Status
Not open for further replies.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

I just had to retweet this one. Check out the hashtag for more merriment.
*sigh*

As was pointed out it is the holiday season and they are asking for people to put their money to an (ineffectual) symbol of hate rather than to give to charities and help the needy.

"Sorry kids, no presents this year. What? Yes, I know I have a job this time but The Wall is more important you see!"

Somewhere there is a kid who just filed for emancipation from their parents.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
How is the media responsible for Trump's stupidity?
Because if you remember, 24 hours ago Trump was going to sign this, which was a net positive thing. But it seems whenever pressure manages to successfully force Trump to concede on something, the news simply can't ever help but report it like BWAHAHA TRUMP CAAAAVES! STUNNING SETBACK TO AGENDA! FAAAAIL TO DELIVER ON CAMPAIGN PROMISE!!! which is a direct attack on Trump's ego and thus predictably leads to him reversing himself and doing the @$$hole thing anyway that he had just been successfully pressured to change his mind on. Same damn thing happened after Las Vegas when it looked for a brief moment like his daughter had somehow convinced him to buck the NRA and start working on universal background checks for weapons.

Maybe it's just me being cynical again but it's getting harder and harder for me to believe they're not doing it on purpose.

Dillon Levenque

Cautiously creeping...
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I'm not sure what you meant by media not equal to Fox, Dakota, but Trump's big boosters (including at least one Fox commenter) were really crawling his frame about this early today. A quote from a BBC article (Trump supporters angry at wall 'retreat'):

Mr Trump's champions in the media are also upset by his failure to seal the deal.
Breitbart News called it a "cave". The Drudge Report used the headline, "Trump in Retreat".

Radio host Rush Limbaugh said the president is going to "get less than nothing".

Right-wing columnist Ann Coulter - author of In Trump We Trust - recently predicted he will not be re-elected.
"Without a wall, he will only be remembered as a small cartoon figure who briefly inflamed and amused the rabble," she wrote.

Fox News host Laura Ingraham also posted a critical tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.