Status
Not open for further replies.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Not only does she knit, she's a member of a knitting community. An ACTIVE member. AND, it's a local one. lol

I think that's why I didn't click. It could be an informative article, idk, but that screams "Isabeau! Don't click!"
Inquiring minds want to know how you become an inactive member.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
The funny thing is the race only lasted 20 laps before it was delayed by rain; it has to be made up tomorrow, sans pomp and circumstance.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Could you open with something a little less "single mom accidentally discovers simple trick that makes greedy doctors furious"? The specifics are so irrelevant and yet curiously specific that it redlined my "this is nothing but total BS click-bait" sensor.
And the term "SJW" activates my "don't read this if you want to keep your blood pressure down" sensor.
Really, Bartholomew, I expected better of you.
And as for the not-so-witty little knitter? I don't give a tinker's damn what she thinks, or any other wannabe pundit fur that matter. Both major parties need serious improvement. But if she thinks the Republicans are any more in touch than she thinks the Democrats are, I've got some nice beachfront property in Oklahoma to sell her.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Old news: Israel having a wall at the border with Gaza strip for security reasons.
Hot news: Egypt is building a wall at their border with Gaza strip for security reasons.

Mohammed Abu Harbeed, an expert on security affairs at the Interior Ministry in the Gaza Strip, told Al-Monitor, “The construction of this barrier was highly coordinated with Hamas and the Gaza Interior Ministry. It is designed to bring about better security on [both] sides of the border.”

The wall is made out of concrete, and 6m high and goes 5m down in the ground, est. length 2km and finished in mid 2020.

Last edited:

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Forum Lord💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
  • 1LOL
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Last came Anarchy: he rode
On a white horse, splashed with blood;
He was pale even to the lips,
Like Death in the Apocalypse.

And he wore a kingly crown;
And in his grasp a sceptre shone;
On his brow this mark I saw--
'I AM GOD, AND KING, AND LAW!'

The whole first part of the poem seems to describe Trump and his administration and admirers all too well.

ETA Unless it's an alternative US spelling, the poem is called The Masque of Anarchy, like Poe's Masque of the Red Death. The masquers wear masks, but the word for the performance or dance is "masque", derived from masquerade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.