SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts
Yeah but, you’re a girl. *

* Aren’t you? I thought you are?

Sep 21, 2018
SLU Posts
The interesting thing about those three, is they represent the world's three largest oil producers, pumping 30 million barrels a day between them. If Saudi Arabia aligns itself with Russia instead of the US, that's a huge shift in geopolitics.

Sep 21, 2018
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
I would be surprised if it was not.

He also did a couple of head-desks this weekend too. Like asking military peeps about trade and what ship system he should put money to (because you 'needed to be Einstein' for one of them).
Capt. Pat Hannifin did a major burn on that stupidity when he responded: “You sort of have to be Albert Einstein to run the nuclear power plants that we have here as well, but we’re doing that very well,."

He's so stupid about this stuff he doesn't even know when he's over his head.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
SLU Posts

The Argentinian president was left alone on stage when his US counterpart, Donald Trump, walked away due to a misunderstanding during a photo opportunity. Both leaders shook hands before Trump left the stage, with Macri appearing to call after him. It appeared the Argentinian wanted Trump to remain on the stage as they awaited other world leaders for an official members’ ‘family photograph’

Pamela

Oct 7, 2018
Austin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Really, who would get this wrong? He was a teenage bomber pilot! He flew 38 missions! 38! He was shot down by the Japanese! It would only take a sentence to remind people of this very significant fact.

Sep 19, 2018
a sunburnt country
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Really, who would get this wrong? He was a teenage bomber pilot! He flew 38 missions! 38! He was shot down by the Japanese! It would only take a sentence to remind people of this very significant fact.
On the one hand, sloppy research is a bit of a hallmark of the Trump administration. On the other hand, Donnie is not exactly keen about praising anyone in a way that could draw unfavourable comparisons with himself; to wit, GHWB's WW2 record versus Trump's own Vietnam "record."

If it was anyone else, sloppy research would be the most likely answer. This however, is Trump we're talking about. Even William of Occam would have a hard time deciding the truth of the matter.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Didn't Trump also cancel his G20 presser this morning, too?

I seriously think Trump is falling into a depression. Things are falling apart all around him. And I'm not just talking about the Mueller developments; the larger facade has fallen and world leaders at international events like this are starting not to treat Trump like the perpetual guest-of-honor anymore.

Sep 19, 2018
a sunburnt country
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Is it just me, or does the Argentinian PM look a little like Peter Capaldi?

I just a very amusing 30 seconds, watching that clip and imagining Malcolm Tucker calling out after Trump, "Oi, get back ‘ere you giant sack of shitweasels. We ain't fucking done yet!"

Free

The Pie Whisperer
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Neuken, America
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Yeah but, you’re a girl. *

* Aren’t you? I thought you are?
How does that even matter?

If I was low in estrogen, beyond any real concerns about my health and such, why would it affect my view of myself and my psychological security? Because it wouldn't.

Sep 23, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Well, that's the official statement, anyway.
Considering that I first heard he'd cancelled them yesterday morning, and the news about HW hit my phone last night...? Think you're tapping the nail on the head here.

detrius

Sep 20, 2018
Land of bread, beer and BMW.
Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
He cancelled it out of respect to the Bush family and the late President, it seems: Trump cancels G-20 press conference
Hmm, what does this remind me of...

[Rick has turned himself into a pickle]

Morty: Rick, did you do this on purpose to get out of family counseling?

Beth: Morty!

Rick: It's okay, Beth. I understand Morty's suspicion. I've misled him before. Morty, turn me so we're making eye contact.

[Morty turns Pickle Rick's face so that it is facing him]

Rick: Morty, I assure you, I would never "find a way" to "get out of" family therapy. I hope my lack of fingers doesn't prevent the perception of my air quotes.

Beth: Okay, it's fine. I mean, you should just stay here and figure out how to stop being a pickle, okay?

Morty: Hey, Rick, why is there a syringe of mysterious fluid hanging directly over you? Also, why is the string attached to it running through a pair of scissors attached to a timer? And why is the time set to 10 minutes from now, exactly when we would have left for therapy?

Rick: [Long pause] Well, Morty, if you know must know, the syringe is completely unrelated to this discussion, and, therefore, it does not warrant further explanation.

ETA: oh hey, the first episode of Rick and Morty was aired on Dec 2nd, 2013 - exactly 5 years ago!

Last edited:

Ellie

Heretical Raccoon Skunk with a Rainbow Pootbeam
Sep 20, 2018
Ring Of Fire
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
SLU Posts
Considering that I first heard he'd cancelled them yesterday morning, and the news about HW hit my phone last night...? Think you're tapping the nail on the head here.
According to CNN,
Bush's death, late Friday at his home in Houston, was announced by his son and fellow Republican, former President George W. Bush, who praised his father as "a man of the highest character."
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/01/politics/george-h-w-bush-dead/index.html

Presumably the White House would have been informed (by the Secret Service if not the Bush family) before a public announcement was made. I'm sure, though, Trump was glad of the excuse to cancel a potentially difficult press conference.

Sep 23, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
According to CNN, https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/01/politics/george-h-w-bush-dead/index.html

Presumably the White House would have been informed (by the Secret Service if not the Bush family) before a public announcement was made. I'm sure, though, Trump was glad of the excuse to cancel a potentially difficult press conference.
And the first I heard of him cancelling was no later than friday morning, not friday night or saturday morning. It might have been thursday but I'm not as certain on it; this weekend has been rough.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
SLU Posts
And the first I heard of him cancelling was no later than friday morning, not friday night or saturday morning. It might have been thursday but I'm not as certain on it; this weekend has been rough.
Are you sure about that? After a quick search on Google I can't find any references to a cancelled press conference before Saturday, when he sent out this Tweet:
Sorry to hear you've had a rough weekend. I hope things are better today.

Tigar

🐯has been known to sip Tabasco from the bottle🐯
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 21, 2018
Avery Island
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts
How does that even matter?

If I was low in estrogen, beyond any real concerns about my health and such, why would it affect my view of myself and my psychological security? Because it wouldn't.