I'm looking for verse by Dorothy Parker, printed or virtual?

marycollette

I'm interested in buying her poetry, but can't find out what those volumes are called or even how many there are. I would appreciate it if you could direct me to one of those books or suggest a site that covers an extensive amount of her work.

I've just discovered her and can't come up with anything material so far. Like I said, I really would appreciate it if you could help me out or recommend somewhere in particular to look. Thanks. Initiative Q NUTRA THRIVE Noom Diet Plan

Last edited:

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
Poem Hunter lists 40, but there are more out there.

Dorothy Parker Poems - Poems of Dorothy Parker - Poem Hunter

Amazon lists a Penguin book of her poetry:

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Penguin-Classics-Dorothy-Parker/dp/0143106082/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542202398&sr=8-1&keywords=dorothy+parker+poetry

While you're there, score a copy of The Portable Dorothy Parker -- and you might want to order in a copy of Winnie the Pooh, just to balance out your sugar levels. Ms. Parker is a bit ... acerbic.

Just for an appetizer --

Unfortunate Coincidence

By the time you swear you're his,
Shivering and sighing,
And he vows his passion is
Infinite, undying --
Lady, make a note of this:
One of you is lying.

- Dorothy Parker

• 1Love
Reactions: ranner

Bea McMahon

Sister Jazz
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Caliandris

I have a copy of the folio society Best of Dorothy Parker which you are welcome to. I'm in the UK, not sure how much the postage to the US would be if that's where you are, but you are welcome to the book for the cost of the postage. Edited to add: cost of postage varies according to an economy rate which can take 42 days to arrive but only costs $9.30; standard untracked $14.18 5-7 days delivery; tracked $19.63; signed and tracked $19.63. It may be cheaper to find the book in a bookstore!

Incidentally the complete poems and the complete stories are both available as penguin paperbacks.

Last edited: