How COVID-19 is affecting society

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I don't know where else to put this. It’s just maddening as fuck.

Really. I can take a lot in stride but when I see polls indicating high approval ratings for his handling of this disaster I am plunged into depression. Because I hoped the one biggest good thing to come out of this was for him to finally be revealed for the monster he is.

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Not exactly virus related, but opens up possibilities of things to try at home lol

Had to watch it again after someone pointed out that Chucky mysteriously appeared at some point! :)

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Archer

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
And the stupid keep getting stupider.

The video appears to have been filmed on March 11 at the Warrenton store, according to court records. Pfister was taken into custody this week, and Warren County prosecutors charged him today. The charge is a low-level felony.

Bizarrely, he's not the first person to get in trouble with police for licking surfaces as public health officials beg people to wash their hands, keep at least six feet apart and avoid touching their faces in hopes of slowing the spread of COVID-19. The manager of a grocery store in Wisconsin called police after a woman licked the door handle to a freezer, reportedly to protest the virus, while a manager was disinfecting the store, Newsweek reported.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
And the stupid keep getting stupider.

She did it to "protest" the virus? That's a bit like protesting the sun. In addition, Wisconsin has an abnormally high number of cases, for its population and size unless they are having access to more tests. I wonder if there is a mental health issue with her. If not, fuck her.

I must have clicked on the wrong link. The one that I read involved a lady in Wisconsin.

Last edited:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Playwright Terrence McNally dies aged 81 of coronavirus complications
The Tony award-winning playwright Terrence McNally has died at 81.

The writer of Kiss of the Spider Woman and Frankie and Johnny was a survivor of lung cancer who lived with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). He died of complications from the coronavirus, his spokesman confirmed.

McNally’s long career began in 1961 when John Steinbeck asked him to work together on a number of projects, including a musical version of East of Eden. Throughout the 60s, McNally wrote a number of plays, including Noon, Next directed by Elaine May and And Things That Go Bump in the Night, which drew criticism at the time for its gay content.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez

Sredni Eel

In Space, no one can hear you Cha Cha Cha!
In spite of Trump's insistence that the country be "reopened" on Easter, SF Bay Area School Superuntendants held a meeting today with Gavin Newsom and discussed keeping all Bay Area school districts closed till at least May 1. Trump is not in control of the situation. Individual governors are.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
In spite of Trump's insistence that the country be "reopened" on Easter, SF Bay Area School Superuntendants held a meeting today with Gavin Newsom and discussed keeping all Bay Area school districts closed till at least May 1. Trump is not in control of the situation. Individual governors are.
Also counties and cities. Here in the Atlanta area, Fulton County closed all the schools, parks, libraries, and government offices. The City of Atlanta, which is in that county, has a "stay at home" order in effect. Trump can't lift any of that.

I think it has been mentioned before, but Trump's main business is hotels, golf resorts, and office buildings. Nearly all of them are shut down. He's going broke (again). That's why he wants stuff to re-open, body count be damned.

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Certainly that, but also he rightly believes that COVID will negatively affect his election chances, therefore COVID must be lied/propagandized into non-existence. His believers believe everything he says, so if he keeps them fooled all the time and gets no desertions in the states he won before, he'll be re-elected.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Also counties and cities. Here in the Atlanta area, Fulton County closed all the schools, parks, libraries, and government offices. The City of Atlanta, which is in that county, has a "stay at home" order in effect. Trump can't lift any of that.

I think it has been mentioned before, but Trump's main business is hotels, golf resorts, and office buildings. Nearly all of them are shut down. He's going broke (again). That's why he wants stuff to re-open, body count be damned.
Same here, our Governor basically told the cities and counties they can do what they think best - so we closed like a couple of weeks ago, the moment there was a case. Its helped a little I guess, we're at 14 cases, though we did have only one for a while, I'll wager that the change is getting test results back.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer