Jeffrey Epstein charged

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
This whole thing just stinks to high heaven: Surveillance video from Epstein's first apparent suicide attempt 'no longer exists'

So no one was watching him (even though he'd allegedly already attempted suicide) and now the video surveillance was lost?

Not that I care that much about Epstein but I do care that we allow people their date in court and don't murder them in prison. If someone powerful can murder someone like Epstein in prison then anyone can be murdered. Is that the kind of "justice" we want in America? This screams of powerful people using their power to murder someone who could testify against their bad deeds.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
This whole thing just stinks to high heaven: Surveillance video from Epstein's first apparent suicide attempt 'no longer exists'

So no one was watching him (even though he'd allegedly already attempted suicide) and now the video surveillance was lost?

Not that I care that much about Epstein but I do care that we allow people their date in court and don't murder them in prison. If someone powerful can murder someone like Epstein in prison then anyone can be murdered. Is that the kind of "justice" we want in America? This screams of powerful people using their power to murder someone who could testify against their bad deeds.
This reminds me of the missing Nixon tapes.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
This reminds me of the missing Nixon tapes.
Ask me if I would be at all surprised if Trump was not one of Epstein's frequent visitors and on tape having sex with some underage girl.

I think this is worse than the Nixon tapes though. No one lost their life during the Nixon break in. As despicable as Epstein was, he had a right to his day in court. No one should have been able to end is life just to shut him up.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Coincidentally describes how much cooperation the UK police have received from the US in the matter of the killing of Harry Dunn.

Maybe we could have some kind of suspect-exchange.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Coincidentally describes how much cooperation the UK police have received from the US in the matter of the killing of Harry Dunn.

Maybe we could have some kind of suspect-exchange.
I'm waiting for them to lift him next time he visits the US.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Could lead to Prince Andrew giving evidence to US investigators on oath in Westminster Magistrates' Court via video-link.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Ms Strauss told reporters she would "welcome Prince Andrew coming in to talk with us".

Virginia Roberts Giuffre, one of Epstein's alleged victims. has claimed that Maxwell arranged for her to have sex with the prince at the socialite's London townhouse.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

It'll be interesting to see who she gives them to try to keep her freedom.
AWESOME that she has finally been caught! She's been in hiding but from the sound of things the FBI has known exactly where she was for quite a while if not the whole time.

I'm really not sure how this one might go. With Epstein dead, Maxwell is the highest-level person left that was involved with running/managing the actual prostitution ring itself. So she could count in prosecutors' eyes as the "biggest fish". So it depends on whether they value nailing her as a ringleader or bringing down her high-profile clients. My impression is that in cases like this it's usually the government making deals with the johns to get at the ringleaders, not the other way around.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
AWESOME that she has finally been caught! She's been in hiding but from the sound of things the FBI has known exactly where she was for quite a while if not the whole time.

I'm really not sure how this one might go. With Epstein dead, Maxwell is the highest-level person left that was involved with running/managing the actual prostitution ring itself. So she could count in prosecutors' eyes as the "biggest fish". So it depends on whether they value nailing her as a ringleader or bringing down her high-profile clients. My impression is that in cases like this it's usually the government making deals with the johns to get at the ringleaders, not the other way around.
Depends how much trouble they want to make, and for whom.

She is alleged to have procured underage girls for Epstein, who pimped them out to his wealthy and powerful friends. Her father, the late Robert Maxwell, had ties with the Russian mafia, and especially Semion Mogilevich, for whom he laundered money while trying to keep his empire afloat. He also obtained an Israeli passport for Mogilevich, as he also did for 23 of his associates.

Mogilevich is still very much involved in money laundering and, for some reason, Donald Trump is apparently always anxious to derail investigations involving him.

She's potentially a nightmare for Trump. I really do hope they make sure the CCTV cameras are working near her cell, because I'm sure there are a lot of Americans and Russians both who wouldn't like the FBI to hear some of the stuff I'm sure she has to tell them.

I'm wondering if William Barr's botched attempt to fire Geoffrey Berman the other week and (unsuccessfully) to replace him with someone more compliant isn't related to this.

Last edited:

danielravennest

SLU Posts
They already searched all of Epstein's properties last year and have all of the physical evidence. They probably did a lot of "follow the money" tracing and talking to low-level staff and suppliers. My guess is part of why they waited to arrest her is to see who she makes contact with, to give them more leads.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Depends how much trouble they want to make, and for whom.

She is alleged to have procured underage girls for Epstein, who pimped them out to his wealthy and powerful friends. Her father, the late Robert Maxwell, had ties with the Russian mafia, and especially Semion Mogilevich, for whom he laundered money while trying to keep his empire afloat. He also obtained an Israeli passport for Mogilevich, as he also did for 23 of his associates.

Mogilevich is still very much involved in money laundering and, for some reason, Donald Trump is apparently always anxious to derail investigations involving him.

She's potentially a nightmare for Trump. I really do hope they make sure the CCTV cameras are working near her cell, because I'm sure there are a lot of Americans and Russians both who wouldn't like the FBI to hear some of the stuff I'm sure she has to tell them.

I'm wondering if William Barr's botched attempt to fire Geoffrey Berman the other week and (unsuccessfully) to replace him with someone more compliant isn't related to this.
That’s probably why all the bots and MAGAts are flooding Twitter with tweets about the Clintons. Deflection, and hoping to lay the groundwork for blaming them fit anything that happens to her. Plus, of course, any opportunity to hate on Hillary.

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I can't understand why Maxwell let herself be arrested in the USA. She could have sat around in France, unless she was running out of money and friends. Or friends with money. Maybe she thinks there's more money and approval to be obtained from playing with the Americans. Or she's stupid.