#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
If we begin to face attacks from ISIS again due to the release of leaders who were imprisoned in Syria, McConnell and the Republicans know they are not only going to lose all credibility as the party of 'national security', but that they may well lose the senate. I think that they are very serious about a Syria resolution - but not at all serious about holding Trump accountable.
ISIS/ISIL (or rather Daesh) used to be "Al-Qaeda in Iraq".

One reason why the Republicans embraced the name change was because that way, they could pretend that Obama was responsible for the rise of ISIS when in fact it was the result of the disastrous decisions made by the previous, Republican administration - most of all, the disbanding of the Iraqi military.

When this group regains its footing, expect Trump and his accomplices at Fox News to attempt a similar rebranding. I suspect they will refrain from naming them as long as possible, but they'll eventually pick a random splinter group and present them as the new face of the enemy while downplaying the threat they are posing. If a Democratic candidate then wins the next election, they'll crank the rhetoric all the way up to eleven to make terrorism look like a Democratic problem.

Last edited:

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Frozen II is coming out November 22nd, and it will incorporate a massive amount of Sami culture. And here I thought the original was a massive cultural touchpoint for me - now I may never leave the theater (My Norwegian half is actually Sami).

Still don't know why it's in this thread, so I'll not say anything else on it.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts