How COVID-19 is affecting society

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Man, what a juxtaposition between the two last posts.

It’s unfortunate that a minority of people grab so much of the headlines/social media when so many are doing what’s “right”. But of course, it only takes a few to screw things up when it comes to this virus.

Not only do they contribute to speeding up the spreading of Covid, they diminish our hope and goodwill, if you understand what I mean. It’s almost just as bad.

That’s why I have lessened my interwebs lately. I think at the moment I prefer to lie to myself and believe in the goodness of all people, no matter the differences or political affiliation. I don’t want to be sucked up in the vortex of anger and ugliness.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I actually said similar words to my sister about a week ago. I said, "If these people had been alive during WWII, they would have been running out into the streets when London was being bombed." That was in regard to that restaurant that was packed on Mother's Day.

This woman? If she had done that to me, I'm not sure I would have restrained myself. I have already been spit upon and had I later developed the virus I wouldn't even have known who may have given it to me. I think, this time around I might just consider decking the person, and then when the police were called, I'd at least have their name for future reference, unlike that poor lady that worked the ticket office in London.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I actually said similar words to my sister about a week ago. I said, "If these people had been alive during WWII, they would have been running out into the streets when London was being bombed." That was in regard to that restaurant that was packed on Mother's Day.

This woman? If she had done that to me, I'm not sure I would have restrained myself. I have already been spit upon and had I later developed the virus I wouldn't even have known who may have given it to me. I think, this time around I might just consider decking the person, and then when the police were called, I'd at least have their name for future reference, unlike that poor lady that worked the ticket office in London.
I would most certainly have shoved her away from my person and then called it self defense (which I honestly believe it is).

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

I said it on facebook.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Apparently so.
Yes, there is precedent here for spitting at least. That developed in response to the AIDS epidemic. I'm not sure if that would happen now with such an entitled population and police departments probably afraid to even charge them lest it turn the "But, my rights" brigade upon them.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Yes, there is precedent here for spitting at least. That developed in response to the AIDS epidemic. I'm not sure if that would happen now with such an entitled population and police departments probably afraid to even charge them lest it turn the "But, my rights" brigade upon them.
Since the police almost certainly get deliberately spat at far more frequently than do most of us, and doubtless now coughed at, too, I think they will probably be quite enthusiastic to discourage such unpleasant and dangerous behaviour.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Some impressive fuckwittery here (not the OP, the reply):

I was discussing this with my spouse as we are both advocates for disability issues and I am involved with some mask stuff right now. Basically mask laws need to have exceptions for people that can not wear them for other medical reasons but typically exceptions like that are rarely used.

One thing I think everyone can agree to. Someone hiding behind the ADA to say they have a get out of jail free card when they do not have such a disability is an asshole. Especially since by not wearing a mask they are increasing the risk to people who legitimately can not wear a mask.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Govi and Aribeth Zelin

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Councillors and Scottish politicians are the subject of a misinformation campaign by the Epoch Times, a website the New York Times has called “one of the most mysterious fixtures of the pro-Trump media universe”.