Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
It didn't occur to me until I read it, but this narcissist has been denied his food because he can't run around the country doing his nazi rallies. The man who has done very, very few briefings to us is now quite interested in doing them. One could say, "well sure, he has to keep us up to date", but that falls apart when you see him touting his poll numbers and giving inaccurate and dangerous information.

It must kill him that he isn't getting his supply in feedback from a rowdy audience but instead faces reporters who he would like to disappear from the face of the earth.

Countdown to tirade on twitter about "fake news", 10, 9, 8...

TV networks cut away from Trump coronavirus briefing as he contradicts health experts

Donald Trump’s Monday night press briefing lost a huge share of its TV audience when almost all the major networks cut away from him mid-flow — with the exception of Fox News. Whereas the networks have generally given full coverage to the White House’s coronavirus task force briefings, ABC, CBS and NBC all cut to their evening newscasts 20 minutes after Monday’s started and never went back — even though the president spoke until shortly after 8pm. CNN cut away at around 7:20 pm, and MSNBC followed suit within five minutes.
Some journalists working at the networks that turned away from Mr Trump have identified his televised press briefings as substitute campaign rallies. Unable to convene large crowds during the epidemic, the president is using the briefings to expound on his administration’s efforts to combat the virus while also touting his poll numbers.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
'Some may even die, I don't know': Former Wells Fargo CEO wants people to go back to work and 'see what happens'

"Some may die". "We will see what happens." I bet he won't be one of those people. I bet he will be locked away somewhere.

Dick Kovacevich, the former CEO and chairman of Wells Fargo, told Bloomberg News that healthy workers under the age of 55 should return to work in April if the outbreak is controlled, saying that "some may even die" with his plan.

"We'll gradually bring those people back and see what happens. Some of them will get sick, some may even die, I don't know," said Kovacevich, a current executive at Cisco and Cargill.

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
'Some may even die, I don't know': Former Wells Fargo CEO wants people to go back to work and 'see what happens'

"Some may die". "We will see what happens." I bet he won't be one of those people. I bet he will be locked away somewhere.
Can you even imagine finding out that your boss said that some of you and your coworkers might die and basically shrugged it off? We somehow made the leap from concerned and woke HR departments to megacorporations and a cypberpunk dystopia in a week. At least they pretended to care about employees until now.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Can you even imagine finding out that your boss said that some of you and your coworkers might die and basically shrugged it off? We somehow made the leap from concerned and woke HR departments to megacorporations and a cypberpunk dystopia in a week. At least they pretended to care about employees until now.
They keep this up and those who survive may well be considering a similar mechanism.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
It didn't occur to me until I read it, but this narcissist has been denied his food because he can't run around the country doing his nazi rallies. The man who has done very, very few briefings to us is now quite interested in doing them. One could say, "well sure, he has to keep us up to date", but that falls apart when you see him touting his poll numbers and giving inaccurate and dangerous information.

It must kill him that he isn't getting his supply in feedback from a rowdy audience but instead faces reporters who he would like to disappear from the face of the earth.

Countdown to tirade on twitter about "fake news", 10, 9, 8...

TV networks cut away from Trump coronavirus briefing as he contradicts health experts
I keep meaning to tweet to David Pakman that I am not watching his livestreams of the daily briefings because they are just donnie rallies now. He usually talks about something else [like the economy] before even MENTIONING the donnie virus, yells at reporters for asking easy qs about the virus and maybe has a doctor or someone talk after him.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
Why does he have to put down EVERYBODY he talks about..
either they are a failed presidential candidate.. or they got zero.. or something negative..
no matter what or who he talks about.. the only thing he really is saying is trying to talk himself up while putting others down in whatever way possible.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
In an era when most people were farmers, pitchforks and torches were the easiest things to grab for a peasant uprising. Today it would be firearms and gasoline with lighters. If you really want a pitchfork-like device to poke people with, just duct-tape a large kitchen knife to a broomstick.
Certainly better if you’re social distancing a Senator who’s been exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.