Not open for further replies.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Hey guys look what I found.

Any ideas for what I could do with it? (Nothing too violent, I don't want the FBI to come knocking.)
Build a WH playpen around it?

• 1LOL
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Tracer

I fixed the certificate, but it seems that image is still being served as http rather than https.
This one shouldn't give a warning.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
I'm no fan of the fascist clown that's currently occupying the Oval Office and will probably be the first to laugh when he chokes to death on a hamburger, but this "will no one ride me of that turbulent priest" stuff wasn't funny when Obama was president, and it isn't funny now.

That's exactly the kind of mafia talk Trump is doing, so let's stay away from this kind of needlessly ambiguous language, okay?

• 1RuPaul
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
That accounts for the florid description, what was it? "Dancing with the sunset and the wind" or some such. As if the fat orange git could do anything but lumber about (when he's not on his golf cart).
The dude might've actually thought donnie looked good there.
Since people on Twitter Serv to think it was a troll, though, his job might not be so secure anymore.
The White House has an actual "Chief Official White House Photographer" whose duty it is to document the day-to-day duties of the president.

Under Obama, the position was filled by Peter Souza, who had been covering Obama since 2005. Souza and his team produced thousands of pictures each day during Obama's two terms. Souza is a professional with a career that spans decades - he was a White House photographer under Reagan, covered the war in Afghanistan and taught photojournalism at Ohio University. Some of his photographs have become iconic, like the famous "Situation Room" picture.

Trump on he other hand had trouble filling this position until he hired Shealah Craighead, former photographer of Laura Bush and Sarah Palin. She's one of only four official photographers employed by the Trump administration.

When a picture like this is released, it seems emblematic of the general lack of control and talent under Trump.

I think Trump's supporters tend to operate on the same level of competence, which helps to explain why they're so attached to him.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Hey guys look what I found.

Any ideas for what I could do with it? (Nothing too violent, I don't want the FBI to come knocking.)
Well, technically modeling content on living persons is against LL TOS if done against their will. AFAIK there are no formulated exception for satire. So if a Trumpette feels irritated enough they might AR you and depending on what LL employee is tasked with handling ARs that day you might get sanctioned or not. Not worth risking you account IMHO.

• 1Thanks

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
Well, technically modeling content on living persons is against LL TOS if done against their will. AFAIK there are no formulated exception for satire. So if a Trumpette feels irritated enough they might AR you and depending on what LL employee is tasked with handling ARs that day you might get sanctioned or not. Not worth risking you account IMHO.
These guys risked jobs, and financial security, and maybe worse:

But good point, could upload those on a dummy account and distribute the files on some share site. Lord knows the most questionable scripts I made were originally from the Library.

• 1Agree

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
  • 1Agree

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Well, technically modeling content on living persons is against LL TOS if done against their will.
This model appears to be based on a well documented protest balloon, not a living person. You might still get kicked if the Linden employee who see it is particularly poorly informed, but it shouldn't be actually against the TOS.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
This model appears to be based on a well documented protest balloon, not a living person. You might still get kicked if the Linden employee who see it is particularly poorly informed, but it shouldn't be actually against the TOS.
It would be a shame if somehow it replicated itself and started flying around the roads of the Mainland while also being copy and transfer (I’d use an untraceable account for that).

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Can you still make unlimited self-rep objects, I thought the changes made to llGiveInventory had pretty much broken self-rep.

• 1Agree

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Maybe the snake parable applies, just not in the way T-Rump thinks it does.

Vote for a snake, it's gonna bite people.

Looks like his base is mostly sketchy white people. Surprise.
His base is mostly people who hate people and want them to hurt.
They don't necessarily have a very realistic idea of their chosen enemies. Cult 45 on Twitter all seem to think they're trolling the crying woman in the meme. That's their idea of a liberal. They also think all liberals need "safe spaces", worship Obama and the Clintons the way they do Rump, and are "snowflakes". They think all their childish memes make liberal heads explode. And their other favorite enemies, immigrants and POC, well, they believe every hoary negative stereotype out there.
When he shut down the government they complained "he's not hurting the right people". They'll probably say the same when any of his policies affect them.

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
His base is mostly people who hate people and want them to hurt.
They don't necessarily have a very realistic idea of their chosen enemies. Cult 45 on Twitter all seem to think they're trolling the crying woman in the meme. That's their idea of a liberal. They also think all liberals need "safe spaces", worship Obama and the Clintons the way they do Rump, and are "snowflakes". They think all their childish memes make liberal heads explode. And their other favorite enemies, immigrants and POC, well, they believe every hoary negative stereotype out there.
When he shut down the government they complained "he's not hurting the right people". They'll probably say the same when any of his policies affect them.
The *snowflake* meme is especially ironic from a group of people that's chronically triggered.

Status
Not open for further replies.