Status
Not open for further replies.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Given some other facepalms I am going to guess that hints at why demon sperm was trending? Oh, the person he took the advice of.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Six months into the pandemic, the United States continues to suffer the worst outbreak of COVID-19 in the developed world. Considerable blame belongs to a federal response that offloaded responsibility for the crucial task of testing to the states. The irony is that, after assembling the team that came up with an aggressive and ambitious national testing plan, Kushner then appears to have decided, for reasons that remain murky, to scrap its proposal.
Jesus Christ.
Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

That logic may have swayed Kushner. “It was very clear that Jared was ultimately the decision maker as to what [plan] was going to come out,” the expert said.
Fucking mass murderers.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

The most painful thing about Trump to me is that he really envies people who are loved. Trump hates people who are loved. Trump hated Obama not just because he made the mistake of being president while black, Trump also hates Obama because he was loved. Trump hates these children of immigrants where the mothers carry their babies from El Salvador, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua and other dangerous places to find safety in America. These mothers love their children. Trump's reaction is to break up the families, to separate the mothers from their babies. It is an attack on children but also an attack on love. When Trump breaks up the families of migrants and refugees he is really saying, "You're going to feel what I felt because my mother was separated from me and I'm going to punish you. I can't stand the fact that I see someone being loved and it's not me. Every time I see someone being loved, it reminds me of what I was missing. It reminds me of my yearnings, which I have to deny always."

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

PaperB

Oops I necro'd again...
SL Rez
How secure is this blacksite?

An whats the rent? (not lindens dammit)

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I could understand stories like this if Trump drank, but as it is, the best explanation seems to be that he really is now pretty much completely unglued.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Just want to say the Intelligence Community is a pack of sniveling cowards.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

It is unclear what power Trump has personally to order a foreign company to sell off part of its business, but there is some precedent. In 2019, the US government forced the Chinese owners of the gay dating app Grindr to cede ownership of the app over similar concerns. But Grindr, at around 4 million active users, was much smaller and perhaps less complicated to legislate.

TikTok was the most-downloaded app in the world as of early 2020 and has overall been downloaded roughly 2bn times.
ETA: The Washington Post suggests how he can, perhaps, do this, though I imagine it's subject to legal challenge and judicial review:

Trump says he plans to bar TikTok from operating in the U.S.

Last edited:

Sovereignty

SL Rez
Not a convincing analogy. I don't see him as a domestic abuser. She's describing manipulative behavior, which is associated with a pantheon of conditions, e.g., plain ole narcissism or psychoopathy which I think both apply to Trump.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Not a convincing analogy. I don't see him as a domestic abuser. She's describing manipulative behavior, which is associated with a pantheon of conditions, e.g., plain ole narcissism or psychoopathy which I think both apply to Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.