How Big Is Your Second Life Inventory?

SL Rez
SLU Posts
My iventory is big, so big. It's HUGE.

Actually it's smaller than all of yours. Only 12000 elements since 2003.

Conifer Dada

There's always time for another coffee.
SL Rez
Mine's just under 11,000 at the moment and ready for a clear-out. But what do I clear out?

Textures I've made but not likely to use again?
Clothes I'm never going to wear again?
Things I've made that I'm never going to use again?
Landmarks I'm never going to visit again?
Poses I'm never going to try again?

It's all so difficult !!

• 1Agree
Reactions: Sid

Worthless Whore

This girl is worthless
Part of the problem is all those "freebie box" things you see around. I'm like "yeah sure ok, why not?" then when you open it there are dozens of duplicate items that you already have along with a couple cool new things.

I used to take the time to go through and delete the dups, but then after spending 15 minutes deleting shit I finally just say "fuck it" and leave em.

Sooooo many "basic blonde hair"...

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I finally got around to checking and it says I have 43,000 Elements in my inventory.

know I have thinned it out a lot. I think at one point it was over 60k.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
I'm around 37k, but I really could stand to get rid of some more of the old clothes that are just lower quality. I did that purge once. I need to do it again. And my objects folder.... I should just get rid of anything unsorted in it older than a year that hasn't been used recently. But between that and textures, I am just exhausted thinking about looking at it.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Tiffy Vella

There's just over 40,000 in mine, and feel pretty ok about that. Tossing a few thousand sculpt maps recently helped a lot. I box a lot. Best habits= boxing textures into projects and also boxing outfits, just leaving the couple of items I actually need for my shape out. Worst habit is my Folder of Shame. Its in objects, and its called "sorted". It holds half my inventory, and is absolutely not sorted. It makes me feel better to look at it though. Problem sorted, I guess!
I cant remember what is in there anymore, so instead of finding anything, I just go to my shop and pull a fresh box off the shelf. And textures?----I go to wherever the texture is already rezzed inworld and control c the name so I can find it again.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Finally checked, and it's about 43000 in my main.

RyanSchultz

Social VR/Virtual Worlds Blogger
I just wanted to post an update. It looks like my decision to keep all my older system skins and system layer clothing is paying off!

Here's my take on the new Bakes on Feature support in Firestorm:
The Firestorm Second Life Viewer Now Supports Bakes on Mesh
And here's another update I posted yesterday, about BoM for both Maitreya and Altamura mesh bodies:
Second Life Bakes on Mesh: Truly a “Second Life” for Your System Avatar Skins and Clothing!
I am very happy with how well Bakes on Mesh works. It have given a "second life" to all my old system skins and system layer clothing!
In the second blogpost I tell you about a free set of finger and foot fixes for older system avatar skins available from League, which will fix issues around the fingernails and toes of these skins. I have tested the fixes and they work well too. So basically you can now wear anything on your mesh body, if it supports BoM.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
I just wanted to post an update. It looks like my decision to keep all my older system skins and system layer clothing is paying off!

Here's my take on the new Bakes on Feature support in Firestorm:
The Firestorm Second Life Viewer Now Supports Bakes on Mesh
And here's another update I posted yesterday, about BoM for both Maitreya and Altamura mesh bodies:
Second Life Bakes on Mesh: Truly a “Second Life” for Your System Avatar Skins and Clothing!
I am very happy with how well Bakes on Mesh works. It have given a "second life" to all my old system skins and system layer clothing!
In the second blogpost I tell you about a free set of finger and foot fixes for older system avatar skins available from League, which will fix issues around the fingernails and toes of these skins. I have tested the fixes and they work well too. So basically you can now wear anything on your mesh body, if it supports BoM.
I have a ton of old skins boxed up, a lot of Exodi. This will be interesting, to say the least.

Milly

I have a very small inventory because I went through a phase where I was ruthless and got rid of massses of things. Like a lot of my system make up and tattoos (which I'm regretting because BoM). I'm currently at 21,598 , it will go down once I delete some demos and landmarks but I wish I hadn't been so strident about keeping it so low.