Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Not a convincing analogy. I don't see him as a domestic abuser. She's describing manipulative behavior, which is associated with a pantheon of conditions, e.g., plain ole narcissism or psychoopathy which I think both apply to Trump.
Ivana (Ivanka's mother) swore under oath that he raped her. The reason? She had recommended the doctor for his hair plugs and they were painful, so he wanted to hurt her.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
We know Trump thinks nothing of assaulting women sexually (grab 'em by the pussy) and how he tries to humiliate and belittle any woman who displeases him, so it should not seem particularly unlikely that he sometimes assaults women non-sexually, as it were, too, when he becomes impatient or annoyed.

Last edited:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
We know Trump thinks nothing of assaulting women sexually (grab 'em by the pussy) and how he tries to humiliate and belittle any woman who displeases him, so it should not seem particularly unlikely that he sometimes assaults women non-sexually, as it were, too, when he becomes impatient or annoyed.
I'd put that likelihood at 99.99%. He thought nothing of smacking Don Jr. hard enough across the face that he fell down to the ground in front of fellow students at his college for wearing a Yankee jersey rather than a suit. They were going to a baseball game. The odds that you would do such a thing to your child (grown or not) and not do it to your spouse are very small.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I could understand stories like this if Trump drank, but as it is, the best explanation seems to be that he really is now pretty much completely unglued.
Umm, how is it going to, oh, do that? Even if you allow restricting new copies of it coming here what about the ones already here? Aside from that it can ban tik tok for the executive branch but not other branches and nongovernmental stuff.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

ETA: The Washington Post suggests how he can, perhaps, do this, though I imagine it's subject to legal challenge and judicial review:

Trump says he plans to bar TikTok from operating in the U.S.

It just thinks it can declare things and they become law. This is what we get when people do not want a 'normal politician' in office ... the other option is someone who has no idea what the law says and what the potus does.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
... he's an Adderall abuser.
fixed that for you, Adderall, Hydroxichloriqin,... heck even women
I'd put that likelihood at 99.99%. He thought nothing of smacking Don Jr. hard enough across the face that he fell down to the ground in front of fellow students at his college for wearing a Yankee jersey rather than a suit. They were going to a baseball game. The odds that you would do such a thing to your child (grown or not) and not do it to your spouse are very small.
So Don Jr. was not born in his current "state"? :kittyball:

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
:qft:

A million times that!

• 1Thanks

Sovereignty

SL Rez
Which is only part of his repertoire. He's so much more than that. The abuse, like the manipulation, is just a symptom. I take it as a symptom of psychopathy.

The twitter thread makes a strained comparison of domestic abuse with what Trump is doing in office. What he does in office requires the acquiescence and abetting of politicians, news media, and electorate. Not to minimize the evil of domestic abuse or ignore the broad similarities of manipulative behavior (and acquiescence/abetting/enablers), I take the political evil of Trump as a different phenomena from domestic abuse.

• 1Thanks

Sovereignty

SL Rez
Ivana (Ivanka's mother) swore under oath that he raped her. The reason? She had recommended the doctor for his hair plugs and they were painful, so he wanted to hurt her.
Sounds like a psychopath.

My granddaughter hooked [up] with some guy that was abusive. I wouldn't call him psychopathic even though he broke her arm and other things.
ETA: FWIW, that's old history.

Last edited:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Sounds like a psychopath.

My granddaughter hooked [up] with some guy that was abusive. I wouldn't call him psychopathic even though he broke her arm and other things.
ETA: FWIW, that's old history.
I understand the point you are trying to make in that Trump is a psychopath. I do. However, I do not think that discounting domestic abuse is wise. How often, after a gun-toting rampage upon civilians is the offender found to have domestic violence in their history? Uncomfortably, high. Discounting domestic abuse, in terms of them not having suffered any real consequence can and does lead them to wider violence.

Trump's level of depravity isn't just limited to domestic violence, that is true as he now has command over the entire country such that we, in the end, will all be survivors of the extreme psychopathy that he holds.

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your granddaughter.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Sovereignty

SL Rez
I understand the point you are trying to make in that Trump is a psychopath. I do. However, I do not think that discounting domestic abuse is wise. How often, after a gun-toting rampage upon civilians is the offender found to have domestic violence in their history? Uncomfortably, high. Discounting domestic abuse, in terms of them not having suffered any real consequence can and does lead them to wider violence.

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your granddaughter.
I'm not discounting domestic abuse. I'm just distinguishing the domestic aspect of Trump's life from the public one. (Arendt territory.) It may be that Trump has trouble making that distinction because of his narcissism. I'm not sure why the original twitter poster does not make the distinction. My guess would be from living quite close to domestic abuse either professionally or personally.

I do know that abuse in general often arises from issues with anger and impulse control that have nothing to do with narcissism and psychopathy. (I've known angry, abusive people that were anything but narcissistic or psychotic psychopathic.) Portraying Trump as a case of domestic abuse writ large, as the twitter post does, obscures his psychopathy.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I'm not discounting domestic abuse. I'm just distinguishing the domestic aspect of Trump's life from the public one. (Arendt territory.) It may be that Trump has trouble making that distinction because of his narcissism. I'm not sure why the original twitter poster does not make the distinction. My guess would be from living quite close to domestic abuse either professionally or personally.

I do know that abuse in general often arises from issues with anger and impulse control that have nothing to do with narcissism and psychopathy. (I've known angry, abusive people that were anything but narcissistic or psychotic psychopathic.) Portraying Trump as a case of domestic abuse writ large, as the twitter post does, obscures his psychopathy.
How are we to determine those that will go on to become mass murderers? There does seem to be either an inherent switch or one born of a trigger that changes them from your garden variety domestic abuser to mass murdererr.

Me? I think that misogyny and other views of others as lessers is the ultimate component.

We have so many years ahead of us to confront the misogyny inherent in our culture. It is so widespread that we seem to only speak of it in hushed words and far too often approvingly. I'm still absolutely convinced that it played more than a small role in the election of the psychopath. Tacit condonement of misogyny leads to far greater reprisals than one might have ever expected.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
How are we to determine those that will go on to become mass murderers? There does seem to be either an inherent switch or one born of a trigger that changes them from your garden variety domestic abuser to mass murdererr.

Me? I think that misogyny and other views of others as lessers is the ultimate component.

We have so many years ahead of us to confront the misogyny inherent in our culture. It is so widespread that we seem to only speak of it in hushed words and far too often approvingly. I'm still absolutely convinced that it played more than a small role in the election of the psychopath. Tacit condonement of misogyny leads to far greater reprisals than one might have ever expected.
One of my biggest complaints it that women only make progress if we're part of another marginalized group. Like, do not get me wrong, I'm 100% for the BLM movement and ending racial inequality, and I'm 100% for LGBTQI+ rights, with the added benefit of it does kind of effect me, or could, and well I want inequality in society to get bent.

But women are half the population, and we still get treated like dirt. It just gets worse when we're also in another marginlized group. And it feels like we'll get rid of all other inequality and women will still treated like dirt.

And I know that's why HRC lost and we ended up like this; because most men of a certain age in this country couldn't vote for a woman, and well, her emails gave a good excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.