Jeffrey Epstein charged

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I've read through several Tweet storms and one (of several) consistent themes was contrasting the popular press ranting on about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry for relatively benign actions versus the relative media silence around Prince Andrew's association with Epstein. As someone pointed out, can you just imagine the outrage if it had been Megan Markle hanging out with a pedophile sex-offender? But no, she's being pilloried for not spending Christmas with the Queen, meanwhile the Queen is bestowing honors on Prince Andrew.

I wouldn't want to spend Christmas with the royal family either.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
As I understand it from Twitter, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle apparently let it be known recently that they will not be spending Christmas at Balmoral with the rest of the royals this year.

Can you imagine? Weird father-in-law must be bad enough, but family gatherings with the weird in-laws, including crazy old grandpa and the embarrassing uncle from hell?

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
As I understand it from Twitter, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle apparently let it be known recently that they will not be spending Christmas at Balmoral with the rest of the royals this year.
Mad respect for Harry sticking up for Meghan.

At least I hope that's what it is and not some control freak thing, though Harry and William always struck me as carrying the best of their mother.

Tigger

not on speaking terms with the voices in my head
It only shows that even the royal family is only human and not above failure. But he should have known better than that.
I don't mean this in any way to be an attack on you Bartholomew.

But this sentence sums up a lot of what is wrong with royalty and people's attitudes to royalty. Of course he is only human, because there is nothing special about a member of the royal family other than the accident of who their parents are (well unless you subscribe to the conspiracy theory that they are lizard people and after that interview Im not so sure I can ridicule the believers in that any more). The idea that they are in some way 'better' than us is abhorrent. They are rich, they are priveleged, they are fawned over, but if we have learned anything it's that this is far more likely to produce a reprehensible person than a decent one.

Yes he should have known better... than to accept the services of trafficked sex slaves from his friend the sex trafficker.

And here it is, or at least in part -- I've not yet read it myself:

ETA: And now I have.

Oh good God. Whatever was he thinking of?

I've seen that sort of exchange before, many times -- generally during the prosecution's cross-examination of the defendant in a trial concerning a sexual assault said to have taken place many years previously.

Usually things did not go well for the defendant after a performance like that.
That guardian transcript is far from complete. There is a full one in the Mirror.

it's horrific when you look at it in detail. His utter vagueness about all things with dates attached except the night he was accused of having sex with that girl where the vagueness disappears to be replaced with exact recollection. He doesn't recall dates, he doesn't recall sex with the girls, he doesn't recall the massages, he denies his "party prince" reputation but there exist far too many pictures of him with much younger women wrapped around him and where his expression is... welll.. he's having a good time in them.

He's denying anything to do with his accuser while at the same time admitting that the photo shows him with her but quibbling over whether the hand in the picture was his or added later. Even though he has no recollection of anything to do with her and besides Epstein never took photos and it was taken upstairs and he's never gone upstairs.

He spends a lot of the interview saying how his relationship with Epstein just wasnt that close, that it was Epsteins girlfriend he was close to. He'd spent time on Epsteins private island aka "pedo island" and he'd flow in Epsteins private plane aka "the lolita express", but they just weren't that close and he'd never noticed anything untoward happening. But after Epstein was released, he couldnt just drop him an email or a text - "in view of your crimes I can have no further contact with you" - no he had to fly out to stay with him for four days in order to tell him so in person while using Epsteins home as a base to do 'other things' in the area.

Maybe he really is innocent and utterly clueless but you couldn't have written a fictional interview that makes him look more guilty.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Here Prince Paedo explains how accusations against him can't be true because he is described as sweating and at that time he was medically incapable of sweating because he'd overdosed on his own adrenaline when he was shot at in the Falklands but thanks to certain actions he's taken since he can now sweat again.

...wait,

what?

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
  • 1OMG!
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Zaida Gearbox and Tigger

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
That guardian transcript is far from complete. There is a full one in the Mirror.

it's horrific when you look at it in detail. His utter vagueness about all things with dates attached except the night he was accused of having sex with that girl where the vagueness disappears to be replaced with exact recollection. He doesn't recall dates, he doesn't recall sex with the girls, he doesn't recall the massages, he denies his "party prince" reputation but there exist far too many pictures of him with much younger women wrapped around him and where his expression is... welll.. he's having a good time in them.

He's denying anything to do with his accuser while at the same time admitting that the photo shows him with her but quibbling over whether the hand in the picture was his or added later. Even though he has no recollection of anything to do with her and besides Epstein never took photos and it was taken upstairs and he's never gone upstairs.

He spends a lot of the interview saying how his relationship with Epstein just wasnt that close, that it was Epsteins girlfriend he was close to. He'd spent time on Epsteins private island aka "pedo island" and he'd flow in Epsteins private plane aka "the lolita express", but they just weren't that close and he'd never noticed anything untoward happening. But after Epstein was released, he couldnt just drop him an email or a text - "in view of your crimes I can have no further contact with you" - no he had to fly out to stay with him for four days in order to tell him so in person while using Epsteins home as a base to do 'other things' in the area.

Maybe he really is innocent and utterly clueless but you couldn't have written a fictional interview that makes him look more guilty.
There's a video of the whole 50 minute interview here

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

danielravennest

SLU Posts
If Harry is not actually of Royal blood, he should thank his lucky stars. Not sharing DNA with that family is probably a good thing.
As a result of my medieval reenactment hobby, I have a wall-sized family tree chart of European royalty. It helps to keep straight all the Charles', Louis', etc. when reading history. They have been inbreeding for 900 years. Partly because a marriage would come with a dowry of titles and lands, and sometimes a kingdom if the right people died off. Partly because only another royal was "good enough". Thus Elizabeth and Philipp are 4th cousins, since both are descended from Victoria. She had a bunch of kids, and married them off across Europe.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
As a result of my medieval reenactment hobby, I have a wall-sized family tree chart of European royalty. It helps to keep straight all the Charles', Louis', etc. when reading history. They have been inbreeding for 900 years. Partly because a marriage would come with a dowry of titles and lands, and sometimes a kingdom if the right people died off. Partly because only another royal was "good enough". Thus Elizabeth and Philipp are 4th cousins, since both are descended from Victoria. She had a bunch of kids, and married them off across Europe.
Also, iirc, Diana was also descended from Victoria, through Edward, who did so take advantage of the tradiytions of the time where women would have affairs with more powerful men, so as to elavate there husbands' position in society. Also, iirc, Camilla is also descended from Edward - both women are descended from women who were involved with Edward, at least, if I'm remember research I did on that period of time [for a project I did in SL - it has been almost 10 years now, though... wait, wow, really?]

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
The two prison guards who were working in Epstein's unit the night of his death have been arrested and charged

(CNN)Two Bureau of Prisons guards were charged by a federal grand jury Tuesday with conspiracy and filing false records in connection with their actions the night Jeffrey Epstein died in prison, according to an indictment.

On that night, the indictment said, guards Tova Noel and Michael Thomas repeatedly failed to complete counts of prisoners on their watch in the specialized housing unit where Epstein was being held. They instead sat at their desks, browsed the internet and moved around the common area, the indictment said.
To mask the fact that they had allegedly neglected to complete the checks, the two guards signed false certifications saying they had performed their duties, according to the indictment.

The night Epstein died, no officer completed any count or round in the unit between 10:30 p.m. on August 9 and 6:30 a.m. August 10, at which time they discovered Epstein's body, the indictment says. Epstein "had committed suicide overnight while unobserved," according to the indictment.

Epstein's attorney declined to comment on the latest developments.

CNN reported last week that at least one federal prison worker had been offered a plea deal, and that the plea deal negotiations between prosecutors and attorneys indicated forthcoming charges by the Department of Justice relating to Epstein's death.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
If it was directed, the two guards who have been arrested could easily roll on their boss to save themselves. If they don't do that, I'm inclined to consider that the final logical nail in the coffin of the "it wasn't suicide" theory, although I doubt its fans will see it that way.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Depends on who the bosses might be. There are some people you don't cross if you value your life.
Going to a very secure jail as a witness protection plan seems possible.

Whatever mob Epstein was working for would have had a backup plan. People claim he was a “brilliant investor” but it would be interesting to find out who gave him his start, if we ever find out.