#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
He's just off in a world of his own.

I mean, he was asked what about what, specifically, he wanted to see NATO do in the Middle East, and he responded by burbling on about what a great name he'd thought up for the mission.

That's not normal behaviour.

ETA: Unless maybe it's normal behaviour for someone stoned out of their head on something, either for recreational purposes or because they've been prescribed whatever it is to help them through some difficulties they're having. That hypothesis certainly seems not wholly far-fetched and would explain an awful lot.

Last edited:

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
I hope after what's-his-name is no longer president we can return to being merely annoying, and not scary.
2021:
America: Well that happened. Hey guys, can we reinstate a few things?
World: Good for four years or eight?
America: It won't ever be like that again!
World: ok boomerica

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

I mean, he was asked what about what, specifically, he wanted to see NATO do in the Middle East, and he responded by burbling on about what a great name he'd thought up for the mission.

ETA: Unless maybe it's normal behaviour for someone stoned out of their head on something, either for recreational purposes or because they've been prescribed whatever it is to help them through some difficulties they're having. That hypothesis certainly seems not wholly far-fetched and would explain an awful lot.
Watch your terms. Human being normal or donnie normal. Remember this was someone who was told, at some point, 'staring at the sun is a bad idea' and did so.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

It's all the Adderall, I'm quite sure.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
2021:
America: Well that happened. Hey guys, can we reinstate a few things?
World: Good for four years or eight?
America: It won't ever be like that again!
World: ok boomerica
:qft:

We can't be trusted. I'm not sure how many presidents of a reasonable nature we would need to elect to reassure the world, but I'm thinking we should be on probation for at least the next three or four.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I agree he's a nut, but it takes many just as nuts (or more so?) surrounding and defending him for this situation we are all in. There is so much talk about how crazy he is; is he drugged? Is he having a mental breakdown? What a baffoon! Etc. but I wish there were more headlines about how the whole administration is accountable. I know there are some, it just seems that mostly the focus is on the latest weird speech he's done, etc.

I don't follow US news as much anymore, so maybe there is and I just haven't notice it. I mostly see all the put-downs and jokes about Trump on Twitter and such.

RodeejahUrquan

Horns n' Furz
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I don't remember, hah!
SLU Posts
I agree he's a nut, but it takes many just as nuts (or more so?) surrounding and defending him for this situation we are all in. There is so much talk about how crazy he is; is he drugged? Is he having a mental breakdown? What a baffoon! Etc. but I wish there were more headlines about how the whole administration is accountable. I know there are some, it just seems that mostly the focus is on the latest weird speech he's done, etc.

I don't follow US news as much anymore, so maybe there is and I just haven't notice it. I mostly see all the put-downs and jokes about Trump on Twitter and such.
I feel like, ridiculously enough, folks STILL see Trump as a Leader That Hasn't Come Into His Own Yet. They're still looking up to him to be that strongman they hope he is. They don't realize that while the Executive branch is the head branch, it's STILL not the whole tree of government. There are a lot of just as delusional derps behind him, whispering in his ears and pumping up that fragile Narc ego to do the most egregious things that he probably would have stalled on if he didn't have any enablers.

It's frustrating, to say the least.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
We can't be trusted. I'm not sure how many presidents of a reasonable nature we would need to elect to reassure the world, but I'm thinking we should be on probation for at least the next three or four.
You were still on probation for Bush when you pulled a Trump out of your sleeves...

Last edited:

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
:qft:

I should be less glib.

The whole worldview of (white male straight Christian) Americans are More Equal than Others is not a new thing. Trump just says the quiet parts out loud.

Put another Obama in the White House and the international dialogue will be more measured and civil, and perhaps less ridiculous trashing of various treaties, but it's a known that America is a nation big enough to say "what you gonna do about it?" when trashing a treaty that is no longer advantageous. This is the risk of doing business with a superpower.

Major societal shifts take A: Generations and B: Tragedy. For America to actually be seen as that Great United Federation of Planets Planet Earth, the go to guy for protection if needed, markets, global stability, I have a small shopping list of internal changes that need implementation on a societal level.

-Metric. I've been using this as a bellwether when dealing with new people. If they can't get over themselves when handed a number in Metric, despite having a planet sized calculator at their fingertips, I take that as sign I might be speaking with an Imperialist Asshole. Three whole countries still use old system, one is/was a military dictatorship, and another elected Trump. The key here is, "able to get over oneself".

-Sensible Gun Laws.

-Banking Regulations.

-Universal Health Care.

