#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
When Lindsay Graham was attacking Trump, his favorability among Republicans tanked. Once he started working with Trump, his favorability rose significantly.

It's entirely possible that's all it took to buy his loyalty to country. Which tells you a lot about what a hollow man he truly is.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Nah, i don't think its Trump blackmailing anyone, but rather foriegn sources controlling them both [probably blackmail, but also threats against family and the like.]
I doubt it is threats. They know how to handle his personality [remember Putin is former kgb] and actually listen to advisors telling them how to handle him if they do not already know.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Mike Chucklehead is going on Fox tonight with the next big shiny:
I am so glad I have a witty reply now whenever US citicens ask me how my German ancestors could have let Hitler happen*...

*but I am really concerned nowadays that I mistook their motivation in the past - they were not wondering. Those bastards asked for instructions...

• 1Sad
Reactions: Govi

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I am so glad I have a witty reply now whenever US citicens ask me how my German ancestors could have let Hitler happen*...

*but I am really concerned nowadays that I mistook their motivation in the past - they were not wondering. Those bastards asked for instructions...
You're not the only one with German ancestors [or to ask how it was allowed to happen] the only difference is, my German ancestors left in the 1600 and 1700s.

But I don't know if you were ever called a nazi as a child by classmates because you were born there because your father was in the Armed forces... Funnily, the biggest one for doing that to me looked a lot like a ginger Adolf.... especially with that stupid matching comb across his lip.

EmpressOfCommunism

Feted Inner Collective Farmer <3
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Regarding some of the ineptitudes spewed by republicans defending trump on TV in the past few days(which she had on to distract from climate change horrors and the UK election), a friend put it wisely:

"Rome may be burning, but at least i can make fun of Nero’s subpar fiddle-playing as i slowly roast in my own juices"

• 1Agree
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
SL Rez
SLU Posts
  • 1Scared
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
If he has the supreme court sewed up they can agree with him even if the words say differently.
True, but can you just begin to imagine the shitstorm? This is not even ambiguous, it is the whole point of the 22nd amendment.

Spirits Rising

Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
The text of the 22nd amendment:

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This Article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several states within seven years from the date of its submission to the states by the Congress.
The Supreme Court can only deliberate on the meaning or application of an Amendment as said Amendment is written. It cannot override or overrule an Amendment.

Does the waste of space in office care? Likely not.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Myradyl Muse
Status
Not open for further replies.