How Do You Spend Election Night?

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
So I finally went to bed a bit before midnight. I woke up some time in the middle of the night and promptly threw up. I woke this morning and checked my phone for any news, and saw that the Orange Fuckapotamus falsely declared victory as we knew he would. I still came in to work today. It's going to be a fun day.

Maggy Hazelnut

Cat Herder
Joined SLU
March 2009
SLU Posts
I went to bed at 10pm & was up again at 1:30am. Stayed up & have since had 2 breakfasts - a big bagel & oatmeal followed a couple hours later by a ham & cheese omelet. Already thinking about what to have for 2 lunches & 2 dinners & snacks later today. lol

Maggy Hazelnut

Cat Herder
Joined SLU
March 2009
SLU Posts
Btw I'm still waiting for my Canadian emotional support person. I can't remember what thread that was mentioned in but I'm sure looking forward to him/her! Do I have to pick them up at the border or what? Please let me know cause I really need one asap! Thanks. :)

PS - I would even attempt to make poutine if needed. :)

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Btw I'm still waiting for my Canadian emotional support person. I can't remember what thread that was mentioned in but I'm sure looking forward to him/her! Do I have to pick them up at the border or what? Please let me know cause I really need one asap! Thanks. :)

PS - I would even attempt to make poutine if needed. :)
Me too! I could really use one right now! And bring maple syrup. The stuff they have here in the States sucks!

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I vacuumed the house. (my allergies -haaate- vacuuming so very much. I used to have someone to do it for me... but covid made that too risky. At least I can wear a mask while doing chores and not worry about freaking out the neighbors.)

I re-arranged all the furniture in my living room. And vacuumed again.
That all reminds me of a song called Legend of the USS Titanic. Jaime Brockett tells the true story of the captain crashing into an iceberg after smoking far too much weed for the first time.

So this time he's gonna tell the captain a little bit about this smoke that he's smokin'. He says, "Now the idea Captain, the idea is to get this smoke way down deep inside your tummy n' hold it there just as long as you can it'll make you head feel good all inside. So the Captain says alright he takes himself three big tokes off that funny little brown weed n' he says, "I am commencing to hold it in!"

He walked around the wheelhouse
He went downstairs
He laid down
He get up he ran in the other room
He sent a radiogram
He came on back in
He took a shower
He come out
He shaved
He laid down
He got up again
He turned on the television
He turned off the radio
He played a game of cribbage
He read his Masked Marvel comic book
He walked through the kitchen
Made a cup of tea, made a cup of coffee, sat down, ate a piece of pie, went upstairs, played another game of cribbage, went back in, finished his other Masked Marvel comic book, laid down, he had the television, the radio, the egg beater, the air conditioner n' everything's all goin' at once. He walks up on deck and this is fifty two minutes later n' this cat ain't breathed yet!

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Losing Florida, Texas and Ohio. Not completely unexpected, but insures a nail-biter instead of a Blue Wave.
It's more of a blue dribble. Biden has racked up a 3.5 million vote lead in the popular vote so far. That's better than Clinton's 2.8 million, but not by much. I was hoping for ten million this time, but I will settle for five when all the votes are counted.

As far as the election, I stayed up way too late last night, while mainlining coffee. Went to bed all jittery and appalled at the results. Today is going much better, and will probably turn in early, because the final counting won't be over for days yet.

Last edited: