Is SL freezing and crashing for you?

sldenizen

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It is for me lately. I've noticed it for maybe a couple of weeks. It's like the bad old days. My avatar can't move, but can turn in a circle. IM and chat stop. Inventory still opens. Search opens but gives no results. After a few minutes, everything goes gray, and I get the pop up that asks if I want to quit. It happens a lot at SL16B, but it also happens in empty sims.

Nothing has changed on my end as far as I know -- same old computer, same internet service, same Firestorm Releasex64 6.0.2.56680.

Thanks.

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
I haven't had that, but I've been having rezzing problems I hadn't seen in some time. Like things just staying gray for a long period, even in emptier sims.

Galen McGinnis

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Couple blue screens I can't account for recently, while inworld.

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
I see those symptoms when the network connection has been lost and the viewer just hasn't realized it yet. Usually powering off the network modem/router for a while then back on cures things for me. If you call your ISP they can usually perform some remote tests and may detect issues with your modem, their equipment, or somewhere in between.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Yeah, I'm with Knutz, sounds like a network problem. I stopped logging in during the day because the connection I had available was so unreliable and did this sort of thing a lot.

Caliandris

SL Rez
Joined SLU
2006?
I've had a few instances of failed teleports yesterday and today. It crashed me generally. That hasn't happened for a long time. Things have been a bit unreliable over the last few days. Everything else is still online amd spotify continued uninterrupted right through, so I have no idea whether it is me or them but I'm guessing them! Edited to add: another thing that has been happening to me is that my mesh body settings seem to be lost when I crash. That hasn't happened before either. In some cases I have had the mesh settings for an hour or so before crashing and yet they're lost when I return.

Last edited:

sldenizen

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Thanks everyone. I would like to blame my modem, but the problems started before I replaced it. I replaced it because I got new cable tv service, not because the old one was bad. Anyway, the problems started before the change.

Luisa Land

It is for me lately. I've noticed it for maybe a couple of weeks. It's like the bad old days. My avatar can't move, but can turn in a circle. IM and chat stop. Inventory still opens. Search opens but gives no results. After a few minutes, everything goes gray, and I get the pop up that asks if I want to quit.
Yes this happens to me too sometimes when I try to tp..I think since 2 or 3 weeks

• 1Thanks
Reactions: sldenizen

Amity Slade

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 2010
SLU Posts
I had a lot of problems sailing last week getting disconnects/hangs when crossing sims. It's been an occasional problem in the past, but frequent last week. I'm hardwired on my internet connection and it's be very reliable the past few years, so I don't suspect any problems on my end. I wonder if perhaps there are issues along certain ISP routes.

Caliandris

SL Rez
Joined SLU
2006?
I had a lot of problems sailing last week getting disconnects/hangs when crossing sims. It's been an occasional problem in the past, but frequent last week. I'm hardwired on my internet connection and it's be very reliable the past few years, so I don't suspect any problems on my end. I wonder if perhaps there are issues along certain ISP routes.
I bought myself an animesh horse a few days ago and have been riding up and down SL sims. Today I lost my horse every time I crossed a sim boundary, which was very annoying.

Val

n00b!1
Joined SLU
03/07/2017
SLU Posts
Did they not axe the UDP texture download recently? Might have to do something with that but not sure if it is noticable on newer clients as it was not used in them for ages (I have a collection of viewers besides old Nicholaz viewer which is a shame as used to be my fav :( ) . I would not say I noticed crashing but SL been slower in loading times however it is normal for its performance to be up and down for me so no idea.