hulu Hulu Adds FX Series

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
My 1 year .99/month Hulu deal is over this month, and it goes to regular price. I'm keeping it. I'm committed to a few of their shows now, and since I'm seriously contemplating cutting our cable cord in the next few months, their addition of FX is something I'm happy to see.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Conversely, I've just dropped mine (same deal). This splintering of a dozen different streaming services, all with different content and all charging $5-15 a month, is souring me on the entire "entertainment value" of streaming services.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I am not happy to see them gain the FX shows, or any other, for that matter. They are getting them because of the Disney/Fox merger which I don't believe should have ever been approved due to anti-trust/monopoly laws.

Netflix (and others) had some of the FX shows and now Hulu will have them, alongside all of the other shows that Hulu (Comcast, Disney and Fox (prior to the merger)) were pulling to use on Hulu. It dismays me to watch folks head on over to Hulu because now they will have all the shows, though obviously I see the appeal. They are the only ones to have people pay AND watch ads, just as they did with cable tv. They oppose (and use their money to buy policy) net neutrality. To me, it's the very same bad actors who gouged us continuously with cable tv now ready, set and willing to do it again with streaming, with the same shitty service they gave us then. They are succeeding.

Example of their service: I do have Hulu, because they're the only game in town for new episodes of prime time tv. I dropped cable some time ago. For a number of months you could not select video quality. I use the lower setting because Comcast (see: bad actor) has a data cap. I contacted Hulu support, who said that they were aware of the problem, that it should be fixed within a week or so, and that I would get a credit. Nope, it took months and no credit. Same bad service by same bad companies.

Last edited: