How COVID-19 is affecting society

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
>> President Trump’s response to the pandemic showed a “flat out disregard for human life” because his “main concern was the economy and his reelection."

I'm waiting for the part that will shock me.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

A rural church wedding and reception on a beautiful day in the shadow of Mount Katahdin was no doubt a happy day. But it has spread misery ever since.

That single event on Aug. 7 is linked to outbreaks in at least two other locations in Maine, with more than 170 people contracting the virus and seven deaths since.

Dr. Nirav Shah, director of the Maine Center for Disease Control, said the single event has the power to undo much of the state’s progress during the pandemic. The virus can become “the uninvited guest at every single wedding, party or event in Maine,” he warned.

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
>> President Trump’s response to the pandemic showed a “flat out disregard for human life” because his “main concern was the economy and his reelection."

I'm waiting for the part that will shock me.
Pence had a female assistant.

• 1Yay!
  • 1not-sure
Reactions: Free and Innula Zenovka

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Promises of 100 million doses by the end of October, which of course is right before the election and 300 million by January!

Not gonna happen. It's absolute rubbish.
Yup. He's also been promising that a "great new health care system is just a couple of weeks away" for about the last 3.5 years or so.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Don't tell them yet Black Friday might not happen this year.
Here in the UK, Johnson is going to be remembered as the PM who cancelled Christmas, which is something he will absolutely hate.

That, combined with the chaos that will follow the end of the Brexit transition period, whether or not it's exacerbated by a no-deal Brexit, will be a memorial he richly deserves, though it's a shame the rest of us will have to endure it.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Cromwell's heirs will be delighted.

“What on earth happened to the freedom-loving, twinkly-eyed, Rabelaisian character I voted for? Oliver Hardy has left the stage, replaced by Oliver Cromwell,” said columnist Toby Young, complaining of a “lack of engagement with the detail”.

• 1Like
Reactions: Arkady Arkright

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Yup. He's also been promising that a "great new health care system is just a couple of weeks away" for about the last 3.5 years or so.
Also, all the big drug companies made a joint statement that they will not rush a vaccine until it is fully tested. This is simple business logic. If their vaccine kills a bunch of people, they may lose the trust of everyone, for all drugs. So if these companies are not going to rush into production and distribution, where would it come from for Trump? Nobody else has the capacity or the knowledge to mass-produce it.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Maybe he only wants early Republican voters to believe it.
They took his lies for granted in 2016, why not now?