#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Ours is Gay Kimball Library Troy NH – Working hard to make your life better! , it was founded 10 years after the town. Not the largest (2.5 floors) but pretty good when your population is 2,000. Not to mention things like the ability to get things from various other libraries.

In college though ..... wow! Have you BEEN in the UNH-Durham library?

I haven't but if I ever get back that way now I want to visit!

I will have to look them up online and see what they might have virtually.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Hello America.. how ya doin?
Considering a lot of people were making serious research into moving to other countries in 2016 either ...

More that just the 'I am moving to Canada' numbers one side or the other ALWAYS says after a presidential election as well.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I haven't but if I ever get back that way now I want to visit!

I will have to look them up online and see what they might have virtually.
The pics I am seeing online of the main library do not give a good sense of scale. Especially since in is built on a hill so part of it you would not see from a head-on view from the front. So look for a variety of pics, especially ones that have something that gives a sense of proportion and/or are from an angle.

I am not sure what the new physics library looks like as the whole physics building was rebuilt a few years ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Umm huh?

Even if he did not have all the facts why the hell would the injury count be 230,000 times less than the death count (and presumably have a value less than the margin of error of the latter). It is not even like there was a typo or something, it looks like he added an extra word to a number. Maybe he is thinking making anything more is always better?

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-sues-in-bid-to-block-congressional-subpoena-of-financial-records/2019/04/22/a98de3d0-6500-11e9-82ba-fcfeff232e8f_story.html?utm_term=.41ca5a9077ea

President Trump sued his own accounting firm and the Democratic chairman of the House Oversight Committee at the same time on Monday — trying an unusual tactic to stop the firm from giving the committee details about Trump’s past financial dealings
Of course. He's gotten away with everything his entire life and one method of doing that has been lawsuits. He really, really doesn't want us to follow the money.

Next thing he'll be saying is that Congress doesn't have the power to impeach, either.

ETA: Didn't have to wait long. No, you're the puppet and you cannot touch me tweet by traitor:

"Only high crimes and misdemeanors can lead to impeachment," Mr Trump tweeted on Monday morning. "There were no crimes by me (No Collusion, No Obstruction), so you can’t impeach. "It was the Democrats that committed the crimes, not your Republican President! Tables are finally turning on the Witch Hunt!"

Last edited:

Eunoli

I'd go a little further to say that for some time I've been wondering if we will even have anything remotely close to a free and fair election this time. We certainly aren't doing a damn thing to protect our systems and lots of foreign actors with an investment in orange are gearing up for it. I'm not sure anything short of massive, comprehensive protests across the country could help now, and Americans are content to just be outraged on Twitter. Going out is just too much work for most after the last two exhausting years.

As to Trump, if things don't go his way and he /does/lose, he will claim "rigged" elections and do everything he can to stay in there. It will cause another constitutional crisis, but the thing is - by now he has so many Republicans under his thumb that they will likely be willing to just allow him to kill our democracy if it means they can maintain power, give everyone guns and increase the wealth gap to the point where all the futuristic urban distopia stories come true.

Last edited:

Govi

feral ballerina
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It seems that the question is the degree to which Trump is committed to using his base of users of Trump's Famous Anti-Immigrant Snake Oil and Universal Curative Elixir to achieve further gratification of his ego. He seems fully committed and thus would be quite prepared to send them into the streets and registrars of voters armed with their precious guns, to enforce his "judgement" that his loss in an election is fraudulent. After he loses, he'll have most of November, all of December, and most of January in which to stew about it, so anything could and will happen in that vulnerable period.

Will his direct staff have the integrity to say, "No, sir, you are no longer the president," when the time comes? We'll see.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
I'd go a little further to say that for some time I've been wondering if we will even have anything remotely close to a free and fair election this time. We certainly aren't doing a damn thing to protect our systems and lots of foreign actors with an investment in orange are gearing up for it. I'm not sure anything short of massive, comprehensive protests across the country could help now, and Americans are content to just be outraged on Twitter. Going out is just too much work for most after the last two exhausting years.

As to Trump, if things don't go his way and he /does/lose, he will claim "rigged" elections and do everything he can to stay in there. It will cause another constitutional crisis, but the thing is - by now he has so many Republicans under his thumb that they will likely be willing to just allow him to kill our democracy if it means they can maintain power, give everyone guns and increase the wealth gap to the point where all the futuristic urban distopia stories come true.
I would like to think that, if Trump loses the next election and refuses to step down, there would be a massive public outcry so large even die-hard Republicans can't ignore it.

I'd like to think so, anyway.

Tove

The problem with that twitter thread is that we have a shit ton of protections against such things happening. This isn't to say that the Moron-in-Chief won't try something, but he can sit on his ugly nasty ass in the oval office all day long and chain himself to the desk even and he won't be allowed to stay forever. He doesn't have to concede the election nor does the new president have to actually be sworn in for Trump to no longer be the legal current president of the United States. She also compares him strolling into an award presentation and taking the seat of the highest donor while not having contributed a single penny himself to the charity without anyone saying boo to him, but that's a far cry from refusing to relinquish the office of president and not be challenged and successfully removed from the premises.

This is not to say that Trump definitely won't try to pull some desperate attempt at staying in office, but I can't see any way that he'd be allowed to succeed in avoiding due justice in light of the report and many other factors.

Bill Maher's been saying this for a long time.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I don't think we have to worry about Trump "not stepping down". On Inauguration Day once the new person is sworn in he's simply not the president anymore. He can't stop it from happening because he doesn't have to authorize it; the Inauguration just happens automatically. It doesn't matter where he is, or what he thinks about it. He can barricade himself in the Oval Office and he still won't be the president anymore, he'll just be some shmuck and then the Secret Service can carry him out.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Trump might fluster and bluster all November and December about election fraud and investigations if he loses but in January he'll just leave without incident. He doesn't actually want to be president - he never did.

Eunoli

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Trump might fluster and bluster all November and December about election fraud and investigations if he loses but in January he'll just leave without incident. He doesn't actually want to be president - he never did.
Assuming he loses (and I think that's a rather big assumption) - he is looking at almost immediate indictments on multiple fronts. I personally think there is no limit to what he would do to avoid facing the consequences of his own actions.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I don't think we have to worry about Trump "not stepping down". On Inauguration Day once the new person is sworn in he's simply not the president anymore. He can't stop it from happening because he doesn't have to authorize it; the Inauguration just happens automatically. It doesn't matter where he is, or what he thinks about it. He can barricade himself in the Oval Office and he still won't be the president anymore, he'll just be some shmuck and then the Secret Service can carry him out.

I think the much larger problem is that we won't even face this possibility due to Russian assistance - possible hacking, voter disenfrancisement and election fraud.

I disagree that he doesn't want to be president. I believe that to be true until such point as he learned just how much money he can funnel to his companies. THAT isn't something he wants to give up. There is always his narcissism to take into account in that every day he gets a rush by holding the position, earned or not.

Tigar

🐯 De Most Inappropriate Tigar 🐯
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts
I don't think we have to worry about Trump "not stepping down". [snip] He can barricade himself in the Oval Office and he still won't be the president anymore, he'll just be some shmuck and then the Secret Service can carry him out.
Assuming he does lose the election 🗳, (oh please, oh please!), and he does refuse to vacate the premises, I really hope and believe that the Secret Service will remember their oath to the Constitution, and toss that orange tinted turd into the Washington Monument Reflecting Pool

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I am guessing if he loses (or if not, when his second term ends, or if impeachment or the 25th) he will refuse to step down. Legal or not. He might not legally be president but his ego will not let him admit someone else is. Yes, he would pretty much be like any crazy guy then as he would have no right to say he still held the job and may or may not be kept out of the WH. The question is what his flock will do. Will it be another civil war?

The irony is him and his party wanted to put an asterisk of some sort next to Obama's name but they failed and donny is getting several of his own. Including quite likely the only former president not to peacefully transition power to the next person.