SL Rez
SLU Posts

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I'm of mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it'll be fun watching Biden own his ass again this November. On the other, there is a non-zero chance Trump could win, and that would pretty much be the end of the United States as we know it.

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Donald Trump really likes to be a bully/godfather type of persona.

In one of the preelectional campaign races Trump told this about an unspecified NATO meeting during his administration: "One of the presidents of a big country stood up and said, ‘Well, sir, if we don’t pay, and we’re attacked by Russia, will you protect us? I said, ‘You didn’t pay, you’re delinquent?’ No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You got to pay. You got to pay your bills."

Of course Biden administration is really mad about these remarks.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

In one of the preelectional campaign races Trump told this about an unspecified NATO meeting during his administration: "One of the presidents of a big country stood up and said, ‘Well, sir, if we don’t pay, and we’re attacked by Russia, will you protect us? I said, ‘You didn’t pay, you’re delinquent?’ No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You got to pay. You got to pay your bills."

NATO isn't too pleased, either

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts

Well, if we're talking about arbitrarily changing the rules...

I don't think there's any evidence of Trump's grandfather ever renouncing his German citizenship, and considering that US citizens who live abroad still have to pay taxes to the US government, I think it's only fair to apply the same standard in the other direction.

I wonder how much tax money all those Americans with European ancestry owe to us.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Says the man who is notorious for NOT paying his bills.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Well, that's the problem with corrupt egomaniacs like Trump: he misinterprets bribery to him with "people just love me so much that they gladly give me all kind of stuff for free. Always!" And expects the whole world to behave like that: if Trump e.g. eats at your restaurant, of course Trump expects no invoice. Instead you should be paying him money that he blessed your business with his meaningful presence.

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
Jack Smith’s Subtle Shot at Trump Mar-a-Lago Judge Aileen Cannon

Department of Justice special prosecutor Jack Smith fired off a quiet shot across the bow at Cannon in a recent court filing—a filing that seeks to block Trump’s latest ploy to morph this criminal case into some kind of wild goose chase against the Biden administration.

Although the Trump team has already received 1.3 million pages of evidence, the former president’s defense lawyers are trying to bolster their client’s conspiracy-laden claims that this investigation is just a White House-led “selective prosecution.” In search of “political bias,” they’ve asked Cannon to force the DOJ to turn over all kinds of documents—under the guise of so-called “Brady rules,” which require the government to disclose exculpatory information to a person charged with a crime.

In short, it’s a fishing expedition to delay the trial. And, as it happens, Cannon herself worked on a case that established some clear restrictions on this kind of legal deep-sea voyage.

Back when she was a federal prosecutor in South Florida, Cannon worked on a case involving a 2015 sting operation that caught two men who planned to rob a fake stash house of half a million dollars of cocaine, showing up with two AK-47s in their pickup truck. One of them appealed his conviction by claiming he was subject to an unfair “selective prosecution” on the grounds that the vast majority of stash house stings nab Blacks and Hispanics.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Oh how sweet. Pretty sure Melania hates his guts.

And yet, despite it all, when it comes to his current wife – and the matter of raising campaign cash – Trump remains a determined softie.
Under the headline “This is a Valentine’s Day letter from Donald J Trump”, the message sent out on Wednesday began: “Dear Melania. I love you!”
It then took its unexpected turn.
“Even after every single indictment, arrest and witch hunt, you never left my side. You’ve always supported me through everything. I wouldn’t be the man I am today without your guidance, kindness and warmth. You will always mean the world to me, Melania! From your husband with love, Donald J Trump.”
Recipients who clicked on one of three big red invitations to “send your love” were directed to a page offering the chance to send a “personalised message” to Melania – and to donate to Trump’s campaign amounts ranging from $20.24 to $3,300 or “other”.

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
DT's really hitting the wall like his catsup now.

'We’ve already WON': Trump blows up at judge days ahead of expected fraud ruling

Here's the fun part:

We've already WON the NO Jury Allowed

"No Victims, No Damages, a Never Used Statute, Unconstitutional Gag Order, happy banks and insurance companies (All made lots of money!), No Complaints, Fully DISCREDITED STAR WITNESS WHO ADMITTED TO LYING ON THE STAND, NO CASE!!!" he exclaimed. "A Biden directed Political Witch Hunt for the purpose of Election Interference. Violent Crime at ALL TIME HIGH, AS BUSINESSES FLEE NEW YORK IN RECORD NUMBERS. I PAID OVER $300,000,000 in Taxes during dates in question, but they stupidly want me gone. MAGA!!!"
He neglects to mention that his attorneys had the opportunity to request a jury trial but turned it down. Whose fault is that, Donald!?

SL Rez
SLU Posts