How much money do you spend on SL every month?

Ellie

Heretical Raccoon Skunk with a Rainbow Pootbeam
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
Depends on employment level - zero to USD 50 a month over the years.

Imnotgoing Sideways

Puts the FU in Cute
Took a peek at my Quicken and it looks like roughly $500 a month... (>.>)

I'm messed up in the head. =^-^=

Da5id Weatherwax

SL Rez
Joined SLU
08-20-2010
SLU Posts
Nothing.

(one premium account + tier on workshop + my upload addiction) <= (tips and fees for music gigs + Income from occasional projects + sales of a few silly little items)

I almost never make a RL profit but I usually pass the break even point by a few lindens.

Archer

Who knew?
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Usually between $50 - 100 USD a month, almost entirely on tips to entertainers and venue donations.

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Too much and not enough at the same time. usually between 20 and 40 a month, not counting Premium.

• 1Like
Reactions: WinterRabbit
Joined SLU
July 2007
SLU Posts
Probably about $40-50, mostly on my rent but also on shopping. Also have quarterly premium.

• 1Like

Maggy Hazelnut

Cat Herder
Joined SLU
March 2009
SLU Posts
Zero! I've spent no RL money on SL for many years now. I work in SL as a host & manager of a blues club & I use that money to do my SL shopping & pay my SL rent. I'm not even a premium member so bottom line is - zero spent! :)

• 1Interesting

Sid

I take a break.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
At the moment premium account and upload fees (minus stipend and occasional sale on marketplace). And of course a clean shirt and jeans for Christmas and Easter. That means around 5 to 20 Euro each month.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: PandoraB

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Argent Stonecutter and Silversten are grandfathered L$500 per week residents so they don't pay for premium. I have my first rental land on the d'Alliez chain that's currently about $20 a month, I keep telling myself I'm going to turf it but it hasn't happened yet.

Jopsy Pendragon

Moral Compasses get confused at the North Pole.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Too damn much considering I don't log more than once every other month. ($200ish a month)

• 1Hug
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Candy Cream

Taking into account that you can be banned for doing next to nothing I will no longer spend a penny in SL.

I used to spend about $25 every few months, never rented, just lived off the land, so to speak.

Having wishlists setup and my mains gets most things I want, otherwise I collect stuff at events, luckies, or group gifts.

Adeon Writer

With my 300L weekly from being premium and the various marketplace commissions that have accumulated over the decade, I have enough L every time I log in to never need to buy L. So, premium fees only. $6 usd a month for about the last 8 years. Everything gets dumped back in, I don’t (usually) cash out except I try to cover premium fees with L when I can.

Last edited:

OhSynclair

Wanderer
SL Rez
About $20 a month or every two months. Its enough for me to live comfortably in sl. I really slowed down in my SL. I use to be a huge modder and spend so much money creating creative avatars, mainly furries. But then mesh hit and my interest now in it just isn't there.

I hope it comes back. I miss that creative side of SL.

• 1Like

Victorianna Writer

If all else fails...reboot!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
With my 300L weekly from being premium and the various marketplace commissions that have accumulated over the decade, I have enough L every time I log in to never need to buy L. So, premium fees only. $6 usd a month for about the last 8 years. Everything gets dumped back in, I don’t (usually) cash out except I try to cover premium fees with L when I can.
Adeon….we must be long lost SL relatives....lol we have the same last name hehe:cool:

• 1Like
Reactions: Adeon Writer

Amity Slade

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 2010
SLU Posts
I pay for the Premium account, and that's about it. I have my small piece of Mainland that comes with the account, and my stipend gets donated to sims I like.

I make occasional big purchases. I bought Avastar last year (10,000 L$) to help make SL animations. When I heard that Sylva Petrov had passed a couple of years ago, I went to her store and spent around 10,000 L$ on animations, not knowing how much longer the store would be there. But I haven't had to buy L$ in 10 years.

If I could find a mesh body I like, and could fit that body with a reasonable wardrobe I like, I'd happily put down money for that. The appearance/fashion market doesn't really cater to my tastes though, so I have nothing to buy there.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I spend maybe $25 or so, but in fairness I give most of it to Neo... ^^

• 1Like
Reactions: NeoBokrug Elytis