House Formally Launches Impeachment Inquiry

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I just sat through all eight hours of the first day of the impeachment hearings that I had DVR'd from Wednesday. Overall, it went about how I expected it would. But two things really stuck out for me: One, Jim Jordan whining about how unfair the proceedings were every time he had the floor, and two, Devin Nunes insisting that the proceedings can't be legal unless the identity of the whistleblower is revealed and s/he is called in to testify under oath. Also Nunes' and a few other Republicans' efforts to turn the impeachment hearings into a trial for Hunter Biden and President Obama.

I don't think I'm going to try to follow the rest of the hearing quite so closely, else I'll have to double up on my blood pressure meds.

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
I just sat through all eight hours of the first day of the impeachment hearings that I had DVR'd from Wednesday. Overall, it went about how I expected it would. But two things really stuck out for me: One, Jim Jordan whining about how unfair the proceedings were every time he had the floor, and two, Devin Nunes insisting that the proceedings can't be legal unless the identity of the whistleblower is revealed and s/he is called in to testify under oath. Also Nunes' and a few other Republicans' efforts to turn the impeachment hearings into a trial for Hunter Biden and President Obama.
Adam Schiff has done a remarkable job retaining control over the proceedings. He refused to let Elise Stefanik derail at the opening bell and continued to deny Jordan his grandstand. Jordan has made a reprehensible name for himself for a long time, but this impeachment is worse. He needs an Oscar the Grouch costume and a trash can to sit in.

danielravennest

SLU Posts

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
SL Rez
SLU Posts
There's this description by Stormy Daniels. That's more than enough for me. I can do without the pictures.

“He knows he has an unusual penis,” Daniels writes. “It has a huge mushroom head. Like a toadstool …
“I lay there, annoyed that I was getting fucked by a guy with Yeti pubes and a dick like the mushroom character in Mario Kart ...

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
There's this description by Stormy Daniels. That's more than enough for me. I can do without the pictures.
Next time I hope you can do without the quote!

• 1LOL
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
What the? They take place during business hours so of COURSE most people are *gasp* not watching them live but catching recaps. Even so, I notice when businesses have TVs on for this they tend to draw a crowd. Plus most people are watching on the net.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez