Ideas to Increase Snapzilla Usage

Archer

Who knew?
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Do you have to be a member of VV to use it?

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
On the FB page and on VVO, have a picture of the day post every day.
I know shit like this is not your forte, Cris, but get someone to be PR and do it for you.
You want eyes on Snapzilla as much and as often as you can.
Many ppl are looking for alternatives to Flickr right now and this might just be your chance.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
i agree here.

marketing is key..especially with flickr paranoia...you'll want people to know that there is an alternative in case of collapase.. a few key bloggers could just suggest it and traffic will start comming your way. they will also start throwing suggestions at you( probably to make it look more like flickr ).

Edit: i just logged into my snapzilla account first created in 2009... i feel old.

whats the max size of the profile avatar image?
Yes, I am sure I am not the only one that got burned by flickr, where all my sl pics were until they did a mass deletion, so got out of the habit of taking pics at all.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Yes, I am sure I am not the only one that got burned by flickr, where all my sl pics were until they did a mass deletion, so got out of the habit of taking pics at all.
Mine disappeared out of one of my old accounts. I didn’t have many, but they were like a diary to me and now they’re gone with no way to get a backup (since the Seagate I also had them on died).

• 1Hug
Reactions: Sid
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Really spam the slpics address on the site so it's obvious how to do it. Like have every image that was posted from Second Life that way say something like "Posted from Second Life by mailing the snapshot directly to pics@slpics.com".

Edit: I tried to make the email address not a link, but it turned back into a link when posting.
There is a [PLAIN] markup tag for that - pics@slpics.com.

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
Hey Cris, how about a monthly themed photo competition?

The rules would be that only images sent to Snapzilla via the email from SL can be considered. They should fit the theme, and that they should be added to that months competition album.

I wonder if any creators or individuals would be interested in sponsoring some small prize money amounts each month - maybe L$1k for the winner?

It would be easy to promote this around via in world groups and other social media, hopefully increasing awareness and use of Snapzilla at the same time.

Asking some of the more established SL photographers to guest judge could be another option too.

I don’t think this this would interefere with your current best of Snapzilla, in fact it could also help to augment that round with the winner also being selected for that too.

I’d be interested in helping if you think this idea has any mileage :)

Natsuki Morigi

The newer look is harder to see, comment and like photos that others have posted than the older look was. Everything seems to take more clicks than the old UI.
The second is no more picmonkey and simple editing or filters. Those two made Snapzilla less attractive in my opinion. Can we get the ease of viewing what others have posted and simple editing,cropping, color balance etc.?