#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Is it my imagination, or is this 45 rant even more bizarre and incoherent than usual?
Err, I have never heard 'political' used to describe looks before. Is this some new feature of the word I was hitherto unaware of?

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
Futurama was also released in 1999, so the question is who inspired whom on the brains in a jar.
After Adolf Hitler was defeated by Hellboy, his brain was salvaged by Nazi scientists. They put it into the head of a Gorilla. As the time passed, he forgot his true identity and joined the Vicious Circle under the name Brainiape.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
After Adolf Hitler was defeated by Hellboy, his brain was salvaged by Nazi scientists. They put it into the head of a Gorilla. As the time passed, he forgot his true identity and joined the Vicious Circle under the name Brainiape.

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Trump says energy-efficient light bulbs make him "look orange," complains about how expensive they are

Of course they're expensive! Do you know what it takes to make him look THAT orange?
But in all seriousness, they're really not all that expensive, at least not for basic LED bulbs. I mean, sure, it'll probably cost you about 20-30 bucks to replace every bulb in your house with one. But once you do, you'll likely move somewhere else before you'll have to replace more than a couple of them. And Trump is the last person to have the right to complain about how expensive something is.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Trump says energy-efficient light bulbs make him "look orange," complains about how expensive they are

Of course they're expensive! Do you know what it takes to make him look THAT orange?
I am in the process of changing out a bank of incandescent light bulbs with daylight LED ones right now. Want to guess which ones are yellower? Want to guess which ones are brighter and look nicer? Actually they are SO bright I am debating if I will replace the final bulbs or not.

The cost was not terrible and I am guessing will be much cheeper in a few years, especially if you look at it per year and the cost of the electricity.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
But in all seriousness, they're really not all that expensive, at least not for basic LED bulbs. I mean, sure, it'll probably cost you about 20-30 bucks to replace every bulb in your house with one. But once you do, you'll likely move somewhere else before you'll have to replace more than a couple of them. And Trump is the last person to have the right to complain about how expensive something is.
Yes, I am replacing incandescents and CFCLs as they die with LEDs. There are a few fluorescent bulbs that will not be replaced, but they are in odd shapes and maintained by the building.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Yes, I am replacing incandescents and CFCLs as they die with LEDs. There are a few fluorescent bulbs that will not be replaced, but they are in odd shapes and maintained by the building.
When we moved into our current apartment, all of the light fixtures had incandescent bulbs (my unit is pre-remodel; the remodeled units are using various fluorescent fixtures). I bought about 30 dollars worth of soft-white LED bulbs and replaced them all. The drop in our daily electrical usage was significant, and I think these bulbs have paid for themselves within a year. And I've only had to replace one that failed in the two years we've been here.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Again - Trump doesn't "have to" step down; the new president is sworn in by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and the current president has absolutely nothing to do with it and can't stop it from happening. He doesn't have to approve, or be present, or give permission - nothing. He does not have to "accept" the result of the election - it doesn't require his acceptance, his opinion has no role and carries no weight. I think the worst an obstinate Trump could actually do is refuse to congratulate the winner, refuse to meet them at the White House prior to the inauguration, refuse to allow the transition team access to the White House before the turnover, and refuse to be present at the inauguration ceremony itself. That's about it, and none of these things even matters.

If the idea is that Trump will refuse to leave the White House itself, like physically, well guess what - once the new president is sworn in, the military and the Secret Service aren't at his beck and call anymore, they're at the new president's. And the Secret Service will simply evict him.

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Tigar and Brenda Archer

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Again - Trump doesn't "have to" step down; the new president is sworn in by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court .
Even that is not required. Any federal judge can administer the Oath of Office, as happened with Johnson after Kennedy was shot. The constitutionally required steps are the Electoral College, and taking the Oath of Office. The other trappings are nice to have, but not necessary.

• 1Thanks

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
Again - Trump doesn't "have to" step down; the new president is sworn in by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and the current president has absolutely nothing to do with it and can't stop it from happening. He doesn't have to approve, or be present, or give permission - nothing. He does not have to "accept" the result of the election - it doesn't require his acceptance, his opinion has no role and carries no weight. I think the worst an obstinate Trump could actually do is refuse to congratulate the winner, refuse to meet them at the White House prior to the inauguration, refuse to allow the transition team access to the White House before the turnover, and refuse to be present at the inauguration ceremony itself. That's about it, and none of these things even matters.

If the idea is that Trump will refuse to leave the White House itself, like physically, well guess what - once the new president is sworn in, the military and the Secret Service aren't at his beck and call anymore, they're at the new president's. And the Secret Service will simply evict him.
This is also where you discover who the military sides with.

• 1Agree