#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
If EVERYBODY who is fed up with Trump goes out to vote, almost EVERY single state will color blue next election.

But that will not happen because of commercials will run on tv, the red white balloons that will fall down at the national conventions, nor what major people in politics will say in the talk shows.
People have to be convinced to go out and vote. And that means: Field work, bloody fieldwork. Going from door to door, talk to neighbors,
Support local actions with your presents. Hand out leaflets in parking lots, Helping people to register, helping people to actually go to the polling station.

All kind of excuses to stay home, and do nothing but grumbling on the good old Interwebs and open another soda, are easily made.
NO! NO! NO!

Like I said, you do not understand how our system works. You could get everyone that does not like donnie in, say, california to vote against him and it will not change the outcome of the election one tiny bit. This is something always get wrong.

The popular vote means nothing. Because of the electoral college it works out there are only a few states that actually decide an election.

That is only part of the problem with the electoral college, also your voting power depends on where you live.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I do think the whozit in the White House needs to go on a registry. Which one I don't know, but ... something. And he'll need warning labels. Lots of them.
Can he go on several of them? I would find it amusing for him to have to introduce himself as a sex offender all over downtown DC. Then to escape him people would just need to get on a plane somewhere.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Sid

Today's good mood is sponsored by coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
NO! NO! NO!

Like I said, you do not understand how our system works. You could get everyone that does not like donnie in, say, california to vote against him and it will not change the outcome of the election one tiny bit. This is something always get wrong.

The popular vote means nothing. Because of the electoral college it works out there are only a few states that actually decide an election.

That is only part of the problem with the electoral college, also your voting power depends on where you live.
Hey, I know how the American presidential elections work. These elections aren't exactly 5 second topics just before the sport news in the news shows over here, and I've been around in PRS long enough.

One more try:
Possibility 1: You live in a blue state: Go out and make sure it stays blue and doesn't get anywhere near a swing state.
Possibility 2: You live in a swing state: go out and make sure it swings to the blue side.
Possibility 3: You live in a red state: Go out and make sure that it turns blue, even if it is only this time.
Possiblility 4: You live in Washington DC: Lean back, have another soda and relax.

If you (general you) think nothing can and will change no matter what and you act accordingly, nothing will change.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
This affair has been pretty much dismissed as just another one of Trumps lunatic episodes, but it actually reveals that he accepts climate change when it suits him - because the main reason why he would be interested in Greenland is because he believes that global warming will open up new shipping lanes in the polar region and because of the natural resources that are currently buried under the ice sheet, but will be revealed once the ice is gone.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Hey, I know how the American presidential elections work. These elections aren't exactly 5 second topics just before the sport news in the news shows over here, and I've been around in PRS long enough.

One more try:
Possibility 1: You live in a blue state: Go out and make sure it stays blue and doesn't get anywhere near a swing state.
Possibility 2: You live in a swing state: go out and make sure it swings to the blue side.
Possibility 3: You live in a red state: Go out and make sure that it turns blue, even if it is only this time.
Possiblility 4: You live in Washington DC: Lean back, have another soda and relax.

If you (general you) think nothing can and will change no matter what and you act accordingly, nothing will change.
Me. Number 4. What you were saying before is I should beat the drums even louder to get donnie out of public housing here.

• 1Like

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
This affair has been pretty much dismissed as just another one of Trumps lunatic episodes, but it actually reveals that he accepts climate change when it suits him - because the main reason why he would be interested in Greenland is because he believes that global warming will open up new shipping lanes in the polar region and because of the natural resources that are currently buried under the ice sheet, but will be revealed once the ice is gone.
Of course he does (or at least people preparing and submitting documents on his behalf do), at least when there's money involved:

• 1Agree

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
White supremacist charged with threatening to shoot up Jewish community center

This must be one of those "very fine people" that attended the Charlottesville nazi get-together. Yet, just yesterday Trump again reiterated a call to denine Antifa as a terrorist organization as some other "very fine people" were set to descend upon Portland. He also says that Reps. Omar and Tlalib are the ones that hate jewish folks.

Trump takes a lot of heat and rightfully so for enabling and defending white nationalists, based on race, yet he continues to get away with pretending that he would treat jewish folks any better. Most, if not all, of these guys are full on nazis. It's not an accident that they were chanting, "Jews will not replace us" at Charlottesville. They hate jewish people equal to someone of color, if not even more. It's no different to them if they decide to murder a poc or a jewish person.

