Jeffrey Epstein charged

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Nah, Clinton was not faithful to his wife..... we know he wasn't.

But there are two other living former presidents that I expect are just as safe in this mess as Obama...

Jimmy Carter and...

Well, I might have not had a good thing to say about Shrub [HW] politically, there is no indication he has ever been unfaithful to his wife. So, those are the other two.

I will say I'd expect that Clinton is or at least was just a schmoozer - there is no indications he prefers/preferred underage, just well, younger woman [like 20s]
It was an attempt to make funny remark to choose Clinton as the answer.
Can't win them all.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The Times is covering the saga in great detail. Seems there's lots of embarrassing details to come out -- Clinton is only one of the many wealthy and powerful people who's going to be facing embarrassing questions about how they were able to turn a blind eye to what was clearly going on around them.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
In one respect, the Maxwell/Epstein story is bizarre and unusual. It’s hard to think of any contemporary story of criminal misconduct comparable to that of Epstein, who reportedly wanted to inseminate dozens of women to “seed the human race with his DNA”. It’s also, however, a story about what happens when a small class of people is allowed to behave however they like without any constraints.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The Maxwell/Epstein story is bizarre and unusual in one respect???
Wealthy and powerful people behaving appallingly because no one tries to stop them, or even cares about it, is hardly unusual, though.

It's not as if they make a secret of the fact the same rules don't apply to them as apply to the rest of us. As Ayn Rand had Howard Roark ask in The Fountainhead,
“My dear fellow, who will let you?”

“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?"

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

I think I see a pardon is in someone's future, one way or another -- whatever the outcome of the election, he'll retain his power to pardon people until his last day in office.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Zaida Gearbox

I was thinking that Trump wishing Maxwell well was code for someone to make sure she commits suicide, or so that he'd have something like deniability when she gets murdered commits suicide.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I was thinking that Trump wishing Maxwell well was code for someone to make sure she commits suicide, or so that he'd have something like deniability when she gets murdered commits suicide.
If the allegations against her are true, I suspect a good number of very powerful and wealthy people will be doing their best to ensure her continuing good health, since I think it's a reasonably safe bet that somewhere there's a law firm with instructions to send the contents of a disk drive to the major news media in the event of her death in custody.

ETA -- Alternatively, how prepared would people be to take the chance there wasn't a lawyer and a disk drive if they had reason to fear that, if there is an archive of kompromat waiting to be released, they'll appear in it?

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Her trial won't be until next July,
Presidential pardons are good for offences for the recipient has not been charged, let alone tried -- for example,

Now, THEREFORE, I, GERALD R. FORD, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9,1974.

Before he leaves office, I fully expect Trump at least to try to pardon himself and his whole family for any crimes they may ever in their lives have committed.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Sid

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Presidential pardons are good for offences for the recipient has not been charged, let alone tried -- for example,

Before he leaves office, I fully expect Trump at least to try to pardon himself and his whole family for any crimes they may ever in their lives have committed.
The downside is, if any States had decided Nixon had committed any crimes on the state level [or well, anything not federal], then that pardon wouldn't have meant anything. Sadly though, I guess Misdeamenors and High crimes would still be forgivable - also, pretty sure a president can not pardon himself. He would have to hop down last minute, and hope Pennypiece would give him a pardon.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The downside is, if any States had decided Nixon had committed any crimes on the state level [or well, anything not federal], then that pardon wouldn't have meant anything. Sadly though, I guess Misdeamenors and High crimes would still be forgivable - also, pretty sure a president can not pardon himself. He would have to hop down last minute, and hope Pennypiece would give him a pardon.
I don't say it'll be successful, but I think he'd reason that he has nothing to lose by pardoning himself and that, at the very least, it helps delay everything while the Supreme Court gets round to deciding what, if any, limits there are on the power to pardon.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
No president has ever pardoned themself, but it is entirely probable that Nixon arranged for Ford to issue a pardon as he was negotiating his exit.
I suppose it would be too optimistic that Dump would think of negotiating the same with Biden? As much as he needs to pay for all he's done, it would be worth it to have him willing to leave instead of burning everything down trying not to. There would still be state charges he couldn't escape, as well as the separate federal charges when his tax returns finally find to light. Hey, it worked with All Capone.
Plus there are going to be a fckton of lawsuits, from the families of people who died because of him.
Dump totally bankrupt having to try and make a living like the people he looked down on, that works as justice, too.

Last edited: