#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
End of the disjointed thread:

I realise this isn't the point, but when's this incident with Stalin and the chicken supposed to have taken place?

The story's a new one on me and it doesn't sound like the old monster's style at all -- Stalin didn't have to work at getting people to follow him, after all, since he had the NKVD to see to that.

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
And that dovetails right into the 'gay obama' conspiracy theory... ;)
That's the love that dare not speak its name, I think.

I was thinking of Macbeth:

Second Witch
By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks!
Enter MACBETH

MACBETH

How now, you secret, black, and midnight hags!
What is't you do?
ALL
A deed without a name.

• 1Like
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
I realise this isn't the point, but when's this incident with Stalin and the chicken supposed to have taken place?
It probably did not, the graphic appears to match the graphic in Snopes: Did Stalin Pluck a Live Chicken as a Lesson to His Followers? Just a different size.

I presume the thread author was being cheeky with it, I hesitate to speculate a motive. Most of the links in thread though are things I remember when happening, and clicked a few to refresh myself.

• 1Like
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

I am now more than slightly curious.
It wouldn’t matter. He has killed tens of thousands, the base is fine with it.

Trump is leading in battleground states and I just want to gouge my eyes out.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
What does he think he's doing with all this? Besides stirring his rabid devotees into harassing Obama as punishment for telling it like it is?
Does he really believe the Qanon garbage? Thinks something is going to come of it?

Last edited:

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
What does he think he's doing with all this? Besides stirring his rabid devotees into harassing Obama as punishment for telling it like it is?
Does he really believe the Qanon garbage? Thinks something is going to come of it?
My theory is that he desperately wants a Benghazi/email/anything that he can rally the nuts behind as in 2016, and why not, it worked. If he can hang this on Obama, despite its obvious insanity, he can lay it on Biden, as well, having been a part of the Obama administration.

His supporters don't care about truth or anything else other than their cult worship. Certainly Fox News, OANN and others will give it the time it does not deserve. Watch for "Lock him up" to become a thing.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I think this will replace his "lock her up" mantra from the last elections. Totally irrelevant stuff of course, but his MAGA's will buy it.
"We caught them". Short, mud trowing, easy to memorize, you can shout it out.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez

I am now more than slightly curious.
Howard Stern needs to learn how to play the game - just release the damn tapes... threatening an almost autocrat publicly like this is stupid no matter his intellectual capacities... there will always be people around Trump way smarter than him and ready to do everything for a share in his moneys. That's what kept him afloat till now.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
It wouldn’t matter. He has killed tens of thousands, the base is fine with it.

Trump is leading in battleground states and I just want to gouge my eyes out.
From the number breakdowns that may not last. His areas are leading in corona deaths and Biden areas are taken the situation seriously. The wild card is vote by mail.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Pamela

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
First, don't pretend we haven't heard this story before. That this is what they believe is not news.

The reason why though they voted for him is this they told me: when we vote Democrats what we got is always politicians telling us that we/our ancestors are/were bad, in short making them feel bad about being alive and feeling remorse.
If that's what they think they're hearing, there's definitely some mental issues there.

Might be, the issue is that probably a big percentage of the people voting for Trump are that way.
So what do you want us to do about it? Tell them it's OK to be entitled snowflakes and we're cool with racism?

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
So what do you want us to do about it? Tell them it's OK to be entitled snowflakes and we're cool with racism?
First thing is just to talk to them, listen and don't much else. Just like the black piano player Daryl Davis who converted die hard Ku Klux Klan members just by talking. Daryl Davis: the black musician who converts Ku Klux Klan members

Only if you talk to each other you got still opportunities to change them.

The other thing though must be addressed by politicians, namely getting rid of poverty, bad housing, good and free education for everybody, access to basic health care for everyone and such stuff. When people have a higher standard of living it means that they are less likely going to follow radical politicians any longer.

Then again we are talking here about America, so not going to happen - it is more likely that we are going to see female priests in the roman-catholic church than that. The only one would possibly have done so - Bernie Sanders - is out of the competition. It's more likely that in the next decade the USA are going to break into several pieces, have big riots or something like that then that the social state would be increased again.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
It's only worth talking to people like that to the extent that the conversation advances your political goals, surely?

I mean, there's a clearly a point to supporting outreach in particular communities, by helping your supporters there win their neighbours and work colleagues over to your shared point of view, but I'd need to be persuaded there's a point in to talking to them for the sake of it.

Also, I'm not at all sure how much non-Americans really understand the sort of people who support Trump like that, since while it's probably fair to say that traditional Labour supporters who voted Conservative in December 2019 would, were they US Democrats, have voted for Trump, but the fact is that they're not, and I don't think I understand -- for example -- white working-class Trump supporters in West Virginia any better than most Americans understand traditional Labour voters in places like Mansfield and Bolsover voting Conservative (or UKIP/Brexit Party/Britain First) -- I do understand the Mansfield and Bolsover voters, to an extent, because I'm from that part of the world, and I am certain that their views are not those of many Trump supporters, so I suspect the converse is true.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Ashiri
Status
Not open for further replies.