Jeffrey Epstein charged

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I don't know about the method of taking one's life Innula is alluding to, but I really have to wonder: If Epstein did in fact commit suicide, wouldn't the object used still be on his person? I mean, if he hung or strangled himself, wouldn't what he used still be around his neck? That no one seems to know how he did it suggests to me that the object used had been removed after his death.
There would certainly be a ligature, yes. But I had taken the fact that no one seems to know how he did it to mean that that news hasn't been released, and the few people who do know have -- commendably, in my view -- not leaked the information to the press, but are waiting for the coroner or whoever it is to release a statement.

Romana

SL Rez
From a Twitter account not known for tinfoil-hattery:

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
If one is to go the conspiracy theory route.... (I love a good conspiracy theory,.. the more bizzare the better.. even though I rarely believe..they're highly entertaining)
let us go on a joyous journey of wild conspiracy.

What if he really is not dead but in extreme witness protection program for agreeing to drop ALL the noogly details on #45 including video and photgraphic evidence.

Does that not make thine toes curl in a very pleasant manner. Just like when one dreams of winning the lotto and how one would spend the proceeds.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

Jopsy Pendragon

Moral Compasses get confused at the North Pole.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Agriculture requires settled communities, and enables leisure time for portions of the population, which leads to the creation of goods and their uneven distribution.
I'd be very surprised if hunter-gatherer tribes weren't also dominated by bullies who used intimidation to get more and do less.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
If one is to go the conspiracy theory route.... (I love a good conspiracy theory,.. the more bizzare the better.. even though I rarely believe..they're highly entertaining)
let us go on a joyous journey of wild conspiracy.

What if he really is not dead but in extreme witness protection program for agreeing to drop ALL the noogly details on #45 including video and photgraphic evidence.

Does that not make thine toes curl in a very pleasant manner. Just like when one dreams of winning the lotto and how one would spend the proceeds.
I like the way you think.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: eku zhong

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
In support of the conspiracy theories (or not, if it was just a flub and unintentional):

Report: Epstein Prison Mysteriously Ignored Suicide Prevention Measures

As if President Trump fueling conspiracy theories about Jeffrey Epstein’s apparent suicide weren’t enough, a distressing new report suggests that the former financier and convicted sex offender was not being monitored under suicide watch protocol when he died on Saturday. Additionally, Epstein’s Metropolitan Correctional Center cellmate was apparently moved ahead of schedule, and guards reportedly failed to check in on Epstein every half-hour as they were supposed to.

According to The New York Times, an unnamed law-enforcement official familiar with Epstein’s detention revealed that prior to his death, Epstein was housed alone in a cell—just two weeks after being taken off suicide watch, following a July incident in which he’d allegedly attempted self-harm. This was evidently against normal procedure for the facility, as was the absence of guards performing regular checks on Epstein’s health. The jail is also said to have notified the Justice Department that Epstein would have a cellmate and a guard looking into his cell every 30 minutes, “but that was apparently not done,” the Times writes.

“Officials cautioned that their initial findings about his detention were preliminary and could change,” the Times report also notes.

Epstein was first placed on suicide watch after a July 23 incident in which he was found unconscious in his cell with bruising on his neck, suggesting a possible attempted hanging. The 24-hour suicide watch protocol also included daily psychiatric evaluations, though Epstein was apparently taken off monitoring a mere 6 days after the incident. It is unclear why Epstein’s new cellmate—placed with him as part of the post-suicide watch protocol—was subsequently moved, and the Times report suggests that the two guards on duty in his special housing unit were working overtime in an already-short-staffed facility.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I'd be very surprised if hunter-gatherer tribes weren't also dominated by bullies who used intimidation to get more and do less.
As it happens, at least according to summaries I've read, it didn't, or at least doesn't, work that way.

Bands of chimps function pretty much as you describe -- the top alpha male is more of a bully than anything else, taking pretty much what he wants, with the back-up of a couple of enforcers, whose friendship he cultivates to keep them onside.

However, extant wandering groups of foragers are apparently always fiercely egalitarian, with all their customs and practices aimed at preventing bullies and free-riders from prospering and to ensure an equitable distribution of food (a big advantage to the group as a whole, since it means everyone gets fed and continues to participate in hunts, since even the best of hunters will have dry patches when they don't find much).

The explanation is thought to be that humans developed the ability to use language and to use weapons at about the same time, thus giving members of the group of hunter-gatherers the tools to gossip with each other about how so-and-so and his couple of heavies are getting out of line, and also the tools -- spears, bows and arrows, and so on -- to enforce better behaviour.

Last edited:

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
However, extant wandering groups of foragers are apparently always fiercely egalitarian...
:qft:
That's what I've heard as well, back during my anthropology days at college. Bad acting members of the group are shunned until they stop misbehaving or, in the most extreme cases, the group just walks away from them as a form of excommunication. There are also early Neolithic settlements that appeared to be communal and egalitarian as well (based on the size and placement of the dwellings). Privileged authoritarianism is one way that humans have organized themselves into larger groups, but not the only way.

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
Jeffrey Epstein Camp Sent Pathologist Michael Baden to Watch Over His Autopsy

MIchael Baden? The host of HBO's "Autopsy" show? The same guy who was chairman of the pathology panel that investigated JFK's death from 76-78? The right wing nutjob who was on Fox News channel as "Forensic Science Contributor "? The guy does have some solid credentials, but on first glance he sounds like another nutter. Oh, I'm sorry, "Celebrity Pathologist". :cautious:

• 1lolwut?
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
I've never really been much on conspiracies, but damn if this isn't getting more interesting every day!

(Excuse the source, I have no idea if it's reliable or not. But smoke, fire, etc)

William Barr Secretly Visited Jail Where Jeffrey Epstein Was Held About Two Weeks Ago

A former mob informant and close associate of 'Teflon Don' John Gotti says the U.S. attorney general visited the jail around the same time that Epstein first reportedly attempted suicide.

This information was published Sunday by The New York Post. During an interview, former Gotti adviser Lewis Kasman said that the jail may have received a secret, VIP visitor about two weeks ago.

That visitor, Kasman says, was United States Attorney General William Barr.

The visit would have come around the same time that former Donald Trump friend Jeffrey Epstein — the multimillionaire convicted pedophile — was found unresponsive in his cell after what authorities called a failed suicide attempt. Epstein died Saturday as the result of a successful suicide attempt, authorities say, via The Inquisitr.

“When does that happen?” Kasman said in his Post interview.
“The attorney general never visits jails. Something’s not right there.”
My take on this: if Barr was involved, why in the hell would he actually visit the scene of the crime? That's not how you avoid notice. It's actually pretty stupid. While nobody ever accused the Trump administration of being smart, even Donnie likes to keep at least 1 or 2 layers between himself and his crimes.

Sid

AFK
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Maybe they were pleading on behalf of other well paying customers still walking around freely.

• 2Like
Reactions: Cristalle and Chin Rey