Jeffrey Epstein charged

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
It's probably worth remembering that she hasn't been found guilty of anything yet...
I doubt she will be -- I can't see how she can receive a fair trial now, and there must be a huge group of wealthy and powerful people doing all they can to ensure their names don't appear in any evidence.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
The funny things about pardons is: there is a very Murican/Hollywoodesque solution to pardon abuse - there is no rule in place to prevent the next president to pardon whomever, that includes any person who deems it neccessary to take justice into their own hands ... just saying...

In case of a failed reelection a person accused of child molestation but pardoned under questionable circumstances might be living a quite dangerous life - definatelly more dangerous than compared to having been dealt with by the justice system accordingly.

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The funny things about pardons is: there is a very Murican/Hollywoodesque solution to pardon abuse - there is no rule in place to prevent the next president to pardon whomever, that includes any person who deems it neccessary to take justice into their own hands ... just saying...

In case of a failed reelection a person accused of child molestation but pardoned under questionable circumstances might be living a quite dangerous life - definatelly more dangerous than compared to having been dealt with by the justice system accordingly.
Since Ms Maxwell already uses the services of a British private security service run by ex military types, I think she's well aware of that, and since I'm pretty certain she owes much of her wealth to the fact she's not frightened to do business with some of her late father's connections in both the criminal and intelligence communities, I doubt she can be greatly perturbed by cranks with guns who want to see justice done on their own terms.

Tigar

Wearin’ a mask to keep you safe😷
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts

bubblesort

#BillClintonisAPedo is trending on twitter right now. I ran a quick search for 'Bill Clinton', and it turned up one or two articles about his speech at John Lewis's funeral, and then pages of articles on Clinton's involvement with the Epstein situation. A book is out now saying Bill Clinton dated Maxwell.

It's interesting to watch people going back and forth saying conservatives don't accept Trump is a pedo, or liberals don't accept that Bill is a pedo, when it seems like everybody accepts that both are pedos. It's the most bipartisan thing in this news cycle.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
#BillClintonisAPedo is trending on twitter right now. I ran a quick search for 'Bill Clinton', and it turned up one or two articles about his speech at John Lewis's funeral, and then pages of articles on Clinton's involvement with the Epstein situation. A book is out now saying Bill Clinton dated Maxwell.

It's interesting to watch people going back and forth saying conservatives don't accept Trump is a pedo, or liberals don't accept that Bill is a pedo, when it seems like everybody accepts that both are pedos. It's the most bipartisan thing in this news cycle.
In the absence of any actual proof of wrongdoing, I would caution against any such assumption.

Either or both of them may very well have abused Epstein's victims, but I hesitate to accuse someone of serious crimes without some sort of evidence.

However, it seems to me inconceivable that all these wealthy and powerful people whom Epstein invited to his "Pedo Island" didn't see all these young girls hanging around Epstein and didn't draw the obvious conclusions about why they were there.

They must have realised what was doing on, even if they weren't themselves directly involved, but they chose to ignore it, since it didn't matter to them. Epstein was wealthy, and well-connected, and in a position to do them favours, and probably had in the past done them some favours -- financial or otherwise -- they didn't want published, and that's all that was important.

Last edited:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
In the absence of any actual proof of wrongdoing, I would caution against any such assumption.

Either of both of them may very well have abused Epstein's victims, but I hesitate to accuse someone of serious crimes without some sort of evidence.

However, it seems to me inconceivable that all these wealthy and powerful people whom Epstein invited to his "Pedo Island" didn't see all these young girls hanging around Epstein and didn't draw the obvious conclusions about why they were there.

They must have realised what was doing on, even if they weren't themselves directly involved, but they chose to ignore it, since it didn't matter to them. Epstein was wealthy, and well-connected, and in a position to do them favours, and probably had in the past done them some favours -- financial or otherwise -- they didn't want published, and that's all that was important.
Plus there is the problem that society and even a fair number of women do not see women as having value in outself, at least not in the US... and even when I was in HS, my state considered 14 old enough for a girl to not be seen as a child for Statutory.... it changed when I was 19 or 20, but....

Free

Nasty Hugs
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
“She’s now in jail. Yeah, I wish her well,” Trump told Swan. “I’d wish you well. I’d wish a lot of people well. Good luck. Let them prove somebody was guilty.”

The President went on to repeat the sentiment another two times.

“I do wish her well,” he said. “I’m not looking for anything bad for her. I’m not looking bad for anybody.”

“I mean, she’s an alleged child sex trafficker,” Swan pointed out.

“But all it is is her boyfriend died…he died in jail,” Trump responded. “Was he killed? Was it suicide? I do. I wish her well.”

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

"If you were a friend, if you were an associate of Epstein’s, you must have seen it, known it, felt it, suspected it. There were so many people in their world. I mean, he owned four homes, mansions, an island, with so many people working for him and piloting his airplane, cooking for him, driving him…and yet no one said anything.”

[....]

Sexual abuse wasn't the only form of abuse going on here -- a hell of a lot of people must have known what was going on and ignored it, whether because their jobs depended on it or because Epstein was, like them, wealthy and powerful, and the girls and young women he victimised weren't.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

Sexual abuse wasn't the only form of abuse going on here -- a hell of a lot of people must have known what was going on and ignored it, whether because their jobs depended on it or because Epstein was, like them, wealthy and powerful, and the girls and young women he victimised weren't.
Not to mention, even a rich woman isn't as important as a rich man. At least in the US, women are still very much second class, and often not even considered real people compared to men.

I mean, look at all the higher profile rape cases lately, or Gamergate, or.... any number of cases of it.

Free

Nasty Hugs
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

From last year, but it continues to be true.

Free

Nasty Hugs
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Uh oh...

Ghislaine Maxwell has requested to be moved from her New York prison cell amid claims that she is being watched by guards who do not appear to be “regular personnel” at the jail where she is being detained.

Lawyers for Ms Maxwell, 58, have written a motion to Judge Alison Nathan asking that their client be moved into the general prison population at the Metropolitan Detention Centre in Brooklyn.

Ms Maxwell’s legal team claim she has been subjected to multiple searches a day and is under constant surveillance by guards – despite being recently taken off suicide watch.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Wexner's relationship with Epstein is so hinky that the only question in my mind is whether he was being blackmailed or was just so addicted to whatever Epstein could supply him that he couldn't stay away. Maybe both.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Waiting to see a few high profile buildings on campus renamed (our modern art museum and medical center are both Wexner).

• 1Like
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Wexner's relationship with Epstein is so hinky that the only question in my mind is whether he was being blackmailed or was just so addicted to whatever Epstein could supply him that he couldn't stay away. Maybe both.
Epstein's professional skill was in hiding money offshore to avoid taxes. I expect that's what Wexner hired him for, and how Epstein accumulated a fortune in such a short time - he got a percentage off the top. The British Virgin Islands are a top tax haven, and one of Epstein's homes was in the US Virgin Islands, which are only a few miles away. That makes it trivially easy to move funds from one to the other. Hire some lawyers, set up a few shell companies, and no one is the wiser.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Epstein's professional skill was in hiding money offshore to avoid taxes. I expect that's what Wexner hired him for...
I don't buy that as an answer. The degree of financial control that Wexner just handed over to Epstein bespeaks a much more tangled relationship. It went far beyond a professional business association.