Status
Not open for further replies.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Nothing here yet about the story of him losing a billion dollars just in the decade that the NYT was able to dig up info on?

[edit: Maybe I should have used spoiler tags?]

Ellie

Heretical Raccoon Skunk with a Rainbow Pootbeam
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
Nothing here yet about the story of him losing a billion dollars just in the decade that the NYT was able to dig up info on?

[edit: Maybe I should have used spoiler tags?]
Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses

Karma's a bitch you can't grab by the pussy, Cheetohead!
Since the 2016 presidential campaign, journalists at The Times and elsewhere have been trying to piece together Mr. Trump’s complex and concealed finances. While The Times did not obtain the president’s actual tax returns, it received the information contained in the returns from someone who had legal access to it. The Times was then able to find matching results in the I.R.S. information on top earners — a publicly available database that each year comprises a one-third sampling of those taxpayers, with identifying details removed. It also confirmed significant findings using other public documents, along with confidential Trump family tax and financial records from the newspaper’s 2018 investigation into the origin of the president’s wealth.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
This was actually already known, just in not as much detail. So no spoiler needed.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Well, if he wants to confine himself to grumbling about sports for the rest of his term go for it. Everything else he has touched is still wincing.

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
The story's from Sep 2018, but relevant today.

the chairmen of the House Ways and Means Committee and Senate Finance Committee are authorized to request the president's -- or indeed anyone's -- tax returns from the IRS to conduct an investigation.

The chairmen of the tax-writing committees -- whether they act together or alone -- don't need to disclose that they've requested the president's returns. But they may choose to -- and likely would -- share the returns with their committee members in closed session. If the committee thinks releasing the returns to the House or Senate would further a legitimate committee purpose, they're permitted to do so

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
And this alleged human's name is Armando Gonzalez? WTF? WTAF?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Samantha Fuller

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
The ringleader gets up for his narcissistic ego fill bemoaning that he cannot do awful, murderous things. Of course, the wannabe SS heard him loud and clear long ago. All of their very worst instincts brought right out into the open.

Americans longing for the days of Hitler, complete with genocide and all. The man who stole the presidency uses that same stolen executive privilege to thwart further inquiry into that stolen presidency. I've had enough of this timeline to last a lifetime.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I know this got tweeted, but here's a news article about it. I'd prepare for more stories of mass shootings and vigilante executions.

Our goddamn president chortling happily about the suggestion that migrants across our southern border should be shot. Jesus H. Christ.

And then he denies doing anything, saying anything, to encourage the hideous plague of white power fanatics in America.

I liked him much better when he was merely a joke. Now, he's an incredibly dangerous non-joke that would be a joke in almost any other context than that of the presidency.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I liked him much better when he was merely a joke. Now, he's an incredibly dangerous non-joke that would be a joke in almost any other context than that of the presidency.
Now America is the joke. A sick one.

Status
Not open for further replies.