Hurricane Dorian could impact the 'entirety of Florida' when it makes landfall as a monster storm

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I really wanted it to focus on the mar lago property at a million mph
Apparently Dorian went "Eww, I'm not touching that" and stopped dead in its tracks just as tropical storm force winds reached the coast. The 5 PM Hurrican Center report says the storm is "stationary". Looking at the satellite imagery, the eye is jiggling around in indecision.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Random feeder bands are hitting Miami but nothing more stronger then typical random Florida weather. Schools and some public buildings are closed but people are going to work including me as we speak.

According to the news Lots of gas stations are empty and Publix and target are sold out of water except Dasani, soups are all gone except progressive clam chowder...

the storm is generating lots of memes.. Some people are complaining we made all these preparations for nothing..

We pay for insurance hoping you never have to use it.

I also like to remind people of the 3 other tropic disturbances out there that no one is really talking about yet.. we are still in middle of hurricane season.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
I hope someone tells her that this is a recipe for killing herself, unless she's been careful to keep some form of ventilation.
She's in a mandatory evacuation area with a house that obviously doesn't have hurricane shutters or doors. I hope for her sake that they don't get the worst of it.

• 1Agree
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi and Brenda Archer

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dorian is about 50 miles north of me now and we are still getting rain and wind bands from it. Thankfully it did not hit us. The next one coming that's a few miles off of Cabo Verde scares me a bit because I think it's more South than Dorian was and if it stays out in the warm waters of the Atlantic all it will do is pick up speed and strength. We were luck and did not have to put shutters up this time but I did pick up all my potted plants and gardening stuff. That's a half a days work so I'm not putting it back until the coast is clear. So to speak.

My heart goes out to the people in the Bahamas. 😢

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I don't really want people to get hurt or lose their stuff, but after all this build up of hype, this hurricane is starting to be really disappointing.
I live watching storms, both in real life and on TV. The Weather Channel is one of my quick-selects on my cable box. But a category 5 hurricane hitting Florida's midsection (or, really, anywhere else in the US) would have been devastating. I don't wish that on anyone.

Myradyl Muse

Mermaid Myradyl Muse
SL Rez
I am praying for all those who have been enduring this devastation, and the arduous recovery ahead. Have been to the Bahamas many times in my youth. To see the destruction of that pristine, serene beauty and the impact for the people is horrendous. My heart goes out to them all.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Dorian has been re-strengthening today and as of the 11PM advisory which just dropped is now once again a category 3 major hurricane, though close interaction with land now means it probably won't stay that way for very long.

Still, the hurricane is tracking due north at 7 mph; the current track will bring the center right up to the coastline before it bends and follows the shore to the northeast. South Carolina between Charleston and Myrtle Beach might experience eyewall winds from Dorian, and those areas and inland will be getting absolutely soaked by rain banding too - enough rain that Charleston might see some flooding as that's basically where that whole region drains through. Between Myrtle Beach and Charleston they'll be dealing with some storm surge flooding. And all of these problems will migrate north toward Cape Hatteras over the next couple of days as the storm moves that way.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
The current storm track shows that it may briefly make landfall around Cape Hatteras, NC, then again, still as a hurricane, through Novia Scotia. It will then make another landfall as a tropical storm through Newfoundland, then heading back out to sea, passing to the south of Greenland, still as a tropical storm. That. Is. Unreal.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I don't really want people to get hurt or lose their stuff, but after all this build up of hype, this hurricane is starting to be really disappointing.
I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt for unintentional insults, but do you have any idea how racist this statement sounds? Dorian has decimated the Bahamas as one of THE most dangerous hurricanes to rock the Atlantic, but you appear to discount that damage. Apparently it's disappointing because it's not wreaking havoc on Americans?

Last edited:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It will then make another landfall as a tropical storm through Newfoundland, then heading back out to sea, passing to the south of over Greenland
Combining Trumpsters for ya.

• 1Winner
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt for unintentional insults, but do you have any idea how racist this statement sounds? Dorian has decimated the Bahamas as one of THE most dangerous hurricanes to rock the Atlantic, but you appear to discount that damage. Apparently it's disappointing because it's not wreaking havoc on Americans?
I just really wanted it to obliterate Trump's stupid golf course alright. I didn't really mean much else by that.