#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Jopsy Pendragon

"Indict" should rhyme with "verdict", dammit.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It's a shame we no longer have the ability to run polls here, as we did in SLU.

Should diehard Trump supporters be rounded up by UN troops and detained in FEMA concentration camps in disused Walmarts?
Yes
Maybe
Pie
If settle for them being denied access to Murdock media and right wing radio/podcasts. And make Maddow, Colbert, Trevor Noah, John Oliver mandatory.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I think it was Maddow or ODonnell who implied last night what I have been thinking — they will come for journalists next. And I don’t mean Sean Hannity.

According to Masha Gesson and Jason Somebody, experts in how democracies become totalitarian, that’s the playbook.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
I think it was Maddow or ODonnell who implied last night what I have been thinking — they will come for journalists next. And I don’t mean Sean Hannity.

According to Masha Gesson and Jason Somebody, experts in how democracies become totalitarian, that’s the playbook.
Senators should just keep in mind to have someone left to defend them when they finally come for them. But given US education standards ... they will never have heared the famous quote by Martin Niemöller.

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Here's an interesting piece from a woman, who is a 20+ years Democrats voter and active member of the local knitting community. She thinks that the Democrats are so out of touch with reality that they are unable to win at all. Since the knitting community was being targeted by SJW, she left her comfort zone and wanted to know what the Republicans are all about.

Democrats have an ass-kicking coming to them in November, and I think most of them will be utterly shocked when it happens.

Fast-forward to the New Hampshire primary, and we have all the politicians running around the state making their case. I’ve seen almost every Democratic candidate in person and noticed that their messages were almost universally one of doom and gloom, not only focusing on the obvious disagreements with Donald Trump, but also making sure to emphasize that the country is a horribly racist place.

I had attended an event with all the Democratic contenders just two days prior in exactly the same arena, and the contrast was stark. First, Trump completely filled the arena all the way up to the top. Even with every major Democratic candidate in attendance the other night, and the campaigns giving away free tickets, the Democrats did not do that. With Trump, every single person was unified around a singular goal. With the Democrats, the audience booed over candidates they didn’t like and got into literal shouting matches with each other. With Trump, there was a genuinely optimistic view of the future. With the Democrats, it was doom and gloom. With Trump, there was a genuine feeling of pride of being an American. With the Democrats, they emphasized that the country was a racist place from top to bottom.

On why Trump is winning: Now, Trump is always going to present the best case he can. And yes, he lies. This is provable. But the strength of this rally wasn’t about the facts and figures. It was a group of people who felt like they had someone in their corner, who would fight for them. Some people say, “Well, obviously they’re having a great time. They’re in a cult.” I don’t think that’s true. The reality is that many people I spoke to do disagree with Trump on things. They don’t always like his attitude. They wish he wouldn’t tweet so much. People who are in cults don’t question their leaders. The people I spoke with did, but the pros in their eyes far outweighed the cons. They don’t love him because they think he’s perfect. They love him despite his flaws, because they believe he has their back.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Please note: we are not sailing towards the iceberg. We are not sailing past it.

We have hit the iceberg and THE SHIP IS GOING DOWN.

Here's the text of the Masha Gessen article from which she reads, rescued from behind the NYRB paywall