#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Trump wants to build stuff faster with less bureaucracy, so can we expect him to dismantle environmental laws/protection in place?

• 1Facepalm
Reactions: Govi

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Trump wants to build stuff faster with less bureaucracy, so can we expect him to dismantle environmental laws/protection in place?

Of course they’ll have trouble finding funding after the last big tax cut. Possibly there will be a show project, funded with diverted funds like the wall.

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
Are those a traditional Japanese dish or a Japanese interpretation of pancakes/pikelets/whatever?
we call them hotcakes but theyre a fluffier, thicker ver of pikelets. There are even more extreme versions of .. but this is the common make at home mix ver.
Recently whipping the eggwhites up to make a soufflé ver of this has become quite popular.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
we call them hotcakes but theyre a fluffier, thicker ver of pikelets. There are even more extreme versions of .. but this is the common make at home mix ver.
Recently whipping the eggwhites up to make a soufflé ver of this has become quite popular.
That looks really good. I wonder if it would work with cornbread pancake mix. Then drown in honey.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Mean, but not a lie

At a retirement planning meeting at work the finance company reps pointed out most americans do not own stocks outright. Rather they have 401ks and 403bs.

The example used was apple stocks (which I own). I laughed and afterwards just had to go tell them I was said rare person.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I wonder if anyone ever responds to that by asking them who their investment counselor/financial adviser is?
Strange times, indeed. Most of the people in my office despise Trump, even though personally we're all doing quite well financially in the Trump economy. 2019 was another banner year for our company, with very generous raises handed out for the new year. Meanwhile, the Trump supporters that I know are not doing nearly so well.

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Trump is about to ruin yet another American institution.

Is anyone surprised? Rs have been trying to kill it for a long time. The fact that they have not been able to, despite now having things like decades of having fully funded retirements for their workers, speaks to how strong the USPS is.

Sredni Eel

In Space, no one can hear you Cha Cha Cha!
You have to be dead to be put on a stamp. At least I thought you did. So wishful thinking...is he actually dead now?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Looks like even the British government no longer considers the US a particularly reliable military ally.

Almost certainly a prudent and realistic assessment of reality but it's still quite a shock to see it acknowledged:

Times interview here.
In the most pointed comments by a minister about the Trump administration, Wallace said: “Over the last year we’ve had the US pullout from Syria, the statement by Donald Trump on Iraq where he said Nato should take over and do more in the Middle East. The assumptions of 2010 that we were always going to be part of a US coalition is really just not where we are going to be.

“We are very dependent on American air cover and American intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets. We need to diversify our assets.”