How Big Is Your Second Life Inventory?

Bea McMahon

Sister Jazz
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Since I am not a creator, I don't have that problem to deal with. I am currently just shy of 12,000 elements. It is fairly well-organized, but there are areas where I could do better.

Caliandris

I tried to limit it to 50K but it's crept up to 65K. That's including a number of culls, giving away alternative sizes for gacha clothing and boxing stuff up, as well as using a storage solution, texture organizers etc. It is well organized but there are a lot of things I'll never use again but can't bear to throw, like buildings from Numbakulla and of course all the things my late partner made or gave to me. I've begun to regret that I'm not really a pack rat as I discard all the alternative body shapes in all the clothes I buy and have now decided I may buy a different body, shucks. But you just can't keep everything.

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
So...I'm curious. How big is your SL inventory?

Do you throw out old stuff regularly? Do you just let it accumulate? How do you organize it? *Do* you organize it?

I'll start. My current inventory size is *cough*239,322*cough*
159278. And what is this thing called "or-gan-i-za-tion" you speak of?
Inventory search is my friend.

Yep, it is as I suspected. I am a MAJOR outlier.

:bawl:
I am doomed!
Not an outlier, you are Vanity Fair, a Fashionista. Your inventory is going to be high by default. Inventory must always increase, never decrease, such is the way of the Fashionista. Also, Deletion is Heresy.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I build.

Objects.

Lots of objects.

Lots and lots of objects.

I need a raft to float on top, but that would be more objects.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I tried organization once. I accidentally deleted a huge folder of stuff in the process. I learned having things spread out was better.

• 1Like
Reactions: Han Held

Amanda Dallin

SL Rez
135,255 about 7 or 8 years ago I did a major purge or I'd be over 200,000 easy. Not that I deleted much but I boxed a lot of things.
As far as organization goes I have folders with descriptive names like "Stuff" "More Stuff" and "Even More Stuff"
of course there are also folders labeled "Junk" "More Junk" and "Even More Junk"

Ryan, you're not an outlier. Most of the people with extremely high inventories are just too ashamed to admit it.

• 1Like
Reactions: RyanSchultz

Mistryl Glyn

Getting my chard on
SL Rez
Joined SLU
6-28-2015
SLU Posts
107k.

I had gotten it down to 70k from 128k about a year and a half ago, but then I started building and creating again and it snowballed.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
i culled my 138k to 70k about a year ago and now i regret doing it

Tintamar

I'm up to 60k on my main avi... wow I was able to keep it around 50k for the longest time.
Its so time consuming to clean it up.

Han Held

Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
I'm at 80k too.
I've started kind-of organizing. I have year folders (2010, 2011, 2012, etc) in the root of my inventory, then using the "older than" filter in firestorm I've pretty much thrown everything into the appropriate folder.

Between that and search it works better than what it was, though still way, way far from ideal.

Chalice Yao

The Purple
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2007
SLU Posts
33k! Up from around 23k a couple years ago after a big purge from 70k. Need to do some cleanup again soon.

Worthless Whore

This girl is worthless
I was sorting inventory just this morning and feeling overwhelmed at 22,000 items. I used to try to file them all neatly away in lableded folders, but somewhere around 2015 I lost control and there's just big dumps of objects into folders called "Recent Purchases" or "New Clothes" or "More Stuff."
LOL! I have many, many neat and tidy folders, and then, after them, is a seemingly endless stream of "stuff" just there, in my inventory.

Worthless Whore

This girl is worthless
I presume that the only reason Linden allows us to have such bloated inventories is that they use a system like Python does, and instead of multiple entries of the same item, there is just one "Sexy black pumps with serpent design" and 2,468,129 inventory items that are simply pointers saying "yeah, that".

I mean seriously, otherwise they would have multiple servers with nothing but shoes on them.

• 1OMG!
Reactions: Fionalein

Bea McMahon

Sister Jazz
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I am the outlier, and I know it.
I love to look nice, but I have never been a fashionista. I don't really shop that much - I only buy things I really love, and that look great on me. I don't do gatchas, I don't do hunts. I did a fair amount of SL photography for a while, but I saved pics to my hard drive. I don't have lots of vehicles, or houses, or animals.
A lot of this is due to the fact that, when I started, I was on a pretty tight budget, and had to be careful with my lindens. I'm not, now, but old habits die hard.
And I just boxed up 300 pictures. :)