Joined SLU
October 2009

Govi

feral ballerina
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I think it has to be a declared war in order to be treason?
Since the current wars are governed by the War Powers Act and other acts of Congress regarding current wars, we are in declared wars. Certainly whether any recent (this century) courts martial have used a phrase in the indictment like "the United States then being in a state of war" would be the clincher.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
The Kurds in Syria just now became allies of Assad after America pulled out; they are trading in their self governance for survival.

Last edited:

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Matt Taibi is back and arguing that America is living under a permanent coup orchestrated by its intelligence agencies; and that while Trump is a bad president the predicament of living in a country where you don't know where the president will be by nightfall is far worse.

They've been relaying stuff since Trump's inauguration about him and never stopped doing so by proxies, which is a big schism between the White House and the agencies, a great insubordination.

I don’t believe most Americans have thought through what a successful campaign to oust Donald Trump would look like. Most casual news consumers can only think of it in terms of Mike Pence becoming president. The real problem would be the precedent of a de facto intelligence community veto over elections, using the lunatic spookworld brand of politics that has dominated the last three years of anti-Trump agitation.

CIA/FBI-backed impeachment could also be a self-fulfilling prophecy. If Donald Trump thinks he’s going to be jailed upon leaving office, he’ll sooner or later figure out that his only real move is to start acting like the “dictator” MSNBC and CNN keep insisting he is. Why give up the White House and wait to be arrested, when he still has theoretical authority to send Special Forces troops rappelling through the windows of every last Russiagate/Ukrainegate leaker? That would be the endgame in a third world country, and it’s where we’re headed, unless someone calls off this craziness. Welcome to the Permanent Power Struggle.

Last edited:

Romana

SL Rez
Donald Trump and the indicted Ukraine meddler who worked with Giuliani and illegally gave money to US political campaigns. Trump claims he doesn't know the guy:

If he does have dementia he may
Matt Taibi is back and arguing that America is living under a permanent coup orchestrated by its intelligence agencies; and that while Trump is a bad president the predicament of living in a country where you don't know where the president will be by nightfall is far worse.

They've been relaying stuff since Trump's inauguration about him and never stopped doing so by proxies, which is a big schism between the White House and the agencies, a great insubordination.

I don’t believe most Americans have thought through what a successful campaign to oust Donald Trump would look like. Most casual news consumers can only think of it in terms of Mike Pence becoming president. The real problem would be the precedent of a de facto intelligence community veto over elections, using the lunatic spookworld brand of politics that has dominated the last three years of anti-Trump agitation.

CIA/FBI-backed impeachment could also be a self-fulfilling prophecy. If Donald Trump thinks he’s going to be jailed upon leaving office, he’ll sooner or later figure out that his only real move is to start acting like the “dictator” MSNBC and CNN keep insisting he is. Why give up the White House and wait to be arrested, when he still has theoretical authority to send Special Forces troops rappelling through the windows of every last Russiagate/Ukrainegate leaker? That would be the endgame in a third world country, and it’s where we’re headed, unless someone calls off this craziness. Welcome to the Permanent Power Struggle.

But why didn't Nixon "send special forces rappelling through" people's windows? He are was paranoid enough. Are we sure donnie can make this happen? Would the special forces obey him? Taibbi may be skeptical of donnie's campaign against the military, but he sure hasn't shown any real regard for them, rather the opposite. He thinks nothing of riisking their lives to distract from his crimes, and he's pulling money from veterans' services for his precious Wall.
Finally, he is so awful that I can't help thinking that any functioning adult, as they say, would be better, whether the intelligence agencies have anything to do with it or not.
He is exhausting.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

The subject video is making its rounds through Facebook and Twitter. I'm not going to repost it here.
Seriously the work of demented minds. These are his supporters. He, nor his campaign, can disavow them. He inspires them with his rhetoric. He inspires mass murder, as well, as we know from El Paso. Deplorables, indeed. WTF is YouTube doing hosting such a video?

Mr. Trump stops in the middle of the church, pulls a gun out of his suit jacket pocket and begins a graphic rampage. As the parishioners try to flee, the president fires at them. He shoots Black Lives Matter in the head, and also shoots Vice News.

Some of those in the church try to apprehend Mr. Trump. He fends them off and makes his way toward the altar, knocking over several pews. He wrestles a parishioner with a Vice News logo as a face to the ground and then shoots the person at point blank range. In the background, the former F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, is seen trying to get away.

From there, Mr. Trump attacks a range of his critics. He strikes the late Arizona senator John McCain in the back of the neck. He hits the television personality Rosie O’Donnell in the face and then stabs her in the head. He strikes Representative Maxine Waters, Democrat of California. He lights the head of Senator Bernie Sanders, a Democratic presidential rival, on fire.

He takes Senator Mitt Romney, Republican of Utah, hostage before throwing him to the ground. Then he strikes former President Barack Obama in the back and throws him against a wall.

Others shown in the video include Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC; former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton; former President Bill Clinton; the film producer Harvey Weinstein; and Representative Adam B. Schiff, the California Democrat who as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee is overseeing an impeachment inquiry of Mr. Trump.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts

Checks and balances are not a coup.

I’m not clear on what he’s arguing for here, lack of oversight? That’s not how it works. Every President is, and should be, on a hot seat.

Impeachment is also not a coup. It’s a Constitutional mechanism.

Shady electronic voting machines, Dominionist attacks on diversity and flouting the rule of law *are* the stuff of a coup.

Next we’ll be hearing again about how Mueller was a traitor.

Oversight is not a coup.

Romana

SL Rez
Seriously the work of demented minds. These are his supporters. He, nor his campaign, can disavow them. He inspires them with his rhetoric. He inspires mass murder, as well, as we know from El Paso. Deplorables, indeed. WTF is YouTube doing hosting such a video?
He sure can't disavow them after he shows this at his resort. Well, he could put it all on Junior and maybe SHS. But as I understand it the current arguments are
1) lighten up, it's just a meme, and
2) the original film showed a massacre in a church, ZOMG11!!1! anti-Christian, where was your outrage at that? Of course it wouldn't do any good to tell them that the film is based on a comic series, none of the characters actually exist, including the church, which was a parody of Westboro, which isn't actually a church anyway. Not that people aren't trying, but Cult 45 don't listen at the best of times, and more so if they can play the Christan victim card.

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Actually no, we just got sent a warmongering cretin by the US instead - ... but your nation's executive claims it is an ambassador anyways ... so I guess it is supposed to be one 😾
Well, most countries do not even get that.

Romana

SL Rez
I've been looking without success for the book of Yiddish insults I once found that had really creative ones, but i have found some pretty good ones online. However, if anyone looked up the meaning of "a meesa mashee af deer, alter trombenik" I might get a visit from the FBI (it translates into wishing the old blowhard a horrible death).

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Myradyl Muse

Mermaid Myradyl Muse
SL Rez
Checks and balances are not a coup.

I’m not clear on what he’s arguing for here, lack of oversight? That’s not how it works. Every President is, and should be, on a hot seat.

Impeachment is also not a coup. It’s a Constitutional mechanism.

Shady electronic voting machines, Dominionist attacks on diversity and flouting the rule of law *are* the stuff of a coup.

Next we’ll be hearing again about how Mueller was a traitor.

Oversight is not a coup.
QFT - so so much this. These Cast Aspersions/blame the victim instigators are straight out of 1984 and Nazism.