How to Rent Out Land?

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
So, I have some land I thought about selling, but I am thinking I may see if I can rent it instead.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? Google didn't help a lot. I have the basic idea, but i can't figure out some of the other logistics of it.

I've transferred the parcel to an alt and deeded it to a Rental Group. I have a rental box, but doing a test rental to another alt, the objects I rezzed just returned after the auto return time. I know usually this is fixed by adding tenants to a group. The rental box I have doesn't seem to have an auto add to group option, maybe I need a different box. I also have a couple of bots I could possibly use to do this, one running POR and one running Corrade. The new landlord/land owning alt is actually one of these two bots. Alternately, is this normally just done manually. Automatically seems better.

Anyway, if anyone has any input or suggestions for a rental system.

Summer Haas

Scripted Agent
SL Rez
Bots are used extensively for inviting to group. So much so, it's surprising there is no way to use LSL to do this with the right permissions. Anyways, make sure the group is active when rezzing or that your viewer is capable of auto-setting the land group. Firestorm has this in preferences but it must be turned on as it is not a default setting. Otherwise items will get returned, even if you are in the group.

In any event, your biggest issue is going to be finding a tenant.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Yeah, I figure if no one bites I will just sell it or abandon it.

It IS on the water though, so there's that going for it.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Tenants will have to be members of the same group that owns the land and have the powers to rez. Check the roles and abilities. There are some group joiner gizmos out there, but you need to check them out, you may need a bot to do the group join offer. If you set your land cheap enough, one of the land bots will probably buy it.