Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
That's a white supremacist's wet dream, LOL. Joe can stop all the minorities from going to school, and Kamala can lock them all up in for profit prisons.
Sounds like you don’t think Black people who voted overwhelmingly for Biden are smart enough to avoid voting for a white supremacist.
Which just may tell you something about why they did it.

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
That's a white supremacist's wet dream, LOL. Joe can stop all the minorities from going to school, and Kamala can lock them all up in for profit prisons.
To have done as well as he did in the South Carolina primaries, Biden must have enjoyed the support of a considerable number of black voters there, since they make up so large a proportion of the registered Democrats in that state, so it would seem they, at least, do not share your misgivings about him.

Why is that, do you think?

bubblesort

To have done as well as he did in the South Carolina primaries, Biden must have enjoyed the support of a considerable number of black voters there, since they make up so large a proportion of the registered Democrats in that state, so it would seem they, at least, do not share your misgivings about him.

Why is that, do you think?
You think I am supposed to tell black people how to vote? Why, because I'm white?

Maybe you would feel more comfortable posting this kinda crap on storm front or something. People around here don't tend to wear white robes as much as you think.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Thinking about it - what are the chances that America gets proportional representation on federal level during our lifetime?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
You think I am supposed to tell black people how to vote? Why, because I'm white?

Maybe you would feel more comfortable posting this kinda crap on storm front or something. People around here don't tend to wear white robes as much as you think.
No, not at all. I'm not telling anyone how to vote. I'm simply trying to compare what you wrote with the outcome of the South Carolina primary election, and to apply a bit of common sense.

It seems to me there's three possible explanations for voter behaviour (assuming we discount as nonsensical the idea that some black Democrats in South Carolina also want to stop minorities going to school, so that's why they voted for him):
  • the voters were unaware that Biden wants to stop minorities from going to school;
  • they were aware of this, but thought his other qualities outweighed this negative characteristic;
  • they don't share your view
Which explanation do you favour, and why?

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Thinking about it - what are the chances that America gets proportional representation on federal level during our lifetime?
I don't know how old you are but in my lifetime pretty much zero. Of course, with the world, things happen. Maybe the US will swing far to the left. That hasn't been the direction in the last 50 years though. At this point I am worried we will fall into a dictatorship in the worst case.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
No, not at all. I'm not telling anyone how to vote. I'm simply trying to compare what you wrote with the outcome of the South Carolina primary election, and to apply a bit of common sense. ...

Which explanation do you favour, and why?
Innula, I fear you are trying to have a reasoned discussion with a troll. I have chosen to put him on ignore, my third on this forum.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Approximately zero. The apportionment of Congress is defined in the Constitution, which takes 3/4ths of the states to amend. The smaller states would not vote to diminish their power. Note that the House of Representatives is apportioned to the states by population, after every decennial census (which is coming up very soon, by the way). But each state gets two senators, no matter what their population is.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Getting a Constitutional Convention is very difficult, but not impossible. It would probably be easier to get statehood for DC and PR and try to balance the Senate that way.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
The Constitution makes no mention of political parties at all. And to make proportional representation effective, we would need to dump our bicameral legislature with separately elected executive for a parliamentary democracy.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
The original fight over having the senate was bitter enough, reversing it would be virtually impossible.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Veritable Quandry

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I more think Biden is too moderate, and maybe a bit clueless, but... eh, I don't dislike him, either. I just think there are better candidates.
Yeah, that is pretty much my analysis, mostly harmless. He is a typical moderate. I would never vote for him but it is not like I wish him harm either.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I more think Biden is too moderate, and maybe a bit clueless, but... eh, I don't dislike him, either. I just think there are better candidates.
Indeed. I don't think he'd be a bad president - Trump already sets that bar. He would just be a "meh" president.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I like the idea of primarying a cabinet.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer