Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
re: my post above--check out hashtag #RevolutionaryWarAirports for more fun. It's like the "Second Civil War" all over again.
I can't figure out if that was a speechwriter's doing, he wrote his own speech because he is such a genius, or if he went "off-the-cuff".

Remember when we had a Rhodes Scholar or a man who graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School as well as being a constitutional scholar for our president? Me, too.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I didn't watch his speech, so I wouldn't be able to tell; it should be easy to tell whether he wrote his own speech or someone wrote it for him, much like one can tell the difference between a painting by a renown artist and one by a kindergartner.

It's likely though that if someone else wrote his speech, Trump ad-libbed his own "facts" into it.

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I can't figure out if that was a speechwriter's doing, he wrote his own speech because he is such a genius, or if he went "off-the-cuff".

Based on a few different major news sources, Trump wrote the speech himself, but the teleprompter failed because of the rain.

BUT... he also said "I knew the speech very well, so I was able to do it without a teleprompter."

So his speech contained complete nonsense because the teleprompter failed, but he didn't need the teleprompter because he knew the speech really well.

<insert gif of puppy spinning until it gets dizzy and falls over>

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
Countdown til he calls history "fake news"...
🤣
And the Trumposphere is ablaze today with all kinds of ridiculous defenses of his gaffes (more than one). The "Obama said there were 57 states" line of defense. Clearly a gaffe (which he corrected), but then again Obama was a Constitutional scholar. Trump clearly is a constitutional moron. Scholars get a little break on this stuff, especially when they quickly admit their mistake. Trump never admits a thing.

"Whataboutism" is not their only line of defense, of course. "It was a long speech". "He was tired".... His speech was compared to “an angry grandpa reading a fifth grader’s book report on American military history.”

And of course, Trump: "“I guess the rain knocked out the teleprompter, so it’s not that, but I knew the speech very well, so I was able to do it without a teleprompter. " Sure, Bucky. You just go right aheaad and believe that. Then wonder why you're a laughingstock of the world.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
And the Trumposphere is ablaze today with all kinds of ridiculous defenses of his gaffes (more than one). The "Obama said there were 57 states" line of defense. Clearly a gaffe (which he corrected), but then again Obama was a Constitutional scholar. Trump clearly is a constitutional moron. Scholars get a little break on this stuff, especially when they quickly admit their mistake. Trump never admits a thing.

"Whataboutism" is not their only line of defense, of course. "It was a long speech". "He was tired".... His speech was compared to “an angry grandpa reading a fifth grader’s book report on American military history.”

And of course, Trump: "“I guess the rain knocked out the teleprompter, so it’s not that, but I knew the speech very well, so I was able to do it without a teleprompter. " Sure, Bucky. You just go right aheaad and believe that. Then wonder why you're a laughingstock of the world.
I could've predicted that their "defense" would be "but Obama". They're as fixated on him as 45 is. The only time I've ever seen another President mentioned is when they actually did some research to justify the tanks. Not much research though; the reasons for military parades with DDE and JFK were far different. Also they didn't preempt Independence Day.

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Once again, the more EOs he tried around, the more precedent he's setting for a future Dem President to issue then liberally. He may really think he's going to be president forever, but you'd think a few Republicans would be alarmed.

Last edited:

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Also stupid. In comments today about the citizenship question, he said one of the purposes was redistricting. That was never given by the government as a reason in all of the court cases about this question. The Constitution specifies the Census shall count the "whole number of persons", not citizens, in each state. So anything which tends to reduce the accuracy of the count is unconstitutional. Asking about citizenship in the current climate of fear for immigrants will tend to make them not fill out the form, and thus undercount them. States which have large numbers of undocumented people will thus lose seats in Congress.

By admitting the question was about redistricting, Trump just undercut the Department of Justice's case. A judge in a Maryland case about the census question today immediately ordered the start of "discovery" as to the origin of the question. That means government officials will be required to testify under oath, and produce documents requested by the plaintiffs. There are multiple cases about this ongoing.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Last night my spouse and I were at my office building to watch the fireworks from its rooftop. What people not local may miss is this:

After awhile people turned away to watch private fireworks and ones from surrounding towns. Clouds and air pollution always happens at fireworks shows but the ones here have NEVER been that bad. The problem probably would not have been as bad if not as many fireworks were fired off at the same time, and guess who made the micromanagement decisions on that stuff?

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Confidential memos by Britain's Ambassador to the USA, Kim Darroch, have been leaked, and they paint a damning, though hardly unexpected, picture of life in the court of King Donald:

Interestingly,
Britain’s Foreign Office did not dispute the veracity of the memos.

“The British public would expect our ambassadors to provide ministers with an honest, unvarnished assessment of the politics in their country,” a spokeswoman said.

“Their views are not necessarily the views of ministers or indeed the government,” she added, noting “we pay them to be candid”.

“Our team in Washington have strong relations with the White House and no doubt that these will withstand such mischievous behaviour,” the spokeswoman said of the potential fallout from the leak.
ETA:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.