"Ignore" really means it

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I think I've puzzled out why some threads seem a bit disjointed to me. It doesn't happen often, but every once in awhile people post what seem to be random non-sequiturs. I'm guessing that these are responses to someone I've put on ignore.

In previous forums there would be a post entry for the Ignored person, with an option to open read if I really wanted to peek, but on VVO they appear to be completely hidden. Possibly even a quote from their posts is also hidden, but I can't tell because there's no indication anywhere of who posted the post I'm not seeing and where it falls in the thread.

Just for the record, I'm okay with this. A momentary confusion is a small price to pay for erasing someone completely.

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
I think I've puzzled out why some threads seem a bit disjointed to me. It doesn't happen often, but every once in awhile people post what seem to be random non-sequiturs. I'm guessing that these are responses to someone I've put on ignore.
Unless it's a Darnk post. Those are usually pretty random. :shiftyeyes:

Otherwise, yes, this forum software deletes their posts and the quotes of their posts.

omg .... what if Beebs has ME on ignore and never gets this vital message? :freakout:

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I always feel very guilty when I ignore someone. It feels like a cop out and what if they change their ways and become nicer?! That said, I know this viewpoint is naive so I will ignore overt trolls.
I use a timeout system, checking my ignore list frequently, and unignoring first timer offenders.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
I always feel very guilty when I ignore someone. It feels like a cop out and what if they change their ways and become nicer?! That said, I know this viewpoint is naive so I will ignore overt trolls.
In my case it's I better ignore someone or I'll turn into the troll. :)

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
Beebo???

Beeeebbboooooo????

BEEEEEEBBBBBOOOOOOOOO?????

Just checkin'.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
OK, now that Beeboo isn't paying any attention to us, let's start planning her surprise birthday party. Anyone know what kind of cake she like? How about drinks? And I really, really HOPE someone knows her favorite colors...

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Thick skin; it's only in the past couple years I've perma-blocked a couple obvious trolls, and usually most bans are for a month, figuring they'll move on.. It's not like they're tailgating me on the freeway or hanging out in my driveway waiting for me to come home...

• 2Like
Reactions: Sid and Beebo Brink

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Thick skin; it's only in the past couple years I've perma-blocked a couple obvious trolls, and usually most bans are for a month, figuring they'll move on.. It's not like they're tailgating me on the freeway or hanging out in my driveway waiting for me to come home...
On SLU my ignore list was filled with BANNED people. Even here that has happened to some degree.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I don't generally put anyone on ignore, unless that person just becomes exceedingly toxic. For those times, I'm glad VVO's ignore function works as it does.