Trump himself famously said he only wanted jewish folks to count his money. Meanwhile, the evangelicals only care about jewish folks as far as being lynchpin to their end-times beliefs. What happens to the jewish people once they've fulfilled that role is not something they care about. Yet they continue to get away with it, and of course people like Netanyahu support them. Why?

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Trump himself famously said he only wanted jewish folks to count his money. Meanwhile, the evangelicals only care about jewish folks as far as being lynchpin to their end-times beliefs. What happens to the jewish people once they've fulfilled that role is not something they care about. Yet they continue to get away with it, and of course people like Netanyahu support them. Why?
My opinion on why people like Netanyahu continue to support them: 1. people who hire Jewish people based on a stereotype are in the end still hiring them, so meh; and 2. the fact that evangelicals will never stop believing that the end-times are right around the corner combined with the fact that the end-times are never actually going to come makes them a source of literally never-ending support, like an exploitably-flawed game mechanic.

Note that I don't actually personally know whether the end-times are ever going to come, whether as envisioned by evangelicals or otherwise; I'm just saying, if you're convinced they're not, then as far as you're concerned evangelicals are are well of support that will never run dry.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
My opinion on why people like Netanyahu continue to support them: 1. people who hire Jewish people based on a stereotype are in the end still hiring them, so meh; and 2. the fact that evangelicals will never stop believing that the end-times are right around the corner combined with the fact that the end-times are never actually going to come makes them a source of literally never-ending support, like an exploitably-flawed game mechanic.

Note that I don't actually personally know whether the end-times are ever going to come, whether as envisioned by evangelicals or otherwise; I'm just saying, if you're convinced they're not, then as far as you're concerned evangelicals are are well of support that will never run dry.
Sure, that makes sense, but in Trump's case he is giving cover to those people who do wish to murder jewish people with a wink and a nod, not to mention defining those who oppose them as terrorists while doing nothing to stop their spread, and one might even say, encouraging it, by having the 3 letter agencies downplay them for fear of disrupting his base.

Romana

SL Rez
White supremacist charged with threatening to shoot up Jewish community center

This must be one of those "very fine people" that attended the Charlottesville nazi get-together. Yet, just yesterday Trump again reiterated a call to denine Antifa as a terrorist organization as some other "very fine people" were set to descend upon Portland. He also says that Reps. Omar and Tlalib are the ones that hate jewish folks.

Trump takes a lot of heat and rightfully so for enabling and defending white nationalists, based on race, yet he continues to get away with pretending that he would treat jewish folks any better. Most, if not all, of these guys are full on nazis. It's not an accident that they were chanting, "Jews will not replace us" at Charlottesville. They hate jewish people equal to someone of color, if not even more. It's no different to them if they decide to murder a poc or a jewish person.

I think Netanyahu probably has a lot in common with 45, particularly the narcissism and criminality. Oh, and the nationalism: Netanyahu Says Israel Is 'Nation-State Of The Jewish People And Them Alone'
Since they're both narcissists, they probably each think they're using the other. 45 isn't likely to turn on Netanyahu because of the evangelicals. He also thinks appearing to back Israel will help him win the Jewish vote. He conflates Israel with the Jewish people, and they are not synonymous.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Like I said, you do not understand how our system works. You could get everyone that does not like donnie in, say, california to vote against him and it will not change the outcome of the election one tiny bit.
If they vote brand blue downticket it can still help.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
I think Netanyahu probably has a lot in common with 45, particularly the narcissism and criminality. Oh, and the nationalism: Netanyahu Says Israel Is 'Nation-State Of The Jewish People And Them Alone'
Well this was the founding principle/slogan of the state; it later gained though a big minority of other ethnicities mostly Arabs, which are around of 20% of the population until today.

The Jews in Israel do fear the demographic bomb (at least in the past); meaning that the Palestinians are breeding more happily then they to and are going to take over the state of Israel.

Also keep in mind that there are two possible ways on how to more or less have peace:

a) Palestine becomes its own state
b) the Palestinians all get the Israelian citizenship.

At the moment the two state solution becomes more and more unlikely, so if the Gaza strip is going to become Israel somewhere in the future it means the demographic of Israel is going to change drastically. And with the demographic bomb in action some day in the not so far away future Arabs are going to become the majority in Israel. Although in the last few years the fertiility rate in the Gate strip declined.

This is exactly what Bibi fears; this is why he denies that the Arabs are part of the nation state. This is what many supporters of Bibi do fear.

By the way: Netanyahu managed to get a BSc and MSc from the MIT. So I am pretty sure that it is a fact, that he is much more smarter than Trump will ever be.

Last edited: