#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
That happened in 2016.
I think I've mentioned it earlier in the thread but in 2016 EIU's democracy index downgraded USA from "full democracy" to "flawed democracy" despite the fact that the index is mainly based on data from an oranisation founded by president Roosevelt and fully financed by the US government.
This had nothing to do with Trump btw. USA had been sliding downwards on the index for several years and it's just a coincidence that it crossed that border the same year he was elected.
Don't tell the Cheeto or he will insist on running a "perfect democracy".

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
They just decided to severly restrict press coverage...

I hate to say this but I guess the club of democratic countries just lost the member USA.
Our membership had already expired. Just a lot of people had not realized it.

Marita

Still mostly just Lurking
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
Oct 2009
SLU Posts
I expect to see a lot more Sergeant Schultz type responses as more of the bottom of the barrel is exposed

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Start here and scroll up:

:LOL:
He quotes his hourly rate, which works out to $66.9K/year. That's just below the 75th percentile of individual income, not the top 1% (99th percentile). To be in the top 1%, you need to be earning about 5 times as much.

Anyone who brags about their hourly rate isn't in the 1%. In fact, people in the 1% rarely talk about their income, because it pisses off all the people who make a lot less.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
He quotes his hourly rate, which works out to $66.9K/year. That's just below the 75th percentile of individual income, not the top 1% (99th percentile). To be in the top 1%, you need to be earning about 5 times as much.

Anyone who brags about their hourly rate isn't in the 1%. In fact, people in the 1% rarely talk about their income, because it pisses off all the people who make a lot less.
And he was being 100% entirely serious. You should get on the Tweeter and fix his math for him. I'm sure the world needs to know for sure.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

Who brags about their hourly rate? Whenever I need to know mine for something I have to look it up.

I am sure it is low for my field and title but whatever.

• 2Hug
Reactions: Sid and Brenda Archer

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Not to mention, nobody in the top 1% is earning an hourly wage.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Seriously, y'all with Tweeter accounts need to inform this guy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.