taking".
I was active in bodybuilding communities when younger, so I may have a bit of a bias perspective on this. But yes, I absolutely think that is a strong possibility. Athletes fail tests all the time. It's safe to assume even more get away with masking it. Honest athletes are likely not competitive at the highest level, because we know those drugs are extremely effective.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I'm with Cate: The way I see it, if you can't compete on your own merits, without taking performance-enhancing drugs, then you probably shouldn't compete, or should only compete for the enjoyment of the sport. Having said that, I agree with Beebo, marijuana isn't exactly a performance-enhancing drug, and it seems silly to test for it.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
It's possible they weren't going to be testing for weed. Maybe it was strictly a PED test, which weed is not, but to Odom's mind it was a "drug test" and that made him panic.

• 1Agree
Reactions: OrinB