Status
Not open for further replies.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Why was this essential service left wide open for exploitation by Donald Trump? Why did Obama just leave it to be exploited?
DEC 19, 2016...
Postal governors serve staggered seven-year terms, so their ranks must regularly be replenished; however, President Barack Obama's attempts to fill the vacancies hit a brick wall in the Senate. Thanks to the secret hold--a legislative maneuver that allows individual senators to anonymously block an up-or-down vote on a nominee--the President's most recent batch of governor nominations has sat on ice in the Senate for almost two years and will likely expire. That means filling the empty Board seats will soon be President-elect Donald Trump's problem.

But this is not a simple case of partisan gridlock. Although Senate Republicans have stymied the President's attempts to fill a variety of federal offices in recent years, it is something of an open secret that the senators blocking the postal governor nominees are actually not Republicans. Perhaps the most prominent of these is Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, whose support for the postal service earned him the endorsement of the American Postal Workers Union (APWU) during his presidential campaign. Sen. Sanders has not spoken publicly on the vacancies, though, and his office has not yet returned TheStreet's request for comment.
WHAT ABOUT HER EMAILS?!

bubblesort

DEC 19, 2016...

WHAT ABOUT HER EMAILS?!
Thank you! I didn't know about the secret holds. I mean, I know what a secret hold is, and it's bullshit, but I didn't know they did it to Obama's postal appointees.

I'm just kinda scratching my head about why you are asking about email. I'm talking about paper mail. You know, with stamps and stuff. People in this forum are so weird when it comes to politics sometimes. ;)

• 1Facepalm
Reactions: Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Absolutely no word that I can find on what he's in the hospital for, though he was at Mount Sinai for nearly 2 weeks back in July for a "serious condition."

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Absolutely no word that I can find on what he's in the hospital for, though he was at Mount Sinai for nearly 2 weeks back in July for a "serious condition."
This, from the article, seems to suggest it may be some sort of stroke

According to a July 7 report by the Daily Beast, the Trump scion spent at least 11 days in the hospital’s neurosciences ICU, where he was treated for “a serious condition.”

As per Mount Sinai’s Web site, the NSICU specializes in the “compassionate care of patients who suffer from subarachnoid hemorrhage, acute ischemic stroke, intracerebral hemorrhage, subdural hematomas, coma, tumors of the brain and spine, severe or prolonged seizures, neuro-infections, spinal cord injury among others.”

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I got curious about the Postmaster General situation, because I thought they had to be confirmed by the senate. Might be interesting to see who voted for Louis DeJoy. Might make some good attack material against republicans in areas where people are having problems getting things like prescriptions.

Turns out, the postmaster general is directly chosen by the Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service. Once chosen, the postmaster general joins the board, and serves as postmaster general FOR LIFE.

So this issue is not going away with Trump. We will be stuck with De Joy long after Trump is gone. How did we get into this situation? The board of governors. How did they appoint such a ghoulish asshole like DeJoy?

Each member of the board of governors is appointed by the president, and has to be confirmed by the senate. The board hadn't been fully staffed since 2010, and by 2017, the board had so few members, they couldn't make quorum. They had 2 members and 9 vacancies. Starting in 2017, Trump stacked the shit out of that board. That's how we got stuck with DeJoy for a generation.

Why was this essential service left wide open for exploitation by Donald Trump? Why did Obama just leave it to be exploited? We had a democrat majority in the senate until 2015. He could have easily filled those vacancies if he tried. He didn't try, though. This makes me wonder if Obama or his donors own stock in Fed Ex or UPS.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

The president has a lot of things they have to be involved in (or at least oversea). They have a finite number of hours.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Somewhere in *Her* emails lies proof they planned to use the Comet Ping Pong pizzeria for "sorting" mail-in votes!
That reminds me to look if doordash or something will deliver comet. It is only about a mile away.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Thank you! I didn't know about the secret holds. I mean, I know what a secret hold is, and it's bullshit, but I didn't know they did it to Obama's postal appointees.

I'm just kinda scratching my head about why you are asking about email. I'm talking about paper mail. You know, with stamps and stuff. People in this forum are so weird when it comes to politics sometimes. ;)
They did those holds to pretty much everyone they could.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
  • 1Like
  • 1burn
Reactions: Isabeau and Govi

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I got this in my inbox the other day from the 1600 Daily, or as I call it, the Daily WTF:

Coronavirus response: President Trump vs. the Swamp

Democrats in Congress wasted extensive negotiations with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows about an expanded Coronavirus relief package. Democrat leaders were not only willing but determined to withhold vital assistance for families to use it as a political bargaining chip for their radical agenda.

Since Congress wouldn’t act to help the American people, President Trump did.

He issued four major executive actions over the weekend:
  • The first provides out-of-work Americans with $400-per-week in supplemental aid on top of existing unemployment benefits.
  • The second assists renters and homeowners who are struggling to pay their lease or make their mortgage payment.
  • The third defers payroll taxes for employees making $100,000 or less per year through the end of the year.
  • The fourth suspends federal student loan payments and sets interest rates to 0 percent through the end of the year.
Sadly, the Swamp’s dysfunction is nothing new. When the Coronavirus first reached our shores earlier this year, Congressional Democrats were busy playing another partisan game—a historic impeachment hoax that alleged no actual criminal violations by the President.

While Congress was mired in impeachment theater, President Trump responded to early information about the Coronavirus by creating a White House Task Force and restricting travel to the United States from China. At the time, both Democrats and the World Health Organization criticized the travel ban as unnecessary, even “xenophobic.”

Then, as soon as cases began to rise, President Trump released guidance to slow the spread of the disease. Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx both attested to the fact that the President took serious action as soon as the data was presented to him.

🎬 WATCH: Congressional Democrats stonewalled unemployment relief

Later, while Democrats in Washington were wasting time using the global pandemic as a political weapon against Republicans, President Trump was leading the largest mobilization of U.S. industry since World War II. As a result, America built the world’s leading testing system from scratch—one that has now conducted over 65 million tests.

President Trump knows the best strategy moving forward is to protect our most vulnerable populations, including seniors, while helping more communities to safely reopen. As regional Coronavirus hot spots have emerged, President Trump has surged resources to impacted areas while enabling us to prevent another nationwide shutdown.

Never-ending lockdowns would hurt American workers, families, businesses, and schoolchildren. They threaten our most vulnerable communities and would worsen income and educational inequality.

Starting in January, President Trump took actions to protect our homeland, our economy, and our workforce from the Coronavirus. Rather than join him in bipartisan cooperation, Democrats in Washington decided once again to put partisan politics over patriotism.
OMG, the gaslighting is YUGE in this one! Trump has taken it to insane new levels!

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I don't understand what the water pressure when you take a shower has to do with how perfect your hair looks after you've got out of the shower, and dried and styled your hair.
I always thought his hair crawled off his head and washed itself of its own accord.

Status
Not open for further replies.