#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Govi

feral ballerina
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
If we survive Trump, if our government survives Trump, there's going to be considerable curtailment of those emergency powers.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
She wasn't really on Trump's radar before, other than commenting about her campaign beginning in a snowstorm. I suspect we shall see some interesting tweets. I have no idea why she is saying this now...Her campaign isn't really going anywhere, maybe she's trying to generate buzz, but I don't really see this as useful and a bit duplicitous. It may have been more useful immediately following the Inauguration and it's unseemly to be saying it now when McCain cannot respond to it in any way, nor that if he believed it, he took dramatic steps post-election to do something about it (I know it was him that passed the dossier over pre-election). The only evidence that the belief changed McCain was the ACA vote; everything else he rubberstamped, including the tax bill with the same skinny repeal of the ACA that he had down-voted earlier.

John McCain Recited Names Of Dictators During Trump Inaugural, Senator Says

Klobuchar, speaking to a crowd of more than 200 at Jasper’s Winery, said she sat next to McCain, one of Trump’s most outspoken Republican critics, and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) during the inaugural address, which became known for its blunt expression of Trump’s authoritarian populism and invocations of “American carnage.”

“I sat on that stage between Bernie and John McCain, and John McCain kept reciting to me names of dictators during that speech because he knew more than any of us what we were facing as a nation,” she said. “He understood it. He knew because he knew this man more than any of us did.”

Last edited:

Pamela

SL Rez
Joined SLU
This article just seems amazingly well written. It makes the point simply, clearly, convincingly, and makes you appreciate how it may take more than a few economic disasters to change minds.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
The Buttigieg response is quite a contrast with the Republicans. Says it all.

Then people ask why someone they have never heard of leapt to the top 3 among progressives. It is hard to tell right now if Pete, Warren, or Bernie will end up with the progressive vote, and the other two have WAY more national level stuff they can point to.

Eunoli

Warren/Pete in either order please.
I love Warren, but I don't think Pete is ready for the first chair yet. He has no large-scale executive experience. He's super smart and super likable, but I think he needs some national (or at least state) level and foreign policy experience before he takes the big chair. I also think that both of them are going to be easy targets for the foreign influence campaigns that are about to happen as the same people who love trump because they hate immigrants and non-Christians will believe pretty much any ugly rumor spread about them.

I want a progressive president. But, I think what we need right now is a fairly bulletproof candidate - and one that is willing to talk a /lot/ about jobs (though talking about them in the context of new, green jobs is probably a lot better than the old fashioned way). I'm not sure Biden is that guy, but I think he's more that guy than most in the race so far.

I'm very interested in Michael Bennet. He's solid and left/center. He wins and is very liked in a purple state. He has practically declared war on gerrymandering and the Freedom Caucus. He's got the kind of calm, unassuming demeanor that I think the whole country is craving. And I think he'd be a hard man to target the way Biden is a bit too easy. Trump will call him "low-energy" and to be honest, I think the country will scream back "GOOD". We're all tired and damn worried.

Michael Bennet knows what's wrong with the country

I'm also huge for Jay Inslee, just because I live in his neck of the woods. He's done a great job as governor of Washington State and he's got it 10000% right that this country needs to become all about climate change, and very, very soon. He also seems fairly bulletproof.

Eunoli

By the way, I get why people are disagreeing with my post about choosing someone "who can win" over my heart's desire for a candidate. I just disagree based on my real concerns that if we lose this election we never get another chance. I personally think democracy in America is in terrible danger and almost anything necessary to save it is important - including choosing someone who has large scale appeal to crossover voters over someone I like better. I get that not everyone agrees with me that things are so dire.

Pamela

SL Rez
Joined SLU
democracy in America is in terrible danger and almost anything necessary to save it is important - including choosing someone who has large scale appeal to crossover voters over someone I like better.
I could not agree more. I don’t feel like I have the luxury of supporting the candidate I like best. This is about survival.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
I could not agree more. I don’t feel like I have the luxury of supporting the candidate I like best. This is about survival.
It frustrates and disgusts me that we have come to the point where we cannot have the candidate we want because we have to nominate the one who is most bulletproof against Trump instead. I mean, Trump is polling at around 40 percent favorability among Americans at best; yet, somehow, a successful re-election is a very real possibility! How the hell did this happen?