Status
Not open for further replies.

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Trump and his overweening pride also works well as a tragic opera. Thankfully, we haven't yet had a terrible tragedy to impel the plot and libretto. But the dynamic between Mueller, Trump, and Putin may prove enough, depending on what Mueller reveals. Also, the current cast of "actors" in Trump's administration has a great many colorless villains in it; Sean Spicer, Bannon, Flynn, and Scaramucci (perfect for opera!) were much more interesting than the likes of Zinke.

Ishina

SL Rez
Just when I thought racism no longer existed, a black woman asks the president a question. The left indoctrinated me into thinking black people cannot be racist. There are no words to describe what I felt when a black woman made racism a thing again. She wouldn't even sit down when she was told to.

I understand many white people care very deeply about racism now it has returned, and though I was born in a post-racism age and will never understand what it is like to be a victim of it, I am inspired to see these victims diligently and heroically making a noise about it now. I send my thoughts and prayers out to all white people affected by this. Stay safe out there.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I wish I could believe that. But I just can't. I just can't see anyone who currently supports Trump, ever turning on him if he pardons a family member or three - not a single one.
It's not that any of his base will turn, it's that everyone else will come out and vote for a change. US presidential elections run about 55% turnout. There's plenty of room for more people to come out and vote. I mean, here in Georgia, turnout increased 50% from the previous governor's race, because people were energized.

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Trump can appoint only with the Senate's advice and consent unless the Senate is not in session (a recess appointment). It depends on whether McConnell has kept a light burning (so to speak) in the Senate or not. If McConnell has, Trump can't.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
"No doctor. No doctor. YOU'RE the doctor." - Trump, probably
Almost ...

The UK's Channel 4 take us through the video as broadcast on C-Span and as released by The White House. Yes, the two versions are different, as can plainly be seen when one is superimposed on the other.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Almost ...

The UK's Channel 4 take us through the video as broadcast on C-Span and as released by The White House. Yes, the two versions are different, as can plainly be seen when one is superimposed on the other.

What I am talking about! I thought he was already off the rails, but this....

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
I wish people would stop using words like "gone" or "un"hinged. Things that imply this isn't his normal state of being and he's reached a new level.

He's been like this for his entire time as and running for President and years before then. None of this is new. He has always been this shitty.

That's not to say we should ignore it, of course not. None of this is acceptable or normal and it never has been. Maybe i'm just frustrated with English being a crappy language in general, which as it happens is my normal state of being.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I wish people would stop using words like "gone" or "un"hinged. Things that imply this isn't his normal state of being and he's reached a new level.

He's been like this for his entire time as and running for President and years before then. None of this is new. He has always been this shitty.

That's not to say we should ignore it, of course not. None of this is acceptable or normal and it never has been. Maybe i'm just frustrated with English being a crappy language in general, which as it happens is my normal state of being.
True, he's always been like this. But lately, it's been getting more intense. He's behaving like a cornered animal. He's about to snap, and something bad is going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.