Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Not done with that.

I can't get worked up about protocol lapses, be it handshake bows, be it coffee salutes, be it salutes to North Korean military. Doesn't matter who, Obama, Trump, Bush. People going to brain fart, and brain farts aren't a moral failure.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I'm somewhat concerned about protocol primarily because, when you know (or should know) what the protocol is, failure to follow it suggests a degree of disregard for the other people involved, who are following it.

He's presumably been told, "Sir, it's really simple. If you're not wearing a hat, don't return the salute," but he can't even get that right.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
when you know (or should know) what the protocol is, failure to follow it suggests a degree of disregard for the other people involved, who are following it.
This is where I'd differentiate between cocked it up once and made good faith effort going forward to get it right going forward, as opposed to doesn't give a damn. We know Trump falls into the latter through years of observation, though.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
This cunt. I don't use that word often and when I do, I mean it. Where has he been in Puerto Rico (which apparently doesn't exist for him) or California (which he hates because they didn't vote for his majesty)? I loathe this man with every fiber of my being. He likely doesn't even actually give a shit about any Alabama resident who died. It's all a fucking parade. I don't begrudge people getting help, of course I don't. I do hold anger and hatred toward the man who imposes his crazy award system to our country.

The signing of the bible makes me really irate. I'm surprised they didn't burst into flame. He has gall even looking at a bible. To him, he likely thinks that he is making the owners of the bibles money having his signature. Gah.
I truly don't have a word for Trump, he is that reprehensible. Puerto Rico is full of brown people, and we can't have that in America, right? I mean, build that wall and all that! And he's basically telling California to fuck off and die because we're a liberal state. First, he threatens to withhold funding for wildfire victims (did he actually follow through with that threat?), and now, FEMA had denied reimbursement to the state for the repair of the Oroville Dam spillway! FEMA Rejects $306 Million for Oroville Dam Spillway Reconstruction

As for Bible signing, that seriously blows my mind. If these people had even bothered to read the Bibles they're having Trump sign, they would have surely tripped across that passage that forbids the worship of other gods, and having Trump sign your Bible ranks right up there, in my mind. I am truly disgusted by these people calling themselves Christians these days!

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Protection money. "That's a nice country you have there, it would be a shame to see anything happen to it."
It also rather ignores the fact the that the US bases wouldn't be there if successive administrations didn't consider it in the strategic interests of the US to maintain them.

As the article points out,
In Germany, for instance, the U.S. relies on several crucial installations: the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center and the Ramstein Air Base. Landstuhl is a world-class medical facility that has provided emergency care to U.S. soldiers wounded in Iraq and other trouble spots.

Germany is also home to the headquarters of the U.S. Africa Command. Estimating how much Germany ought to pay for those bases, which serve so many other interests, would be complicated.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

This has to be Putin's idea, surely.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Can any of the military veterans in this forum shed any light on how the C-i-C is supposed to conduct himself when he's saluted? I'm sure that, whatever the protocol is, it can't be what Individual 1 is doing.
I honestly am not entirely sure of the rules governing military salutes with regard to the CinC, except that I positively know we're supposed to salute him, rendering a smart, crisp hand salute. But I'm pretty certain protocol dictates the CinC returns the salute and at least makes it look convincing! Unfortunately, being the top man on the military totem pole, there's really nobody to call him to account for failing to do so.

Edit: Thanks to Grandma Bates for that explanation. That actually makes sense to me. I came into the military during Reagan, so that is what I've been exposed to and know.

Last edited:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I truly don't have a word for Trump, he is that reprehensible. Puerto Rico is full of brown people, and we can't have that in America, right? I mean, build that wall and all that! And he's basically telling California to fuck off and die because we're a liberal state. First, he threatens to withhold funding for wildfire victims (did he actually follow through with that threat?), and now, FEMA had denied reimbursement to the state for the repair of the Oroville Dam spillway! FEMA Rejects $306 Million for Oroville Dam Spillway Reconstruction

As for Bible signing, that seriously blows my mind. If these people had even bothered to read the Bibles they're having Trump sign, they would have surely tripped across that passage that forbids the worship of other gods, and having Trump sign your Bible ranks right up there, in my mind. I am truly disgusted by these people calling themselves Christians these days!
The base gets A Plus treatment. Puerto Rico, which has 3.5 million US citizens, gets deliberately neglected. California, which suffered some of the worst fires in its history, is punished and mocked. I'm just glad none of this is subtle. It's all out in the open. He is NOT the President of ALL United States, as the job title requires.

If he wanted the prestige (and grifting opportunity) of the Presidency so badly that he worked with foreign entities to commit treason to get it, the least he could do, is do the damn job, rather than watch Fox news 6 hrs a day and serve only those who voted for him.

I don't even know what to say anymore. I alternate between jaw-dropping astonishment and white hot anger (which I may have expressed more than a time or two). We are going to have to work really hard to remove this (and all of the other enabling and complicit) entities from our public lives. It's all on the line. We have to focus that anger.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
It also rather ignores the fact the that the US bases wouldn't be there if successive administrations didn't consider it in the strategic interests of the US to maintain them. .
YES, THANK YOU. Trump doesn't know rusty-dick about geopolitics because he's a freaking game show host, not a statesman; so he thinks having US troops stationed in foreign countries is nothing but a protection racket that those other countries should be paying the US for; he literally has no concept of things like strategic presence or theater logistics. Presidents don't need to know about these things personally of course - they can't be experts on everything, that's why they have an administration to advise them; but the problem with Trump is nobody can tell him anything about anything.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
YES, THANK YOU. Trump doesn't know rusty-dick about geopolitics because he's a freaking game show host, not a statesman; so he thinks having US troops stationed in foreign countries is nothing but a protection racket that those other countries should be paying the US for; he literally has no concept of things like strategic presence or theater logistics. Presidents don't need to know about these things personally of course - they can't be experts on everything, that's why they have an administration to advise them; but the problem with Trump is nobody can tell him anything about anything.
You mean like the State Dept that he hasn't bothered to staff? Who needs that when you are a "very stable genius"? We should probably be grateful that he has not based upon the abilities/partisanship/outright insane theories and corruption of those people he has appointed to various positions within the administration; not that I think he alone bears that blame. I smell a strong stench of Pence, Heritage Foundation, Federalist Society, Kushner and Miller.

Last edited:

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
Back to people taking their bibles to have the president sign them. It makes me wonder if they're feeling a need to have their faith shored up, a new father figure who promises them heaven?
I'm surprised Trump's Sharpie pen didn't catch fire.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Report: Founder Of FL Spas Tied To Sex Trafficking Sold Chinese Execs Access To Trump
The woman who founded a series of Florida spas that were recently busted for functioning as a sex trafficking ring — including one where New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft was arrested for allegedly soliciting prostitution — also owns a consulting firm that advertises access to President Trump and his family to Chinese executives, according to new Mother Jones and USA Today reports.

Mother Jones was first to report that Cindy (Li) Yang runs a business called GY US Investments LLC, which has a website that is primarily in Chinese and advertises her proximity to President Trump. The day after the Miami Herald published an exposé on Yang’s ties to Trump and key figures in the Republican Party, the website shut down.

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
A whole government of mobsters. Well, at least no one sane can deny it anymore.
Are you kidding? Oh I guess you meant no one who isn't enthralled in the cult of Trump. One of my friends has been posting on Facebook the most ridiculous right wing propaganda. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.