#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Yes, but I think the point is that the small minority of gun owners who are enthusiastic about a having a civil war, and many of whom form themselves into armed militias, are also the sort of people who were worried that Obama and Biden would confiscate their arsenals prior to shipping them off to FEMA-run concentration camps, and are grateful to Trump for stopping them.
Funny enough those happily preparing for a civil war are not neccessarily those performing successfully in one. Surviving a civil war requires a shitload of soft skills in the social area.

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Ellie

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Just before hundreds of far-right activists recently tried to storm the German Parliament, one of their leaders revved up the crowd by conjuring President Trump.

“Trump is in Berlin!” the woman shouted from a small stage, as if to dedicate the imminent charge to him.

She was so convincing that several groups of far-right activists later showed up at the American Embassy and demanded an audience with Mr. Trump. “We know he’s in there!” they insisted.

Mr. Trump was neither in the embassy nor in Germany that day — and yet there he was. His face was emblazoned on banners, T-shirts and even on Germany’s pre-1918 imperial flag, popular with neo-Nazis in the crowd of 50,000 who had come to protest Germany’s pandemic restrictions. His name was invoked by many with messianic zeal.
You hear that, Mr. President? Nazis LOVE you. Surely you've heard of Nazis before.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Do you think I should ask for Mr. Hasselhoff to come out and give me an autograph the next time I walk past your embassy?
No, that's verboten! Mr. Hasslehoff would move in a straight line down to Mexico and sing down the wall - we can't have that happen so he won't get released back to the US by orders of our ally Presidente Trumpo!

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Funny enough those happily preparing for a civil war are no neccessarily those performing successfully in one. Surviving a civil war requires a shitload of soft skills in the social area.
I am constantly amazed when I encounter people not knowing certain skills. For example, if you own or manage a building it is advantageous to know things like how people can break in. Whether you know it yourself or someone that reports to you but somebody should so you know if a given action will hurt or help in another area.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Now we have an indoor sold out rally at a venue that holds thousands of people (that's the most specific news reports seem to be about the number). Expect lots of covid cases in Henderson / Las Vegas in a couple of weeks.

• 1Screwdriver
Reactions: Ellie

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Now we have an indoor sold out rally at a venue that holds thousands of people (that's the most specific news reports seem to be about the number). Expect lots of covid cases in Henderson / Las Vegas in a couple of weeks.
It's the airlock scene in Avenue 5 all over again. Stupid deliberately ignorant idiots that individually MUST slap their hand right down on that hot stove burner to learn that burns are insanely painful rather than learn from the unfortunate examples of others. Damned shame they aren't removing themselves from the gene pool EARLY enough to prevent them from contributing to it.

[edited to remove excessive f-bombs.]

Last edited:

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Also all over. People at these things follow it around like it is a messiah.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
It's the airlock scene in Avenue 5 all over again. Stupid deliberately ignorant idiots that individually MUST slap their hand right down on that hot stove burner to learn that burns are insanely painful rather than learn from the unfortunate examples of others. Damned shame they aren't removing themselves from the gene pool EARLY enough to prevent them from contributing to it.

[edited to remove excessive f-bombs.]
I can not even figure them out. Usually I can at least understand their political differences, even if I disagree. Here they are going to something bloody basic (like masks or social distancing) and disagreeing on the facts.

Disagree on something political, fine. Disagree on facts? WTF? The orange slug did not help, to the point even now when it came out it felt differently its cult is saying things like 'that is his opinion' but rotely following everything else it says.

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
‘Brainless twit’ Trump buried in ridicule for boasting about a fake award named after a ‘failed US invasion’

According to the president, “Sleepy Joe Biden has spent 47 years in politics being terrible to Hispanics. Now he is relying on Castro lover Bernie Sanders to help him out. That won’t work! Remember, Miami Cubans gave me the highly honored Bay of Pigs Award for all I have done for our great Cuban Population!”

As Dale noted, “For those confused by Trump’s claim he got the ‘highly honored Bay of Pigs Award’: He got an endorsement in 2016 from the Bay of Pigs Veterans Association. It’s not an award. He has a long history of turning endorsements and other non-awards into awards.”

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
In supporting Trump, proud Bay of Pigs vets drag themselves into an unworthy battle
Miami Herald, October 25, 2016
Unfortunately, they dragged themselves Tuesday into an unworthy battle — a nasty presidential political campaign where they don’t belong. Certainly not this way, endorsing a celebrity businessman who stands for the kind of authoritarian governance these men fought against. A candidate who has ties to an aggressive Russia, like the one that manhandled Cuba for decades, then left the island in shambles without the benefit of glasnost and perestroika.

Status
Not open for further replies.