Note I'm not touching foreign aid or give aways to other countries. The above are just things that America can do for Americans, and would go a long way to show a major shift in what it means to be an American. Do those and major stresses lift from the shoulders of Americans and that frees up a lot of mental capacity for other things, like, not being terrified of falling ill, getting shot, or your bank imploding and taking your mortgage with it in a massive fraud scandal that goes entirely unpunished, and indeed the opposite with the architects being rewarded with cabinet positions instead.

Lift some of those stresses and that opens up capacity to care about other things. Important things. Like human rights. Or a Manhattan Project of energy for climate solutions. Or perhaps most important of all, convincing Marks and Spencer to expand into the continental North America so we won't have to fly to Bermuda for access to quality undergarments.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
-Metric. I've been using this as a bellwether when dealing with new people. If they can't get over themselves when handed a number in Metric, despite having a planet sized calculator at their fingertips, I take that as sign I might be speaking with an Imperialist Asshole. Three whole countries still use old system, one is/was a military dictatorship, and another elected Trump.
I know of one imperial measurement standardized worldwide despite metrication. Can you guess it?

And no I don't mean surf wave height. That's not standardized.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I should be less glib.

The whole worldview of (white male straight Christian) Americans are More Equal than Others is not a new thing. Trump just says the quiet parts out loud.

Put another Obama in the White House and the international dialogue will be more measured and civil, and perhaps less ridiculous trashing of various treaties, but it's a known that America is a nation big enough to say "what you gonna do about it?" when trashing a treaty that is no longer advantageous. This is the risk of doing business with a superpower.

Major societal shifts take A: Generations and B: Tragedy. For America to actually be seen as that Great United Federation of Planets Planet Earth, the go to guy for protection if needed, markets, global stability, I have a small shopping list of internal changes that need implementation on a societal level.

-Metric. I've been using this as a bellwether when dealing with new people. If they can't get over themselves when handed a number in Metric, despite having a planet sized calculator at their fingertips, I take that as sign I might be speaking with an Imperialist Asshole. Three whole countries still use old system, one is/was a military dictatorship, and another elected Trump. The key here is, "able to get over oneself".

-Sensible Gun Laws.

-Banking Regulations.

-Universal Health Care.

Note I'm not touching foreign aid or give aways to other countries. The above are just things that America can do for Americans, and would go a long way to show a major shift in what it means to be an American. Do those and major stresses lift from the shoulders of Americans and that frees up a lot of mental capacity for other things, like, not being terrified of falling ill, getting shot, or your bank imploding and taking your mortgage with it in a massive fraud scandal that goes entirely unpunished, and indeed the opposite with the architects being rewarded with cabinet positions instead.

Lift some of those stresses and that opens up capacity to care about other things. Important things. Like human rights. Or a Manhattan Project of energy for climate solutions. Or perhaps most important of all, convincing Marks and Spencer to expand into the continental North America so we won't have to fly to Bermuda for access to quality undergarments.
I agree that healthcare is an excellent measure of ethics. It would mean we were willing to commit tax money to something that wasn’t military or a corporate interest backed by powerful lobbyists. If we can’t do this, it means our government isn’t really in charge of anything.

We’re confirmed corporate fascism in that case. I have for a few years now been predicting the right wing Republicans will get us into a war with someone now considered an ally. This still sounds preposterous to most, but I’ve seen nothing to dissuade me. We have theocracy, exceptionalism and a corrupted voting process. Theocracy is the worst of this, so unconscious and universal that even liberals generally treat it as a legitimate source of authority. This is the Trojan Horse against the republic. It goes to the very foundation.

Striking by the public might help, but mere protests won’t. Some of the leaders of Ferguson were found dead in burned cars and some of the leaders of Standing Rock are in prison on generally trumped-up charges. The Republicans will happily expand the private prison complex to include political prisoners. We are not a Western democracy. Resistors need to be smart.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
And there's how disinformation works. Post about issues, some weirdo goes onto a tangent, and smart people run arount the tangential mulberry bush, actual issues forgotten. :)

Oh, and cubits are still used in gardening, way more important topic than mass shootings.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I feel like, ridiculously enough, folks STILL see Trump as a Leader That Hasn't Come Into His Own Yet. They're still looking up to him to be that strongman they hope he is. They don't realize that while the Executive branch is the head branch, it's STILL not the whole tree of government. There are a lot of just as delusional derps behind him, whispering in his ears and pumping up that fragile Narc ego to do the most egregious things that he probably would have stalled on if he didn't have any enablers.

It's frustrating, to say the least.
Who? Where?

People often break things down into the beltway vs outside the beltway on stuff like that. We are laughing at him as much as anyone else here (even more so, he got under 4.1% of the DC popular vote in 2016).

Status
Not open for further replies.