Ilhan Omar Remarks Divide Democrats

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I don't understand enough about the cultural issues surrounding Israel and the comments that Rep. Omar said to make an intelligent contribution here.

But what I DO know is; Nancy P. better get busy getting the freshman class calmed down a bit and the caucus as a whole back together and strong or we're gonna end up with another 4 years of that orange idiot. :facepalm:
Yeah, with Trump declaring the Democratic Party the party of anti-semitism, with all of his acolytes completely believing it, alongside some of his lesser backers, the Democratic party is at a crossroads. We absolutely need the proverbial Jewish grandmother in her home to not fall for this ruse, but the loudest voices are going to get her attention, whether worthy or not. Will she look into it? Maybe, maybe not. Will she fact-check the Republican Party and/or the media which amplifies their lies? I, personally, am extremely offended that they get away with it. The Republican party are the true anti-semites, but they get away with it, by screaming the loudest, despite their obvious examples of being anti-semite (Charlottesville, a member of their party calling for the KKK to go to DC and hang people, on and on). The Republican party, read the evangelical party, only cares about Jews as far as they believe they can use them for the rapture, then well, they can die, as far as they are concerned. That doesn't even touch upon their all-too-common long-held beliefs that it is Jews who killed Christ (and a desire to seek revenge for that) and all that goes with that. They speak out of both sides of their mouth. They support Israel as far as they want their money, but when it comes down to it, they ultimately believe that they are not Christians and don't mind all that much if they die to support Christians getting into heaven.

The people who only get their news from Fox News and/or the MSM, this is a hard blow to the party, regardless of whether or not it is true. Truth doesn't matter anymore; perception and screaming it at the top of your lungs does.

The old adage of being able to tell the biggest lie and get away with it applies here. We have to find a way to negate this, but I don't see how. It mixes their hatred of muslim with their underlying hatred of jewish folks, that they would never admit to.

Last edited:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I've been thinking about this whole situation a lot lately. Remember when I said Republican could go fuck themselves, in particular after Trump said that both sides had very fine people? Well, one thing I neglected to mention was that the cretins in Charlottesville, in addition to chanting, "Jews will not replace us" were chanting "Blood and soil", a nazi slogan. Go google it.

Dark, very dark. It is beyond me why our President would give encouragement to such people but he has and does. They, themselves think he's the second coming. He can do no wrong in their eyes. He is their president. He hems and haws, pretends to put on airs that he doesn't support them, but they know he does. His history shows us that he does indeed consider himself, of course, to be a superior human being. He has commented in the past about his superior genes. He keeps up pretense for the general public with denials, but he is a true believer.

If that doesn't give you chills, I don't know what would.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
A good Christian conservative once again demonstrates that they think religious freedom only applies to Christians:

"Think about it: Omar wears a hijab," Pirro said on her "Justice" show on Fox News. "Is her adherence to this Islamic doctrine indicative of her adherence to Sharia law, which in itself is antithetical to the United States Constitution?"
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/10/media/jeanine-pirro-ilhan-omar/index.html

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Even in context, Omar's 9/11 comments were not great. Describing 9/11 as "some people did something" was careless. Her larger point was that all Muslims were being blamed for what the terrorists did, but it is lost by her choice of words, which gave her critics ample ammunition to escalate the rhetoric against her.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Even in context, Omar's 9/11 comments were not great. Describing 9/11 as "some people did something" was careless. Her larger point was that all Muslims were being blamed for what the terrorists did, but it is lost by her choice of words, which gave her critics ample ammunition to escalate the rhetoric against her.
Maybe the "did something" was not great, but the truth. The bigger message was, of course, that it was done by a few people, but since then moslems world wide are universal suspicion. Of course this universal suspicion was something the GOP used for the wars against Iraq and Afghanistan; two lands, which had to do absolutely nothing with this terrorist attack; Bin Laden hailed from Saudi Arabia. Ok, he was in Afghanistan, and trained by the USA back then.

Anyway the bigger issue is that while Omar might have good intentions, she cannot go on with a few weeks without always saying something outright dumb/hard to get, normally though about/against the jews. She really needs to get a grip of herself and step up on that point.

Bin Laden hailed from Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; his family owns one of the biggest construction companies there. Iraq and Afghanistan were never involved in 9/11, but those were the countries America fought then war against, misusing the dead of WTC great lengths for their geopolitical goals. Since Saudi Arabia has too much oil, and Mekkah and Madinah as well and is a close ally to America, war was never brought to there, although terrorism gets supported big lengths from there. On the contrary, there's a construction of a nuclear power plant underway - 17 planned in total - with American support, which should not be monitored by the IAEA, also due to American pressure as well.

This means that KSA could get access to nuclear weapons - Iran will be even more surrounded by countries with nuclear weapons in their arsenal: Israel, Russia, China, Pakistan, India, and maybe some day KSA. So this might start a new nuclear weapons arms race in that region as well.

Last edited:

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
9/11 is an event that people have extremely visceral responses to, even 18 years later. Anything that could be even remotely construed as minimizing what happened is understandably going to be met with an emotional response even without the right wing pearl clutching and their blatant Islamophobia . I really like Omar, but I wish she would be more thoughtful in her words, especially knowing that she is under a microscope and the target of extremist hatred. This wasn't a gotcha moment for her. Had she chosen her words more carefully, there would still be grousing no matter what she said, but it would not have risen to this level.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Of course people are still really emotional about it, because this attack has been blown up to surreal gigantic proportions by all kinds of different peoples in America to support their goals, never really giving peace to the people and allowing them to settle down.

But it's 18 years after that; maybe some politician is going to be able to change that some day, because it's necessary, but I doubt Omar will be that person.

• 1Like
Reactions: CronoCloud Creeggan

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Man who threw 5-year-old from Mall of America balcony was 'looking to kill': Police

Far right websites are insisting that the man who threw the 5 yr old boy off the balcony is a Somali Muslim in Ilhan Omar's district. I do not know his religious beliefs, but from what I've gathered so far he may have been born and raised in Chicago. He has an outstanding arrest warrant there, apparently, as well. The MOA is NOT in Omar's district. It is in Bloomington which is not part of her district, though it appears he may have been living in Mpls.

He apparently decided to commit murder because he has been repeatedly rejected by women at the mall. He originally wanted to kill an adult, because they are often looking over the balcony, but picked this child at random, like any predator spotting easy prey. He has a history of violent episodes, in particular with women and in public.

Yet another man who feels it is his right to have any woman he wants, or else violence.

Ellie

Heretical Raccoon Skunk with a Rainbow Pootbeam
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
Israel Lobby Seeks to Muzzle Ilhan Omar, Sabotage Democratic Resurgence

I don't really listen to much rap so didn't know this.

If you examine the lyrics of the original song, P. Diddy boasts about his obsession with luxury, with fast cars, loose women, diamonds, etc. The reference to “benjamins” has nothing to do with Jews. Benjamins are a means to an end. They fuel his gangsta lifestyle.
Hmmm. Note to Democratic party from author:

Decide as a Party whether the white, male, billionaires of the Israel Lobby are more important than the young ethnic demographic which swept the Party back into control of the House. If you want their allegiance then you better stop dissing them and what they believe.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer